Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,269 members, 7,957,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc (2184 Views)

Pencom To Clarify Use Of Pension For Mortgages / My Late Dad Hotel I Need Your Help And Advice / 2,100sqm Cornerpiece Plot Along Ipaja Ayobo Road Opp Ibtc (for Banks, Eatery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by Xaviers(m): 11:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hello Nlanders,

I need help on how to go about this.
I rilly wana know d procedures on what to present η how to go about it.

The death certificate Ȋs available,what's d next step.

I know there are people here to help.
Mods please FP.abeg! Thankx
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by dominique(f): 12:31am On May 01, 2013
Sorry about your dad's demise, may he RIP.
I'm not too sure how these things work. did he work there or is that the company handling his pension account? Eitherway, the next of kin would have been documented and the company is expected to contact the person.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by greatgod2012(f): 2:07am On May 01, 2013
Make google your friend.

Sorry for your loss and may he rest in perfect peace.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by Xaviers(m): 3:52am On May 01, 2013
dominique: Sorry about your dad's demise, may he RIP.
I'm not too sure how these things work. did he work there or is that the company handling his pension account? Eitherway, the next of kin would have been documented and the company is expected to contact the person.

No he worked somewhr else..Ibtc handles d companyPension aaccount.. I hv not been contaacted yet by them.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by Xaviers(m): 3:07pm On May 01, 2013
Please,don't just stare at the comments, contribute..
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by dominique(f): 4:26pm On May 01, 2013
What steps have you taken to claim the funds? Have you gone to the coy where he worked? Have you been to the bank to make enquiries about who/when pension payments are to be paid. As I said, I don't know much about these things but it shouldn't be so hard.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by legalalien(m): 6:13pm On May 02, 2013
Hey Xavier, i believe i can relate to this. As we speak, I am also assisting my very close friend who lost his father going to 3years to help get his pension payment from IBTC.
Roll on to their office in VI, i know thats were the big branch of IBTC is, dont know the street name tho. Explain to them, i bet they will tell you to open an estate account or go get letter of somefin (cant rememebr the exact word right now) from the highcourt. whatever lawyer you use would assist you in this process, let it be one you know or trust.
after this, it would take about 30days to access your fathers possesion.
this is my 14th day with my friend. actually have to raise money from the letter from the court, about 150- 180k. just round it up to 200k dat you might need to access this funds.
wish u best of luck.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 02, 2013
IBTC Pension address is Olakunle Bakare Close, Off Sanusi Fafunwa Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by dominique(f): 9:30am On May 03, 2013
Why do we make things so hard for ourselves in this country Once the claimant is confirmed dead and the next of kin verified, which one is high court again?
@xavier, take legalien's advice and go to the head office @ VI. All the best.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by usfreshen: 9:48am On May 03, 2013
dominique: Why do we make things so hard for ourselves in this country Once the claimant is confirmed dead and the next of kin verified, which one is high court again?
@xavier, take legalien's advice and go to the head office @ VI. All the best.
Oboy that's the latest oh, I lost my own dad last year, when I got to premium pension u can imaging what I was aked to go and bring (1) a letter of administration from a probate court, which will taker over a year to come because of bureaucracy. That is if your dad fails to write down a will. (2) death certificate (3) burial poster (4) letter from a pastor or imam (5) letter of intodution stating that you are the next of king from were your dad worked last (6) avidavite stating that you are the next of kin. Etc. Why all this ? The man has already put his nxt of kin why all the stress. I wonder why we pass through all this stress in nigeria.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by Xaviers(m): 12:25pm On May 04, 2013
legalalien: Hey Xavier, i believe i can relate to this. As we speak, I am also assisting my very close friend who lost his father going to 3years to help get his pension payment from IBTC.
Roll on to their office in VI, i know thats were the big branch of IBTC is, dont know the street name tho. Explain to them, i bet they will tell you to open an estate account or go get letter of somefin (cant rememebr the exact word right now) from the highcourt. whatever lawyer you use would assist you in this process, let it be one you know or trust.
after this, it would take about 30days to access your fathers possesion.
this is my 14th day with my friend. actually have to raise money from the letter from the court, about 150- 180k. just round it up to 200k dat you might need to access this funds.
wish u best of luck.

