Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:04 AM

I Am Hearing You/ I Can Hear You.which Is More Correct? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Hearing You/ I Can Hear You.which Is More Correct? (11856 Views)

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / "Letter For Application" Or "Letter Of Application" Which Is More Correct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Hearing You/ I Can Hear You.which Is More Correct? by blessedmayor(m): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2013
your thoughts. Plz

1 Like

Re: I Am Hearing You/ I Can Hear You.which Is More Correct? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
I can hear you is the correct sentence

Few other words you should note ..
Feel nothing like i'm feeling you it's I feel you
see only when used in other context like seeing a doctor or dating someone

Goodluck
Re: I Am Hearing You/ I Can Hear You.which Is More Correct? by victormini(m): 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
The correct form is I can hear you. Note dat some verbs do not take ing.
FOR EXAMPLE.
a. verbs relating to feelings: love, hate, like, adore,detest e.t.c
b. verbs relating to brain action: know, understand, agree, doubt, see e.t.c
c. verbs not classified: possess, resemble, seem, need e.t.c
It is therefore grammatically wrong to say, 'speak on, I am believing you' or I am hearing you, speak on.
Simply say: I can hear you, speak on.
I am seeing you for the second time.(is wrong).
This is the second time I have seen you. (correct).

Am I clear?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Hearing You/ I Can Hear You.which Is More Correct? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2018
Can you hear me? for a simple inquiry about volume and clarity.
Are you hearing me? for 'Are you paying attention to my (relatively lengthy and rather irate) message?'

2018 cont..
Re: I Am Hearing You/ I Can Hear You.which Is More Correct? by Whizpel: 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
"I cant hear you" can be used in a continuous form, there is nothing wrong with it.

(1) (Reply)

UTME 2017: Private University Is Optional - JAMB / Keren Chigozie-nnah Wins Nigeria Spelling Bee! / The Book Nigerian Students Have Been Reading From Colonial Times Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.