Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules (15201 Views)

The 6 Months Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules & Prize / List Of 5 Oils For Hair Growth / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Tonkabelle: 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
Hey everyone,

I am doing a hair growth challenge on my blog to encourage every one to grow out their hair. Here are some of the rules:

1. Start the challenge with a trim, the amount of hair you choose to trim off depends on you. After that keep trimming at the barest minimum, avoid it if possible; if you must trim then dusting of the hair is preferable. Dusting is where such a small amount of hair is trimmed that it falls through the air like dust. (I will be sure to do a future post on dusting and trimming)
2. Wash and condition your hair every one or two weeks.
3. Do a pre-shampoo or hot oil treatment before washing and conditioning your hair (optional)
4. Moisturise and seal your hair daily. (or every other day if this suits you better)
5. Oil your scalp every other day with an oil of your choice such as Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil and so on. You can incorporate a mini massage to ensure that your hair follicles are well stimulated.

For the rest of the rules and how to take part, please visit my blog http://wurassecrethair..com/2013/04/the-birthday-hair-growth-challenge.html

Hope you all enjoy the challenge.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by rofemiguwa(f): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2013
I went to ur blog but I cudnt Comment cause the box wasn't opening,maybe cause am using a mobile.I have a very coarse hair texcture and it doesn't grow beyond my neck.I wud luv to participate but how do I do that when Am always on weave or braids.I can't carry my natural hair more dan oneday.cause its short n I can't pack it properly.I change hairstyles everymonth and I relax my hai every 3months.please how can I apply this principle to my situation.awaiting ur reply.thanks

1 Like

Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Tonkabelle: 1:38am On Apr 28, 2013
If you are using your phone, you can still comment just go to the end of the post where you will see a white box this is where you can post your comment. The box says "enter comment here". You can definitely participate even though you are always on braids or a weave please look at rule 6 again which says you can do longer term protective styles such as weaves, braids. Just be sure to take them down latest after three weeks - a month to wash/condition. Moisturise/seal and oil the scalp as often as you can with these styles - if your hair is in a weave try to go under the tracks). The rest of the rules will apply to your hair as long as you minimize heat, try your best to moisturise and seal, wash and condition your hair when it out of the braids/weave, oil your scalp and so on. Please try to comment again, thanks.

1 Like

Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by kandiikane(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2013
Ohh I want to join, I'm adamant to let my hair grow this time round without shaving it.
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Tonkabelle: 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
kandiikane: Ohh I want to join, I'm adamant to let my hair grow this time round without shaving it.

Please join in simply leave a comment, the other stuff are stated on the post. Looking forward to your wonderful results, you hair will definitely grow just follow the rules and care for it.
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Tonkabelle: 9:53am On Apr 29, 2013
Hey everyone there is still time to join the challenge oh, please join for hair health and growth.
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by rofemiguwa(f): 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Tonk I try still not able to comment.it will hihlight but wat am typing doesn't show.meanwhile was reading odr articles on ur blog,such as hotoil treatment.deepconditoning.pleases kindly help me with where to get these oils.I have check the market,shops yet I can't find dem.I only find hair cream made with dose oils such as emily millonaire.indian hemp
Also cos of my hair length and nature as I stated before I only carry my hair oneday.meaning I can only wash it and do d hotoil tretment or Deepconditoning in jus one day.before my next weave is back on.don't knw how that affects my challenge.also please recomend a gud hairconditioner I shud use.I use d salon ones but I use clear head and shoulders shampoo antidandruff.then the emily millionaire haircream.please help me grow my hair.I love natural hair.will really love to rock my natural hair witout looking like my grAndma.thanks luv and God bless
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Tonkabelle: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
rofemiguwa: Tonk I try still not able to comment.it will hihlight but wat am typing doesn't show.meanwhile was reading odr articles on ur blog,such as hotoil treatment.deepconditoning.pleases kindly help me with where to get these oils.I have check the market,shops yet I can't find dem.I only find hair cream made with dose oils such as emily millonaire.indian hemp
Also cos of my hair length and nature as I stated before I only carry my hair oneday.meaning I can only wash it and do d hotoil tretment or Deepconditoning in jus one day.before my next weave is back on.don't knw how that affects my challenge.also please recomend a gud hairconditioner I shud use.I use d salon ones but I use clear head and shoulders shampoo antidandruff.then the emily millionaire haircream.please help me grow my hair.I love natural hair.will really love to rock my natural hair witout looking like my grAndma.thanks luv and God bless

Please dear try to comment again, are you viewing it from your computer or phone? The oils are available everywhere with the most available being olive oil - you can buy goya extra virgin olive oil from numerous places. Coconut oil can also be found if you check as well as the other oils. It does not matter if you only wear your hair out on one day before fixing again as long as you care for it properly and stick to the rules. Doing this will not affect the challenge in any way. For good conditioners that are easily accessible you can try the organic root stimulator replenishing conditioner I did a review of it on my site. You can definitely grow your hair and rock your natural hair it just takes care and patience.
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by rofemiguwa(f): 2:02pm On May 01, 2013
Tonks I sent u a mail.hope you saw it.please reply.thanks
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by dagentility(f): 9:28pm On May 01, 2013
@op,nice thread but why u no post d remaining details 4 here na.
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by amanatulah(f): 6:36am On May 02, 2013
Hello OP pls is pre-shampoo same with steaming the hair?
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Doc2b: 5:27pm On May 05, 2013
nyc thrt ,op can i do exctly d opst of rule 1 nd stl join d chlng bc my hair is unevn nd wld like 2 grw m hair 2 a reasonable lengh b4 trimming
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Tonkabelle: 4:58pm On May 06, 2013
rofemiguwa: Tonks I sent u a mail.hope you saw it.please reply.thanks

Hey dear I saw your email oh will reply asap.
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Tonkabelle: 5:06pm On May 06, 2013
amanatulah: Hello OP pls is pre-shampoo same with steaming the hair?

No dear pre shampoo is not the same as steaming although they are similar. The major difference even though the treatments themselves are more or less the same is that pre shampoo treatments are done before shampooing the hair while steaming is done after shampooing to condition the hair, you can apply both methods and benefit greatly. Hope I have been able to help you can join in the challenge this will help you. The simplest requirement is for you to leave comment on that post so I will know you are taking part if you want to win the prize please check the post for more details.
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by Tonkabelle: 5:09pm On May 06, 2013
Doc2b: nyc thrt ,op can i do exctly d opst of rule 1 nd stl join d chlng bc my hair is unevn nd wld like 2 grw m hair 2 a reasonable lengh b4 trimming

No problem dear if you really don't want to trim your hair I understand, please leave a comment on my post to join in the challenge just state that you will not be cutting your hair, if you want to win the prize you have to leave a comment and like our fb page. Thanks smiley
Re: 6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules by jbblues24(m): 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
Leading the way mate. sad

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Hair Longer / Checkout My Newly Arrived Bales Of Designer BAGS & SHOES Pix' Bales &pcs@wholesa / Akindele Justina Temitayo Wins Miss Ekiti 2019 Pageant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.