Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

INTERVIEW: “I Used To Run Out Of The House To Watch Planes Fly” – Nigeria’s Youn - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / INTERVIEW: “I Used To Run Out Of The House To Watch Planes Fly” – Nigeria’s Youn (601 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INTERVIEW: “I Used To Run Out Of The House To Watch Planes Fly” – Nigeria’s Youn by igelomo(m): 7:23am On Apr 27, 2013
Twenty-year-old Favour Nnaemeka Odozor was penultimate Saturday in South Africa, awarded license as a commercial pilot, making him the youngest in South Africa and Nigeria commercial pilot. He speaks on his journey to becoming a pilot and what next.

Weekly Trust: How do you feel being the youngest commercial pilot in Nigeria and South Africa?
Favour Odozor: It is not a feeling out of the ordinary; it was that of a childhood dream of being a commercial pilot which finally came through and at the age of 20. That I was able to achieve this in countries advanced in aviation like Nigeria and South Africa, is equally rewarding. But I know there are many younger ones out there who do have the wherewithal to achieve this even while younger than I am now.
Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
I am, was born in Umuoma Amucha in Njaba Local Government Area of Imo State by Mr and Mrs Odozor. I attended Adimery nursery/primary Oguta, Imo state. I had my secondary education in Lagos and Enugu before proceeding to Caritas University, Enugu State where I enrolled for Computer Science and Information Technology. I deferred this in my second year to go to South Africa’s prestigious Afrika Union Aviation Academy to undergo training as a commercial pilot. This I have completed within a good time and currently licensed on a multi engine airplane with instrument rating.

READ MORE: http://flynaija.org/interview-i-used-to-run-out-of-the-house-to-watch-planes-fly-nigerias-youngest-commercial-pilot/
Re: INTERVIEW: “I Used To Run Out Of The House To Watch Planes Fly” – Nigeria’s Youn by strangest(m): 8:17am On Apr 30, 2013
thats good... keep making us proud grin
Re: INTERVIEW: “I Used To Run Out Of The House To Watch Planes Fly” – Nigeria’s Youn by lifestyle1(m): 11:03am On Apr 30, 2013
cool

(1) (Reply)

Anambra / Is It Normal For A UK Visa Application To Take More Than Three Weeks? / Studying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.