Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services (12440 Views)

Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Glo Introduces On-net 15k/sec And Off-net 20k/sec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by poshqueen(f): 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
Original gucci kicks in general,louis vuitton,hermes,bally,timbaland,latest jerseys,watches,polos ETC add dopemenwears 2807E92E

Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by Shine1177: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
All we want is low tariff and a good competitive environment. Kudos to NCC!
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by BabaAra2(m): 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
rman: MTN has the cheapest on net calls? Even three times cheaper than any other operator? Unbelievable!

NCC should have made others bring their(on net calls) down instead of compelling MTN to bring off net call charges down.

Nigeria currently have close to 18,000 base stations in total ( all operators combined), MTN has more than 7000, which around 40% (estimated). Their market dominance is no fluke.

Other operators need to roll out massively,

Telecoms services is a game of numbers, you need to continously invest and expand or you will be left behind.

I think GLO's sojourn into Ghana really slowed them down here. Otherwise MTN won't give everyone so much gap. Etisalat came so late and the constantly changes of ownership in Airtel didn't help.

Don't blame MTN, blame the others for not having a superior business strategy.

On point plus MTN doesn't do the Naija way that could get them favour from NCC.
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by matrix789: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
what NCC is saying is that MTN must increase their prices to be at par with other networks.
presently more people are porting into MTN
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
I don upgrade
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by BodyKiss(m): 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
Yungwizzzy: I dnt bliv u ppl again nor be here i read say all voice call go crash to 4k/s on april 1st. Wetin kn happn?? Abi na april fool?? If u dnt lyk mtn PORT!!,/quote]

[quote author=leks-gcfr]
It was widely reported in the media as well and not only on Nairaland but I am equally surprised just as you are that the policy only featured on the pages of the newspapers. If that's done,the issue of Mtn call-cost difference would have been a thing of the past.

Two olodos. This is how you fail exams. Nobody promised any 4k/s call rate. You guys are the types that read just the title of a thread and start carrying fake news about.
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by Panshow(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
what's much more important now is data.
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by yosmen: 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
ITbomb: Why should NCC be complaining when the 44m others still believe they are the best .
Abeg MTN continue ur charges joor

FOOL!!!
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
TO port or NOT to port...
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by ConcernMan: 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
Until Airtel, Glo and Etisalat form an APC sorry AGE, no way for them
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by smartg(m): 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
As a Nigeria, all i knw is that we have tried for all these network providers, they have milk us enough, especially this MTN. Its high time they pay back.
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by Deeldorado: 5:00am On May 01, 2013
HHI= Herfindahl-Hirshman Index
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by otokx(m): 6:39am On May 01, 2013
This whole thing sounds pretty vague.
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by asudan: 9:29am On May 01, 2013
tumababa: i check d above responses and i laugh in spanish igbo..... grin grin grin if mtn is mandated to reduce call rate simply because they av more subscribers, ASK URSELVES THESES QUESTIONS....
1.what do u think will happen to d nos of subscribers?----

2.If their call rate is obviously cheaper dan other networks, who do u think will av more ported nos on their network?---

3. what will happen to d call rate of other networks? increase or no change?......

IT'S A WIN-WIN FOR MTN!!! abi na another strategy from MTN?
well u r right. It might be blessing in disguise to mtn nigeria.
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by TechyGuy: 10:30am On May 01, 2013
By this, its a win-win for MTN. Other networks will be forced to crash their tariff if MTN does. Judging by the subscriber share, MTN still makes 2x to 4x the profit of other networks. Can these networks like Etisalat survive? They are presently not making profit, going by the books.
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by qwest(m): 11:09am On May 01, 2013
The way I understand it (I might be wrong), if MTN's on net calls are far cheaper than their off-net and they control a huge chunk of the market. People on other networks will prefer having an MTN line to enjoy the very low on-net call rates; since the majority of lines are MTN. With this, there will be little room for competition and there is a risk of monopoly. Considering the fact that with their dominance they have continued providing weaker service while maintaining the dominance; due to Nigerians having to get an MTN line in order to enjoy the lower on-net call rate. Merging the 2 rates will allow people have the choice of getting an MTN line for qualitative (service quality) not quantitative (call rate) reasons alone. Just hope other networks don't practice the same discriminatory pricing, and are allowed to get away with it.
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by famousguy01(m): 12:21pm On May 01, 2013
outrage: This is the kind of news I like to hear.
On net- #2 per min
Off net- #5 per min
Sms- 50k
grin grin

I know, I too like myself.. I just hope it wouldn't cost people their jobs or reduce the employment they offer.
On net- #2 per min
Off net- #5 per min
Sms- 50k
grin grin

I know, I too like myself.. I just hope it wouldn't cost people their jobs or reduce the employment they offer.
On net- #2 per min
Off net- #5 per min
Sms- 50k
grin grin

on point
Re: MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services by DonaldYusuf(m): 12:32pm On May 02, 2013
KrisJay: Good one NCC,pls let other parastatal that control the public sector wake up.This kind of huge profits that banks are making on nigeria is it encouraging?.How can an Organisation do business in 1 yr and make profit of N50B after paying tax.

My brother it is very encouraging. I think they've not even started making profits yet. Barclays bank of Britain declared a 2012 profit after tax (PAT)of 1.87 billion pounds; Standard bank of South Africa declared a 2012 profit of R16.15 billion rand ($1.77 billion dollars).

I hope you know these companies are public companies, hence shareholders will benefit from these increased profits...it is very good for the economy, and it will encourage investments.

Zenith bank's N100.7 billion Naira 2012 Profit after tax (PAT) and GTBank's N87.3 billion P.A.T are both very impressive, and very good for the country's economy. What would you say about Dangote cement's N151.93 billion Naira Profit after tax in 2012? These figures excite me as an entrepreneur...if these companies could make such profits in Nigeria, then it's a good thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Your Whatsapp Group More Lively / How Much Can You Pay For This Phone? / MTN Nigeria Acquires Additional 800MHZ Spectrum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.