Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? (11333 Views)

Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) / 18 Wheeler Truck Destroys A 4Runner In A Collision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Seun(m): 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2008
I learnt from a newspaper advert that I can buy the popular three wheeler for 350,000 naira. Brand new.

And I want one because:
- I don't think I can get good car that's as cheap as this.
- I just need something to ferry me around town and carry my video gadgets.

Do you think it's a ridiculous idea? Imagine going to a wedding and arriving in a motorized tricycle!

Do you think a three wheeler works for private use? I feel it's safer and more useful than a motorbike.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by kuntash: 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2008
Seun its a thing of the mind, as u know in Naija, its the fella that pulls a four-legged monster thats d dude and happening one even if the ride cant go beyond Ijebu-Ode , just this morning I was actually thinking of getting a bike thats kinda safer than the conventional Okadas. At least to reduce the lagos traffic madness. Like I said if you can ignore the ''dem say'' syndrome, you are d man.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2008
Definately more safer than a motorbike, If you feel that it is good enough to 'ferry' you around and within your spending range then go ahead with it  wink smiley Is it big enough though?  tongue
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by spikedcylinder: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2008
I laughed when i read this and i figure tons of other people will laugh too when they see you going about town in this. However, it depends on how open minded you are and how much of a thick skin you've got. I know you to be an open minded fella Seun and if anyone is going to try this, it would be you. You should know that its no chick magnet though. . .
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I laughed when i read this and i figure tons of other people will laugh too when they see you going about town in this. However, it depends on how open minded you are and how much of a thick skin you've got. I know you to be an open minded fella Seun and if anyone is going to try this, it would be you. You should know that its no chick magnet though. . .
roflmao gadget boy lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Teacher200(m): 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2008
;d
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Teacher200(m): 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2008
With what i saw on third mainland bridge yesterday i don't think keke marwa would help you. Also if it comes to free road i don't think the three wheeler can speed. Therefore the aim has been defeated.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by hafees: 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2008
3 wheeler ke? its not about the showing off thing, i can never buy it. Think about the intimidation all those danfo boys will give you, put you in the middle in tigt traffic , jump into ur front (na ur vehicle go wound pass) not to mention the big exhaust puffing trailers threatning to crush your 3 legged motor. i can hear them screaming 'were! gbe marwa kuro ni waju mi abi ofe ku ni?'
for other quiet places it might be safe but if you need to be on major roads in lagos pls dont, especially on 3rd mainland, wind fit blow am comot ontop bridge. there are good rides u can get for that amount u mentioned ask nairalanders help in ur search, besides when it really matters marwa have been known to disapoint, ever trust the Asian tech.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Seun(m): 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2008
Teacher200 is right; a three-wheeler is not good for avoiding traffic hold-ups. But then, weaving through heavy Lagos traffic with your motorcycle is liable to get you killed. So maybe that's more of an advantage?

Also, I happen to live outside Lagos. In my town bad roads are more of a problem than traffic: you can take shortcuts. For this, I need a vehicle that can navigate potholes, puddles, shallow gutters, roads with big stones, etc.

spikedcylinder is also right; it's not a chick magnet. Wait a minute, what if I paint it black? cheesy

@hafees: hmm, food for thought. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by ekorick(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2008
Have u considered your video gadgets getting soaked, snow falling rains, approaching trailers, whirlwinds. Seun you are better off as a respected hero, don't think Nairalanders would appreciate grin grin grin a dead hero.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2008
Seun:

Teacher200 is right; a three-wheeler is not good for avoiding traffic hold-ups. But then, weaving through heavy Lagos traffic with your motorcycle is liable to get you killed. So maybe that's more of an advantage?

Also, I happen to live outside Lagos. In my town bad roads are more of a problem than traffic: you can take shortcuts. For this, I need a vehicle that can navigate potholes, puddles, shallow gutters, roads with big stones, etc.

spikedcylinder is also right; it's not a chick magnet. Wait a minute, what if I paint it black? cheesy

@hafees: hmm, food for thought. Thanks for sharing.
Oh please, what will that do!? cheesy
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Name5: 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2008
Have u considered your video gadgets getting soaked, snow falling rains, approaching trailers, whirlwinds. Seun you are better off as a respected hero, don't think Nairalanders would appreciate    a dead hero.

lol , and the crazy noise from the body,

what about the heat?

You would definately turn black like hausa fish sellers just in three months  tongue
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by spikedcylinder: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2008
My imagination: Seun(Ok, i don't know what he looks like but don't try what i've come up with!) in a black three wheeler driving fast and rough through puddles on an untarred road while his laptop is blinking in beside  him, warning him about the miscreants on nairaland!!!  Goodness. . . .
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by babakura(m): 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2008
Guy I go advise may u buy starlet or buy all those mazda wey dem use do transport for ogun state since u dey that side

350,000 should be enough to get a small car for ur runs
Cheers
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2008
ibkaye:

Oh please, what will that do!?  cheesy

it will make it nightkeke grin (remember kit?)

unless you can love-vendor it out (
to protect you from rain,
to protect you from direct tout/police/lastma/area boy assess ( one of the best things about air conditioning and central locking, and provide security)
to provide security- what do you do with anything you're carrying - it has no boot.

