Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,843 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

Keshi: Anichebe Refuses To Talk To Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: Anichebe Refuses To Talk To Me (690 Views)

Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today! / Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi: Anichebe Refuses To Talk To Me by joseph1013: 8:34am On Apr 24, 2013
Though Victor Anichebe remains in the plans of Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi, he was not listed in the 30-man list for matches in May and June because he refuses to communicate with Super Eagles officials. This was the reason that the coach gave for excluding the Everton striker.

"I made several efforts to discuss with Anichebe but all to no avail and he has even refused to respond to messages left for him on his phone,” Keshi told Complete Sports.

“He has refused to pick my calls or even call me. He has also not responded to messages and calls from the Team Secretary, Dayo Enebi."

The 25-year old has been in good form for Everton and is set to have his most successful season for the Toffees since he burst onto the scene in 2005.

“Anichebe is a good player who would add value to the Super Eagles attack. I need him in the team but I cannot force him to play for his country.

“He has to show the zeal to play for Nigeria before we call him to join the Eagles," Keshi added.

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/04/23/3925661/keshi-says-evertons-victor-anichebe-refuses-to-pick-his
Re: Keshi: Anichebe Refuses To Talk To Me by andyanders: 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
Keshi, are you saying that you and your NFA members cannot go to his club to meet him? If it is to collect money from Adanuga and other state governors, you people will be there before time. You rae not acting as if you EVER played the game of soccer.
These guys are your younger brothers and you should handle them as a professional and also try to make amends with them in order to forge ahead in building a stronger Super Eagles. You cannot be having problems with most of your old players. Try to carry them along.
I believe that after making use of Anichiebe for his services for this country, have you been following his health issue when he had problems and was not featuring for his club and you as a country and coach never asked for his health situation?

(1) (Reply)

Spain Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup On 7th July 2013 / Audi Cup 2013: Bayern Munich Vs Manchester City (WATCH LIVE ONLINE) / Barcelona Vs Levante (7 - 0) FULL TIME.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.