Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,669 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic (15633 Views)

Luis Suarez Completes £75m Transfer To Barcelona / Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich / Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by nabdeck(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
Boyoorisha: LUIS SUAREZ has been given a 10-match suspension for his shocking bite attack on Branislav Ivanovic.
The Liverpool hot-head yesterday admitted a charge of violent conduct.
And Suarez’s season has today been ended after an independent panel hit him with the bumper ban.
The standard punishment for violent conduct is three games but the FA had claimed that was “clearly insufficient”.
Suarez last night denied he should recieve extra punishment.
But the FA have today got their way and the Uruguay bad-boy is now facing a lenghty spell on the sidelines.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4901117/Luis-Suarez-banned-for-10-games.html#ixzz2RODhdFjU
. Sounds hm ryt
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by BashToks: 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
fresh_dude: Exaggeration? Are you trying to condone cannibalism?

Hehehehe!! NO to cannibalism!
We have alotta sickos out dere as it is.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Ikoniko(f): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
[quote author=dopeJemi]

No.. He sLipped and felL on ivanovic with his mouth wide open and his 2 front teeth pointed out Like a sharp bLade

Buh guy u funny. Dem dey bite person by mistake
Abeg no kill me with laugh
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ivanovic needs to go for a HIV test
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by IlCapitano(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
breezy047:

Live with it grin
Smh. It's a step too far. It's even a tad unjust. Utter blarney.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by BashToks: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
Zico4real: Suarez needs to be councel
Counselled

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by pomporiking: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
Its typical of the FA to always try to show the world they are doing their job.rooney got sent off against montenegro for kicking a player,but the hypocrites decided to appeal it.Mcmanaman horror tackle on haidara got nothing aguero on luiz the same.only when suarez commits an offence the FA would make him a scape goat.Bunch of spineless cowards

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Eifeh(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
just like the guy die
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by feelamong(m): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
dopeJemi:

What's wrong with u? Do u use ur teeth 2 pLay footbalL, I guess urs is teethbalL, just so u know, dis is d second time he is doing it... TelL me, why on earth wud a pLayer bite a felLow pLayer on d pitch.. It beats Me

so tell me how many match ban did the FA give Defoe when he bit Mascherano? is is because its Suarez who is not english?

BTW so Racism is a far less offence in football? so why give John Terry 4 match ban for racism?

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by BashToks: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
ItsModella:
you dey mind am? he sees nothing wrong in somebody turning into a vampire.

Honestly.. Why would a grown ass man bite another man?? D replay still cracks me up, esp that part where Ivan did the cross sign
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Nkonadi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
Iron Mike was fined £2million plus significant legal costs, ordered to perform prolonged hours of community service and given a life suspension from boxing which waslater commuted to one year.

The punishment for Suarez should be even more, to use the most cuttingly illustrative word, Draconian.

Why? Because while Tyson was responsible only unto himself and his sport, Suarez has also sullied the reputation of one of the greatest football clubs in the world.

Not only that but he has done so on the very day when Liverpool were commemorating the anniversary of the harrowing tragedy which cost the lives of 96 of their supporters.

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Sezua(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
zubbainno123: They are just Exaggerating this whole thing...........Bleep British Press.
seconded
simply because he's nt an englishman...mschew..if it was john terry now...the 3 match ban wud av been enuf
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by biolabee(m): 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
KingOmarion: you undecidedwats the meaning of that dot....that's not wat we need to hear and for Suarez the ban is much was hoping 3match ban

If an english man bites - it's just a yellow card but if it's suarez oh no we don't want no cannibal from south america

2006 jermaine defoe bit javier mascherano

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Sezua(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
dopeJemi:

What's wrong with u? Do u use ur teeth 2 pLay footbalL, I guess urs is teethbalL, just so u know, dis is d second time he is doing it... TelL me, why on earth wud a pLayer bite a felLow pLayer on d pitch.. It beats Me
how cum john terry racist remarks only got 4match ban?..think dude..dis is so unfair!
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by taland(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
I.Joan:
I never liked him since the day he used his hand to stop the goal for Ghana during the 2010 World Cup

Me too

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by BashToks: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
zubbainno123:

Not at all.........but i think u can not compare what he did to some tackles that can ends a players career.

