Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (81054 Views)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / How To Make Your Relaxed Hair Grow Longer And Fuller. / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
My hair was breaking and my front hair is thinning so ive started doing protein treatments, washing ny hair and keeping it moist. My hair has grown so much since then. There are many hair challenges online so lets do one for relaxed ladies. If you're interested would you prefer 3 , 4 or 6 months relaxer stretch so i can design the rules for healthy hair.

NO RELAXER/PERM during the hair stretch period. The standard time for perms is 6-8 weeks but lets stretch it to thicken our hair.

i will be using the following products - ORS Shampoo, ORS moisturing conditioner, ORS Protein pak, coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil. pls recommend any oilsthat you use and describe your hair regimen to help others.
State your hair type - I'm a 3c
Hair length: Above neck

Ladies you're welcome if you have any questions concerning hair or haircare products.

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Ovems(f): 1:02am On Feb 26, 2013
i'm in. I'm currently 9wks post, and was actually tinkin abt stretchin my relaxer. I'd love 2 stretch for 6months, bt scared of severe breakage. I'l be in cornrows most of the time to avoid breakage and wear a wig, out. Wil come back with my regimen.

2 Likes

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Ovems: i'm in. I'm currently 9wks post, and was actually tinkin abt stretchin my relaxer. I'd love 2 stretch for 6months, bt scared of severe breakage. I'l be in cornrows most of the time to avoid breakage and wear a wig, out. Wil come back with my regimen.

Thanks for joining me. I'm just 4 wks post & just like you im scared of 6 mnths stretch. I think we should start at 3-4months. I will also buy some quick weaves for this period.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 6:57am On Feb 26, 2013
Up for the challenge.

My hair is past shoulder length, very coarse yaki-like texture (4c) and very black (color 1). I have good hair grin
I'm about 3 months post relaxer and did a 6 months stretch sometime last year. Now that's one horrible experience that I will NEVER repeat. I think 3 months stretch is perfect for starters anyways. I wear my hair in a ponytail with edge control and wear half wigs as well.

My regimen:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil mixed with Organic Coconut Oil (for scalp),
Wash hair every sunday night with Elasta QP Creme conditioning Shampoo,
Aphogee 2min reconstructor (with shower cap for 5 minutes),
Moisturing Conditioner + Raw Honey + Egg yolk + coconut Oil (leave in for 45 minutes then wash)
No heat ... No blowdryers I use the T-shirt method
Neutrogena leave-in creme or Wave Nouveau Moisturizing lotion for everyday use.

Shikena ... My hair has been growing like a weed. I may upload pictures since I started all over in 2011... if I find a way to hide my face. grin

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by tjskii(f): 11:58am On Feb 27, 2013
Yikes u guys are trying o,I relax my hair evry month,can't stand d pain of combing it if I don't do that,hair is overfull and below d shoulders
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by teetee2(f): 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
All my front hairs have been removed either is natural or not, is there anything to use to grow them.I have been keeping my hair natural for the past three months due to damaging and breakage still there is still breakage when comb it. Pls tell me wot to do to make it grow i wish to keep my hair natural without fixing. thanks
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 04, 2013
tjskii: Yikes u guys are trying o,I relax my hair evry month,can't stand d pain of combing it if I don't do that,hair is overfull and below d shoulders

Dont relax your hair every month pls ure destroying your hair. how thick is your hair? if u stay away from relaxing for some months ur hair becomes easier to manage.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 04, 2013
teetee2: All my front hairs have been removed either is natural or not, is there anything to use to grow them.I have been keeping my hair natural for the past three months due to damaging and breakage still there is still breakage when comb it. Pls tell me wot to do to make it grow i wish to keep my hair natural without fixing. thanks

are u braiding your hair in conrows or weavon with glue? what products are u currently using?
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by bayahadafada: 2:48am On Mar 04, 2013
BagLova: My hair is breaking and my edges are thinning so ive started doing protein treatments, washing my hair once a week and moisturing my ends. My hair has grown so much since then. There are many hair challenges online so lets do one for relaxed ladies. If you're interested would you prefer 3 , 4 or 6 moths relaxer stretch so i can design the rules for healthy hair.

NO RELAXER/PERM during the hair stretch period.

i will be using the following products - ORS Shampoo, ORS moisturing conditioner, ORS Protein pak, coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil. pls recommend any oilsthat you use and describe your hair regimen to help others.
State your hair type - I'm a 3c
Hair length: Above neck - very short

Ladies you're welcome if you have any questions concerning hair so haircare products.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
Most times you see Nigerian ladies with no edges, hairlines starting at the middle of their hair and baldness just because they refused to take care. We are busy spending money on expensive weaves to hide the mess that is underneath. Weaves are good, but how long will you keep looking bald? * I still love me some Malaysian Virgin Yaki though, smiley but can also do without.

