Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Things Which Strengthen The Marriage: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Which Strengthen The Marriage: (579 Views)

End of story. / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things Which Strengthen The Marriage: by tunde1200(m): 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
1) Good Attitude - A Muslim must always have a positive attitude toward life. We say, "Al Hamdulillah" (Praise be to Allah) for whatever He gives us (or doesn't give us).

2) Help - Our prophet, peace be upon him, stressed the importance of men helping their wives and Allah tells us the importance of women being mates and helpers to their husbands. This is a real "win-win" situation, if we just follow it.

3) Trust - Muslims, men and women are ordered to be trustworthy and follow the example of our prophet, peace be upon him, as the "Trustworthy".

4) Respect - You get respect, when you give respect. This is mandatory for all Muslims toward all people, how much more toward the spouse?

5) Joy - Our prophet, peace be upon him, used to entertain his wife, Ayesha and she used to play and race with him. She said, "I used to out-run him, but then when I got heavy he used to outrun me". He told us to play with our wives.

6) Forgiveness - Clearly, this is one of the most important aspects of Islam. Whoever does not forgive - will not be forgiven. This comes from Allah, Himself. We must learn to forgive each other's mistakes so we won't it against us.

7) Time - Spend time, alone - together. Go for walks. Take a bus ride. Visit a friend or someone who is ill (you get big rewards for that). Fast together on Mondays & Thursdays if you can. Make hajj - this is a great way to get a "new start" on life. Trust me.

cool Worship - connection with Allah through ritual of prayer, petition and peace while moving together in the salat is something a non-Muslim can never really appreciate. Our prophet, peace be upon him, used to lead his wife in salat, even though he lived connected to the mosque. He told us not to make our homes like grave yards. We should offer some of our sunnah prayers at home. A sister gains the most rewards at home, in her room, behind a screen. — with Yasir Sheikh and Hina Yasir

(1) (Reply)

Police Uncover 78-year-old Woman’s Corpse In Son’s Shrine Cupboard / FAMILY BATTLE: Man Tries To Stab Father; Father Shoots Son / Seven BASIC Secrets To Happy Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.