Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Testing Twoway Sms Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Testing Twoway Sms Application (727 Views)

Mobile Bulk Sms Application / My Bulk Sms Application / Testing Programmers: Puzzles Or Web Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Testing Twoway Sms Application by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2013
I need to test the application in some way before going live.

i just developed a twoway sms application. when you send message to a 5 digit shortcode, that message get forwarded to a url i have specified in the service provider so i can process it and send response

is there any emulator/simulator that you have used to do this your self

Thanks
Re: Testing Twoway Sms Application by buddie(m): 5:48pm On May 25, 2013
Use 3rd party sms providers as smslive247 or clickatell. they offer API for this purpose.when u say 5digit short code you mean already procured this?
Re: Testing Twoway Sms Application by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On May 26, 2013
coolcurrent4u: I need to test the application in some way before going live.

i just developed a twoway sms application. when you send message to a 5 digit shortcode, that message get forwarded to a url i have specified in the service provider so i can process it and send response

is there any emulator/simulator that you have used to do this your self

Thanks

Have you sufficiently unit tested the application? If yes, then you don't really need an emulator . .. you can create a test app to send to a test 5-digit code and have a test in the url that it is forwarded to to, catch messages from your test code, and send responses back letting you know your test worked, or not.

(1) (Reply)

Vance Miller / What Are The Best Mobile/Web-Based Online Businesses To Build In Nigeria/Africa? / Cabling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.