Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (261787 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by afrodoc2: 12:02pm On May 09, 2017
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by ainatemitayo(m): 5:42pm On May 14, 2017
Tips for Picking a Venue in Nigeria

You’ve narrowed down your wedding venues, but how do you make the final call? Go SEE them (and if you can’t, set up a video call to view them! Heck, Data is Cheap now ). A site visit is a sure way for you to determine if you can envision your wedding there, and you’ll be able to see first hand the room configurations.

HERE ARE THE TEN QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE SIGNING ON THE DOTTED LINE:
1. Capacity
How many people can fit and are allowed to fit in the venue – does it fit with your invite list and budget?

2. Bathrooms
How many? If there are only 2 and you are planning a large wedding you either need to move to the next venue or if your heart is set there, think of alternative options like luxury mobile restrooms or you can get the cheaper ones (DMT mobile toilet) if you are on a budget. These aren’t as bad as they sound.

3. Catering
Do they require the use of their catering (most hotels will do this) or do you have the flexibility to pick your own caterer and/or your own menu? Hotels are notorious “menu set” in that you only can pick from their options, which limits you on bringing your personality to the table.

4. Furniture
Does the venue provide furniture (i.e. tables, chairs, linens, glassware)? If not, this will fall on the caterer and could cost more.

5. Staff
What support staff do they provide, if any? If a hotel, expect that they will. If it is a raw venue they’ll probably just provide one representative onsite and maybe security – the rest is up to you. If you don’t have a dedicated planner, consider hiring an outside day-of planner to help everything run smoothly.

6. Staff attire
What does the staff wear? If you have a theme for the event, you may want to ask to add something to that attire.

7. Parking
Where will your guest's park? And can you comp or host the valet that evening for your guests if there is only paid parking (read: cities).

8. Ceremony
If you want the ceremony held at the venue, can the venue accommodate the request? Is this something they have done previously?

9. Sunlight
If your ceremony or reception is during daylight hours, where does the sunlight hit the room? Try to visit the venue during a similar time – we’ve been to weddings where this wasn’t considered and you couldn’t even see the bride and groom during the wedding

10. Referrals
Always ask for a couple referrals and talk to them, they’ll help you understand any challenges that they might have had and any pitfalls worth considering now

For more informative posts like this Visit https://blog.spacebook.ng/ or if you need a venue for your event Visit https://spacebook.ng/

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by EventPlannerNg: 7:50pm On May 17, 2017
Hey Guys,

Check out this video on how you can plan a fairy tale wedding with a little budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5N98p4F720

Thank me later.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by researcher16: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2017
Any brides needing advice? Please ask.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Exquisite14(f): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
For beautiful n trendy wedding gowns (fitted, ball , a-line wedding gowns ) , pls visit this

:https://www.nairaland.com/3905444/wedding-gowns-2017-2018-brides
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by solid3(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nairalanders I am in desperate need of your suggestions for wedding souvenirs. I am planning my wedding on a low budget and I don't have the slightest clue on what to use as souvenirs for my guests. I want something that is not expensive, simple and erm... undecided classy. My budget for souvenirs is 40k for 250 guests.Please help me with your nice suggestions and advice. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.