2 Likes

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
teetee2: All my front hairs have been removed either is natural or not, is there anything to use to grow them.I have been keeping my hair natural for the past three months due to damaging and breakage still there is still breakage when comb it. Pls tell me wot to do to make it grow i wish to keep my hair natural without fixing. thanks

Your hair is breaking because its dry and brittle. You need to moisturize your hair daily with a good moisturizing lotion and oil your ends, if you like.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 3:49am On Mar 05, 2013
Yvete: Dear Thread-derailer,
Please do not advertise virgin hair weaves on a thread that promotes good maintenance of our natural /permed hair.

Most times you see Nigerian ladies with no edges, hairlines starting at the middle of their hair and baldness just because they refused to take care. We are busy spending money on expensive weaveS to hide the mess that's underneath. Weaves are good, but how long will you keep looking bald? * I still love me some Malaysian Virgin Yaki though, smiley but can also do without them.

I wonder for the woman abeg. As if she did not see the topic. Women with no front hair drives me crazy. Instead of them to chill from weave ons, bonding glue and tight hair styles. Thats what ive started doing and im seeing results.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by victoriousvic1: 10:19am On Mar 05, 2013
pls, i dnt undstnd dis post 3 or 4mnth, i've bn kping virgin hair & dnt wnt to perm it. Cn som1 tell me hw 2 take care of it, or can i use dis method?

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:59am On Mar 05, 2013
victorious vic: pls, i dnt undstnd dis post 3 or 4mnth, i've bn kping virgin hair & dnt wnt to perm it. Cn som1 tell me hw 2 take care of it, or can i use dis method?

Victorious vic, kindly visit this thread; it has all the information you need to care for natural hair: https://www.nairaland.com/321273/all-au-natural
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by teetee2(f): 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Thnks Baglova and Yvete, im currently carrying my natural hair and using wig to avoid breakage. I need what to apply to the front to allow it grow quickly. thank
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 12:24am On Mar 10, 2013
teetee2: Thnks Baglova and Yvete, im currently carrying my natural hair and using wig to avoid breakage. I need what to apply to the front to allow it grow quickly. thank

Moisture, moisture, moisture!
I also massage my scalp at night with oils (careful though cos' excess will run down your face).
Avoid manipulation on your edges (tight weaves, bonding, braids).
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by CNN80: 10:38am On Mar 12, 2013

Let me admit that I have virtually no beauty regiment I follow. That said, speaking from what I and my sister experienced, cut your hair as low as you feel comfortable with. No relaxing for 6 months, let your natural hair grow. As it does, start weaving it. You might think that is local but that's what I do to my hair and I have no issues with it. When combing, do it gently. A little oil, even vaseline, will help. Have patience and you should see better hair by the end of the year.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Playgal(f): 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
My hair is ssooooooo scanty, and breaks. Is also hard to relax. The nape of my hair is sooooo scanty. all my fron hair has cut. i cant even expose my hair again. I am so worried about my fron hair and growing a healthy hair. I hardly steam my hair or treat it. Am so tired.
Any help!!!!!!
cry
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Playgal: My hair is ssooooooo scanty, and breaks. Is also hard to relax. The nape of my hair is sooooo scanty. all my fron hair has cut. i cant even expose my hair again. I am so worried about my fron hair and growing a healthy hair. I hardly steam my hair or treat it. Am so tired.
Any help!!!!!!
cry

Guurrl, don't get tired! Its your hair. You don't necessarily have to do the big chop, but you can stretch for like 3-6 months. What products do you use? If you would like to thicken your hair or grow edges, you need a relaxer stretch with everyday moisture and weekly co-washes (deep condition). If you must stretch, you need PROTEIN TREATMENTS @ least bi-weekly to stop breakage.

Whenever you decide to get a perm,
(1) Don't comb your hair with relaxer on - rub in only
(2) Don't leave-in the relaxer for too long (do a blow out or texturize)
(3) While stretching, stay away from combs. Finger comb only or use wide-tooth combs.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by sashaa(f): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
subscribing..

Am currently on a 4months stretch, 3months post right now. But havnt being doing any treats like d protein thing the OP mentioned. I need recommendations for good and very affordable products to use.
my hair length is above shoulder. light coarse n weak.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
sashaa: subscribing..

Am currently on a 4months stretch, 3months post right now. But havnt being doing any treats like d protein thing the OP mentioned. I need recommendations for good and very affordable products to use.
my hair length is above shoulder. light coarse n weak.

Dont stretch without protein treatments especially if your hair is weak. I use one sachet of ORS Protein pak for 45 mins or Queen Helene's cholesterol for 45 mins as well. Queen Helene's cholesterol is cheaper. How is your hair faring?
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Playgal: My hair is ssooooooo scanty, and breaks. Is also hard to relax. The nape of my hair is sooooo scanty. all my fron hair has cut. i cant even expose my hair again. I am so worried about my fron hair and growing a healthy hair. I hardly steam my hair or treat it. Am so tired.
Any help!!!!!!
cry

If your hair is scanty, that means its being overprocessed. Stay away from relaxer, flat irons and blow dryer and stretch for abt 3 months.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ovems: i'm in. I'm currently 9wks post, and was actually tinkin abt stretchin my relaxer. I'd love 2 stretch for 6months, bt scared of severe breakage. I'l be in cornrows most of the time to avoid breakage and wear a wig, out. Wil come back with my regimen.