The British press and some Chelsea fans just blew the whole thing out of proportion, thus earning the guy this long ban.

Listen man, its not about the physical damage caused. Why would you condone biting in football?? Tackles are expected in football some bad and some clean but biting?? C'mon man
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by bokohalal(m): 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
Will take a bite over a career-ending tackle anyday. It is glaring that the FA hates LFC.

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Boyoorisha: 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
Now, soccer fans are politicizing this; some are saying FA does not want suarez to win the golden boot. Why did he bite Ivanovich in the first place? If it were to be in Nigeria, I would say his village people are at work grin
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by drberry(m): 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
LIVERPOOL...YOU WILL NEVER BITE ALONE[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#990000][/color] grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by BashToks: 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
pompori king: Its typical of the FA to always try to show the world they are doing their job.rooney got sent off against montenegro for kicking a player,but the hypocrites decided to appeal it.Mcmanaman horror tackle on haidara got nothing aguero on luiz the same.only when suarez commits an offence the FA would make him a scape goat.Bunch of spineless cowards

See its like this.. Kicking and bad tackles have been around from time immemorial. There are things that have to be frowned upon completely like punching, slapping and dare I say biting.
Stop trying to vindicate Suarez. In my opinion the bans aren't enough cos they aren't working.

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Chimerase(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
Lwkmd de guy been wn dribble ivanovic him see say e no work, him cm flex am rabbis gringrin
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by mallorca(m): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
ItsModella:

sorry, I just couldn't help it grin grin grin grin grin

***fall down from chair laughing**
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Johnnyhoo(m): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
feelamong: Why should they ban him for 10 games?

Why why why??

Is the bite worse that a rough tackle that could end a player's playing career??

The English FA is just Stup/d

suarez suck ur blood
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Deiok(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
yes!!!! . Even that 10 match ban is not even a enough cause suarez is a very dirty footballer. He has done alot of disgracefull act in football. Even after he was previously given six match ban.

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by omodapson(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
The whole thing is just preposterous.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Chimerase(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
Him see rabbit teeth him no run, na ivanovic fault jawe gringrin
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by samilo88(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
feelamong: Why should they ban him for 10 games?

Why why why??

Is the bite worse that a rough tackle that could end a player's playing career??

The English FA is just Stup/d
Mugu go sleep..Even Suarez knows he deserves it. Check d records it isn't d first time he's guilty of such act.

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by samilo88(m): 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
Suarez probably wanted a taste of champions league glory.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Sezua(m): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
BashToks:

Listen man, its not about the physical damage caused. Why would you condone biting in football?? Tackles are expected in football some bad and some clean but biting?? C'mon man
wat of terry's racist remark?..is dt also expected?...cos dt only gt 4 match ban!
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
I never liked this dude, and he always prove me right.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by feelamong(m): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
samilo88:
Mugu go sleep..Even Suarez knows he deserves it. Check d records it isn't d first time he's guilty of such act.

So Suarez call you or abi him ping u say him deserve am abi? Ewu Gambia!

So How many match ban was given to Ben Thatcher that elbowed Pedro Mendez and knocked him unconcious?

How many match ban was given to Cantona for that Flying kung fu kick to a spectator?
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by freenature: 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
Guys please reason before commenting... the ban given him is just too much or have you all forgotten or maybe some of you all are just watching EPL not later than 5years? This same offence is what Jarmaine Defoe commited 2005 - 2006 season when he bit Javier Mascherano against Westham United and what did the so called English FA did nothing he was left alone because the ref did not see the offence and the same is the case of Suarez and Ivanovic... so why are you all opening your mouth without reasoning.. get facts and reason before talking. I am not saying what he has done is right but at the same time lets all comment and say the right and just thing with a sense of reasoning not just out of sentiments

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Bournemouth (3 - 0) On 26th December 2016 / Chelsea Vs Sporting Lisbon : UCL (3 - 1) On 10th December 2014 / BATE Borisov Vs Arsenal: Europa League (1 - 0) On 14th February 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.