most importanatly, the vehicle will be strictly utilitarian-
as far as i know u can't install an mp3 player and speakers on it - and you can't take chicks out on dates with em- at least not naija chicks- unless the media suddenly decides that three wheelers are cool.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2008
oyb:

it will make it nightkeke grin (remember kit?)

unless you can love-vendor it out (
to protect you from rain,
to protect you from direct tout/police/lastma/area boy assess ( one of the best things about air conditioning and central locking, and provide security)
to provide security- what do you do with anything you're carrying - it has no boot.

most importanatly, the vehicle will be strictly utilitarian-
as far as i know u can't install an mp3 player and speakers on it - and you can't take chicks out on dates with em- at least not naija chicks- unless the media suddenly decides that three wheelers are cool.
Lmao, indeed, when elephants start flying
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2008
dont count on that - remember the pepsi truck/puff daddy ad? grin
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2008
oyb:

don't count on that - remember the pepsi truck/puff daddy ad? grin
Hehehe sure do grin
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2008
Seun, there are cars on nairaland being advertised @ 350K

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-126476.0.html
Just invest another 100K to fixing her up and you will be rollin'  cool
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by TheSly: 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2008
Plsssssss do not digress the topic with your love poems! cool

----->Topic
Ermmmmmm. . . . i don't think it would be ok! smiley
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by SENATORJD(m): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2008
keke marwa? hahahahahah. agbero for lag go just dey move ur laptop and lunch pack and phone and anything moveable for ur ride for free

just buy a golf instead with that 350 u'd get one(old golf i mean)
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Truequest(m): 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2008
Also, I happen to live outside Lagos.  In my town bad roads are more of a problem than traffic: you can take shortcuts.  For this, I need a vehicle that can navigate potholes, puddles, shallow gutters, roads with big stones, etc.

Oga Seun you are honestly not serious with this your keke, or how can you use keke to navigate the kind of terrian you described. Big stones! I mean that is enough to send your limo crashing on other rocks of Abeokuta. I honestly believe it is a joke, haba Seun you can afford any good ride you so desire. I just clicked on one google ad to at least increase your cash vault for a good car not 'keke marwa or napep' depending on who you are.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2008
Seun, Nooooooo!!! shocked

Please, tell me you're joking? Vespa-powered trike? undecided

ekorick:

Have u considered your video gadgets getting soaked, snow falling rains, approaching trailers, whirlwinds. Seun you are better off as a respected hero, don't think Nairalanders would appreciate grin grin grin a dead hero.

Has it begun to snow in Nigeria now?
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Seun(m): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2008
Wow, you're right
JosBoy4Lif:

Seun, there are cars on nairaland being advertised @ 350K

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-126476.0.html
Just invest another 100K to fixing her up and you will be rollin' cool

You're right. I guess this settles everything. But I'm afraid of engine trouble and such.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by inspiredm(m): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2008
I think we Auto Dealers on nairaland making money via the forum should get Seun a good car

How much do you have ?

Ill get you a very good & reliable car.

State your specs via my email inspired_men@yahoo.com

I implore other dealers on here to do the same

Corporate social (Seun) Responsibility
grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by showbobo(m): 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2008
inspired_m:

I think we Auto Dealers on nairaland making money via the forum should get Seun a good car

How much do you have ?

Ill get you a very good & reliable car.

State your specs via my email inspired_men@yahoo.com

I implore other dealers on here to do the same

Corporate social (Seun) Responsibility
grin grin grin

Nice one,if you guys would truly do this.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by SENATORJD(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2008
yep a car is better plssssssssss not keke marwa for uncle seun grin
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by denony(m): 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2008
Good idea man, we Nigerians always wait for the first person to carry out such an idea/act,
you are trying to create a history for yourself just like our great Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

Design the Keke Maruwa very well, reconstruct the doors, you can as well reconstruct the wheel tyre, change it to the normal big tyre cool so that it can overcome every stumblimg blocks on your way cool

I tell you, your name will enter the history list wink

Just don't mind go buy that KEKE MARUWA. even chicks will try to give a trial to that because some of them are tired of entering car and want something unusual.

YOU WILL ENJOY IT.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by SENATORJD(m): 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2008
and them say na keke marwa them want?lol guy,
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by dee02(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2008
If that is what you can afford and what your heart desires, then why not?!

It is ok to buy pants?
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by dipotepede(m): 5:20am On Apr 19, 2008
Hi Seun,

POeTSolvers can supply you safe and up-to-date tricycle @ 365K Naira

Our price is slightly higher than the ones you find in Nigeria because our service offerings are superb and leads to ultimate cost shavings.

1. Option to use CNG or petrol

2. Has leather seat and seat belt

3. Has meter reading for temperature, speed and fuel use.

4. Has doors and rain proof roof.

5. Has radio and radio slot you can put your CD/VCD/DVD players.

6. Has 750cc engine for rough Abeokuta roads.

7. We give waranty and after sake service.

Attached are pictures below.

You may contact me by using the "contact me" on www.poetsolvers.com

or you may mail me hoping you have my e-mail addy.

Best regards,

Dipo Tepede

www.dipotepede.com

Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Seun(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2008
Are the windows rain-proof too?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience / PAN Nigeria Higer Bus Bags Best New Auto Entrant Commercial Award / Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.