Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

I Was Not Paralysed-salawa Abeni - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Not Paralysed-salawa Abeni (794 Views)

Salawa Abeni’s Son, Big Sheff, Goes Coverless On Stage Again (Photos) / Salawa Abeni Son BIG SHEFF Off His Shirt / Salawa Abeni And Nigerian Big Sheff Perform At Felabration Day 3 (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Not Paralysed-salawa Abeni by faceliftnaija(m): 4:21am On May 01, 2013
Fuji Queen Alhaja Abeni Salawa has dismissed rumours that she was battling with stroke.Although she admitted that she fell sick for some time, she is now pleased to tell her fans of her return with a new album. Find below details of her ordeal as well as her return to what she knows how to do best as reported by Akeem Lasisi of the PUNCH News papers:
As waka singer, Queen Salawa Abeni, plans to release another album, she speaks on the nature of a sickness that has kept her off the musical arena in the past few years, AKEEM LASISI reports

About four years ago when Waka Queen, Salawa Abeni, was still very sick, fuji creator, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, went to see her in her house. As soon as the woman who was in a deep pain saw him, she struggled to say, “Alhaji, am I going to die now?”

Trust Barrister. In his characteristic life-is-good inspiring candour, he tried to rekindle her hope and assured her that she still had many beautiful years ahead of her.

But just imagine how nature can play a fast game on any mortal. Today, the Barrister that was prophesying longevity into Abeni’s life is no more. The waka singer recalled this encounter in Lagos on Friday when she was narrating the difficult experience she went through in the past five years when she went from one hospital to the other, trying to get healing for a sickness that started as a general weakness of the body.

She says, “Yes, my one and only daddy Barrister! I paid a tribute to him in this album. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Dr. Barrister used to call me Omo baba e – daughter of his father. He asked me to send my house address and he came with five members of his band. He talked to me and made a strong statement, saying, Omo to maa sin Alhaji oni ku loju wa. (The child who will bury Alhaji will not die young.) It is unfortunate that he could not witness my recovery,” she says.

Enthusiastically noting that the tough days are over, she is now returning with a new album which, although she declined to give its title, can best be called ‘Testimony’, based on its contents.

She says, “I just finished work on the album. I was out of the scene for some time due to the sickness but I’m telling you that I’m fully back on stage. I just finished work on the album last week Saturday. In the album, I first sang about my sickness. People have said a lot of things like, ‘She has a stroke’, ‘She is now paralysed ‘and all sorts of things. Instead of answering them one after the other, I have decided to put everything in the album to let people know that I am a human being. It is true that I fell sick, but God has taken control. I thank God I have survived.”

But there are indications that she still needs some time to fully recuperate. According to her, during the five days she recorded the songs, she only went to the studio in the morning. The reason, according her, is that once it was afternoon, she got stressed up. She adds that she recorded with all the members of her band.

On how the ordeal started, she explains that in the first week of her sickness, she felt......

see full details on https://faceliftnaijablogspot.com
Re: I Was Not Paralysed-salawa Abeni by Tolexander: 6:21am On May 01, 2013
So this woman is alive?
Seems she once had an affair with Kollington Ayinla.

I pray she lives long and not the next person after Ogundare Foyanmu!

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / Us Doctors Create New Skull For Nigerian Baby Without Skull / Red Carpet Photos From The 2013 Teen Choice Awards In LA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.