†нɑ̈ηкs for d contribution,but I don't understaand somefin.. Wud I pay 150,000 to access just d letter of administration.. Pleaase explain better, thaanks
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by dominique(f): 2:36pm On May 04, 2013
usfreshen: ..........
Oboy that's the latest oh, I lost my own dad last year, when I got to premium pension u can imaging what I was aked to go and bring (1) a letter of administration from a probate court, which will taker over a year to come because of bureaucracy. That is if your dad fails to write down a will. (2) death certificate (3) burial poster (4) letter from a pastor or imam (5) letter of intodution stating that you are the next of king from were your dad worked last (6) avidavite stating that you are the next of kin. Etc. Why all this ? The man has already put his nxt of kin why all the stress. I wonder why we pass through all this stress in nigeria.

Haba! Wetin? shocked shocked shocked
What do they need a burial for when there's a death certificate? I think this is aniother avenue these insurance coys are using to defraud people of their rights.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by usfreshen: 2:44pm On May 04, 2013
Xavier's:

†нɑ̈ηкs for d contribution,but I don't understaand somefin.. Wud I pay 150,000 to access just d letter of administration.. Pleaase explain better, thaanks
By guy do not pay any body for letter of administration oh, do pay any lawyer and don't pass through any lawyer. When I lost my dad I made that mistake and the lawyer collect 25k from me.the only thing he did was just to take me to the probabate office after filling the form the idiot left me there. It was the staff that works in the probate office that even helped me to facilitate everything and after that I still gave then another addition 10k and the man said I should not have met the lawyer in the first instance. And he advice me that in feature if I have any body that needs letter of administration from any were not to use a lawyer. That best is for them to go to any probabte court we have it all over the 36 state including the f.c.t and process it rather than passing through those so called lawyer...
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by Xaviers(m): 3:08pm On May 04, 2013
usfreshen:
By guy do not pay any body for letter of administration oh, do pay any lawyer and don't pass through any lawyer. When I lost my dad I made that mistake and the lawyer collect 25k from me.the only thing he did was just to take me to the probabate office after filling the form the idiot left me there. It was the staff that works in the probate office that even helped me to facilitate everything and after that I still gave then another addition 10k and the man said I should not have met the lawyer in the first instance. And he advice me that in feature if I have any body that needs letter of administration from any were not to use a lawyer. That best is for them to go to any probabte court we have it all over the 36 state including the f.c.t and process it rather than passing through those so called lawyer...

Thanks immensely, I' stay in lagos. Please do you know any probate court in ikeja or its environs I can easily goto? And how long did it take you to get just d letter of administration? And what other things do I need to know?.. †нɑ̈ηкs for your response
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by usfreshen: 3:47pm On May 04, 2013
Xavier's:

Thanks immensely, I' stay in lagos. Please do you know any probate court in ikeja or its environs I can easily goto? And how long did it take you to get just d letter of administration? And what other things do I need to know?.. †нɑ̈ηкs for your response
I callected mine in ikeja, and it took almost a year and half before I got it. Just go to ikeja high court or better still call me I stay around ikeja I will take u there I stay around there. 08069287720.
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by Xaviers(m): 4:25pm On May 04, 2013
usfreshen:
I callected mine in ikeja, and it took almost a year and half before I got it. Just go to ikeja high court or better still call me I stay around ikeja I will take u there I stay around there. 08069287720.

a year η half ! Wow!!!! ... I would call you soon. †нɑ̈ηкs
Re: Please How Can I Retrieve My Late Dad's Pension From Ibtc by Blessed200016: 11:45am On Jul 02, 2020
Pls anyone with an idea of what batch of death benefits (Gratuity) pencom paid last ?

It's urgent

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is Cameroon Zinc For Roofing? / Buy Your Tiger Iron Rods At Best Prices You Can Get Around Today! / A Cheap And Genuine Plot Of Land In Lagos For 900k Per Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.