Very Wise, You Should Stretch It.

Many Women Over Perm Their Hairz.

My Advice Is Perm ya Hair no more than Once Every 21 months.

Keeping your Hair in Braids and Cornrows Definitely Prevents Breakage

#RoyalInTheShopWithThaLadies
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by sashaa(f): 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
BagLova:

Dont stretch without protein treatments especially if your hair is weak. I use one sachet of ORS Protein pak for 45 mins or Queen Helene's cholesterol for 45 mins as well. Queen Helene's cholesterol is cheaper. How is your hair faring?
thanx for the tip, noted.
my hair is longer and stronger since i started doing the stretches but still breaks. Please, can u post a pic of the ORS protein pack?
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 15, 2013
sashaa: thanx for the tip, noted.
my hair is longer and stronger since i started doing the stretches but still breaks. Please, can u post a pic of the ORS protein pack?

leave it on ur hair for 45mins with a shower cap or plastic bag on your head. Any of these two is very good for hair breakage.

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Mamacita007(f): 8:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
I'm joining.... right now i dyed my hair almost like blonde gold colour. Do i need to wash it out first? my hair is not really long like that but the length is fine.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by kpolli(m): 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Mamacita007: I'm joining.... right now i dyed my hair almost like blonde gold colour. Do i need to wash it out first? my hair is not really long like that but the length is fine.

Young lady, is that what you used the money I sent for soup to do?

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Ovems(f): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
I'v bin in cornrows for a while nw. I cowash and dc while stil in it, also do a protein treatment wit duotex protein condish. My hair tangled like sometin else wen i removed d braid to rebraid on monday, plus my dear sis used force wile combing 2 remove d tangles, my hair broke and i was'nt hapi, i'm aproachin bsl, nid no setback. Lesson learnt, no more keepin cornrows in for more than a week.
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by bedivine: 10:20am On Mar 21, 2013
Ladies I went natural for a whole year because I wanted to give some life back to my hair. I only just relaxed my hair last weekend because there was a hairstyle I'd been dying to do. But here's a recipe I found that works on virgin afro hair or permed hair. What it does is really moisturise your hair so it feels really soft and easy to manage. If you've got permed hair the treatment will help you stretch out your relaxing time. The best part is all the ingredients used are edible and you can get everything from your kitchen. You can google caramel treatment for more information or any1 in abuja needing help can connect with me on beautydivine.ng@gmail.com

Best of luck ladies

1 Like

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Yvete(f): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ovems: I'v bin in cornrows for a while nw. I cowash and dc while stil in it, also do a protein treatment wit duotex protein condish. My hair tangled like sometin else wen i removed d braid to rebraid on monday, plus my dear sis used force wile combing 2 remove d tangles, my hair broke and i was'nt hapi, i'm aproachin bsl, nid no setback. Lesson learnt, no more keepin cornrows in for more than a week.

Naaa.. The conrow is not the issue. Did you do a protein treatment while your hair is in cornrows? Direct PC application is too thick for conrows so it will break badly because your hair is already a matted mess underneath. If you must, get a bottle and mix 50% water + 50% protein conditioner, then use it on your cornrows. Any PC with cholesterol is preferable. I use Silk Proteins Mega Cholesterol.

Please get a detangling spray. You cannot stretch without it. DO NOT USE COMBS. FINGER COMB through the detangler until your hair it soft and fully detangled before you use a wide-tooth comb. Pay attention to the line-of-demarcation from the new growth to the old growth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by tjskii(f): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
BagLova:

Dont relax your hair every month pls ure destroying your hair. how thick is your hair? if u stay away from relaxing for some months ur hair becomes easier to manage.

Ah relaxer is d only thing helping me survive my hair,I can't stand d pain of weaving or braiding,I'm always on weavon,even to plait d hair for d weavon is war on its own,iv cut d hair off several times,but it seems it grows back in full force,I'm sure ther must be smthn I can use to mke d hair softer and more manageabl,pls recomend smthn for me,oh and if u kno anything that wud work for a 1yr old as welll,my frendz baby has d nappiest hair ever,her mum cut off her hair and d thing is growin realy strong hair,u kno d type that wen u brush it,it looks as if no comb has bin ther for wks
Re: Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Silk Proteins Mega Cholesterol.....LmL grin

My Hair is Longer with more Body than All of you's, You know why?..because i don't put half this man made trash onto the crown of my skull.

Silk Proteins Mega Cholesterol.....Hilarious. Sounds Like Rocket Fuel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Only Illiterate Can Wear This To An Event / See What This Lady Wore To The Bank That Sparked Outrage (pic, Video) / Senegambian Couture In Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.