Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria (5357 Views)

Free 100mb On Airtel / Skype Registration And Download, Skype Sign Up Www.skype.com / Why You Need To Use Skype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by Lordemma(m): 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
If you are using Airtel to browse on your PC. Laptop, e.t.c , you will observe that recently, you can’t use Skype on Airtel network. The fact is Skype won’t connect and even if it eventually connect, it takes the grace of God to be stable so must persons conclude that their network is too slow. Research shows that the restriction is not only for Nigerians rather, it’s a general problem on all countries where Airtel act as an ISP. Thou I’m actually using Airtel blackberry subscription plans to browse on my laptop.

Skype, a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application, lets you make free calls on the Internet to other Skype users. Skype also offers cheap rates on calls made to cell phones and landlines worldwide. Must persons like myself use Skype for business chat and I can’t afford to stay off Skype for a week but since the Skype stop working on Airtel Nigeria network , I had to find a solution to it and granted I was successful.
How to Log into Skype on Airtel Nigeria network.

In order to achieve this, we need a third party application https://www.your-freedom.net/index.php?id=downloads. Please download and install Your-Freedom here after which, follow the pictures below.

Configuring Skype to use Your-Freedom

Now that we have successfully downloaded, installed and set up Your freedom, next we need to configure Skype to use it.

Please follow this screen shoots below.

Having gotten to this point, now all you have to do is restart Skype and you are good to know.

Please note: Always remember to connect Your-freedom before opening Skype.

If you find this post useful, don’t fail to share with friends because sharing they say is caring

Article source

http://lordemma.com/2013/04/how-to-use-skype-on-airtel-nigeria-network/

You can read more interesting articles @ http://lordemma.com
Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by ichommy(m): 10:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Great post @ Op, mods front page pls

1 Like

Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 25, 2013
On top say person wan Skype.. Noffin beats my Viber!!! Unlimited calls
Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by neowelsh(m): 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
Has any tried it yet?
Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by Lordemma(m): 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
neo_welsh: Has any tried it yet?

I tried it and confirm working before posting here so it's working 100% you can give it a try yourself
Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by joxec2: 8:38am On Apr 28, 2013
for ur mtn magic sim data browse unlimited add me on whatapp or 2go 07062316865. Still hot and working fine, mtn cannot stop us.
Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by Dynamiq(m): 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
Another solution is that you should switch on Ultrasurf or Tunnelbear on your system and your Skype will automatically be on. This is what I do and without any hassles so my Skype works ALL the time. Tunnelbear has an additional advantage in that it gives you free 500 mb every month and when you use it with your normal data bundle, it has a way of reducing your data cost by approximately half.
Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by ZEALMAN(m): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
AIRTEL UNLIMITED GIGABYTES NOW. ROCKS

CHECK MA. DP BELOW. THis just to show U̶̲̥̅̊ my current gigs U̶̲̥̅̊ can have as many gigs as U̶̲̥̅̊ can

U̶̲̥̅̊ can mail M̶̲̅ε̲̣ on. Neszeal@gmaIl.com

Or bbm- 2921A736

Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by tvreporter: 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
If u want to use airtel to skype you should first know what's skype is http://www.techcules.com/www-skype-com-download-skype-app/
Re: How To Use Skype On Airtel Nigeria by tvreporter: 9:21am On Mar 17, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Super Gro Magic Fertilizer The Wonder Drop / How To Set Up Gmail 2-step Verification Account For Nigerians. / Amazon Fire Tv Stick. Does/can It Work In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.