Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Rendering In Maya - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Rendering In Maya (1413 Views)

High Quality & View Port Rendering In Maya! / High Quality Rendering In Maya / Maya And 3dMax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rendering In Maya by jemit(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2008
hello guys, i kind of need help with rendering in maya. i think i do nice models but have not been able to get wonderful final images.

i believe i need to work on my rendering skills. any ideas on how to make a scene look next to a real photograph instead of looking cartoon-like.
Re: Rendering In Maya by zPixel(m): 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2008
Hey jemit, how r u doing. It's been a while. I've been seeing your stuffs around, keep it up.

To make your scene next to real photograph, you have to understand the basics of lighting, study how light affects your environment, you can also study real photograph to figure out what is missing in your scene like surface detail, specularity, reflections and so on.

As you might have learnt there are you major ways of rendering a scene, you either do direct illumination or indirect illumination(GI). To really achieve something realistic, you have to use indirect illumination(GI) which produce more accurate illumination. For more info you can search Google for tutorials on rendering with GI using mental ray.

Hope have been able to help in a way.

(1) (Reply)

***needed - Graphic Artist/flash Animator*** / Video Production - Hd Pro - Camera. Editing - Vegas. Motion Effects Final Cut / Sketch Of Eva Alordiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.