Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Being A Vegetarian? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Being A Vegetarian? (1359 Views)

Can You Become A Vegetarian / Differences Between Vegetarian And Raw Food Diets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Vegetarian? by freelance(m): 7:30pm On May 12, 2006
I am really thinking of being a vegetarian. what do u guyz think and call u guyz tell me some fruits that are very good for the body especially the heart and kidney
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by folkzy(f): 9:38pm On May 12, 2006
Have never seen an african person that is a vegeterian except their black american.
You need other source of nutrient n ppl tend to discriminate ppl that are vegetarian .

You wouldnt have lots of choices like ppl that r not vegetarian
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by Eastcoast(f): 2:08am On May 13, 2006
be eating plenty of Ugu, brocolli, spinach, cauliflower, carrots. they help a lot. they supply fiber, iron and vitamins to da body.
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by Rlst84sale(m): 3:49am On Apr 07, 2007
It's the best way, add some moderate exercises to it, it will help you a great deal. Good luck
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by busygirl(f): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2007
it's all good wink
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by Eastcoast(f): 1:54am On Apr 08, 2007
To substitute for the protein in animal products, i guess you should include lots of soy in your diet. Tofu, soy milk etc are good alternatives.
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by eniola1310(f): 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2007
@ freelance

Dont worry being a vegetarian is cool
Just go outside and graze. u'll get all the nutrients u need from those uncooked weed grass. nothing can  be better than that
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by spoilt(f): 6:13am On Apr 21, 2007
ive also considered being a vegetarian. but i cant do without meat. how is it even possible for one to get enough nutrients from just vegetables without augumenting with meat.?
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by Rlst84sale(m): 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2007
@Spoilt

You'll be surprised to find out how much nutrients are in raw organic fruits and vegetables including protein and enzymes, it's just that we have formed a habit of the way we have been eating for so long. Do more home work on it you will be amazed. Starting from Genesis 1:29 the creator of the body prescribed what the body must be fed with.
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by English1(f): 11:45am On May 01, 2007
A vegetarian doesn't just eat vegetables and fruit. It's important to eat grains and beans, lentils, nuts etc, for their proteins. Diary is good (milk, cheese, butter) if you like it but I'm not sure it is very commonly eaten in Nigeria (I could be wrong). It is a very healthy way to live as long as you eat a good range of food - but that's the truth for people who eat meat too. We all need variety to be healthy.

Millions of people in the world are vegetarian. Some through a personal decision, some through their culture or religion. Think how many Hindus there are in the world - most of them are vegetarian.  It's perfectly healthy.
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by moondust(m): 2:37pm On May 02, 2007
freelance:

I am really thinking of being a vegetarian. what do u guys think and call u guys tell me some fruits that are very good for the body especially the heart and kidney

how can u become a Vegetarian if u werent' born one?
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by English1(f): 3:48pm On May 02, 2007
Huh? You can choose to become one,
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by dupebaby(m): 10:01pm On May 02, 2007
been a  vegan takes alot of dedication, u need a website for that alone, and how it might be hard cause u not use 2 the system and ur body is not either, anyways i wish u are ur body GOODLUCK[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by Rlst84sale(m): 12:05am On May 03, 2007
Dupebaby

That plate is tempting, only God knows when was the last time I saw amala not even talk of eating it. It looks yummy but I will settle for fruits and veggies twice a day and maybe one delicious niaja throw down like the way you just pitured it there. Thank you it really does look good.
Re: Being A Vegetarian? by jantavanta(m): 10:41am On May 21, 2008
I've been a lacto-vegetarian for over 10 years. Nigerian dishes like moin-moin(steamed beans paste),
powdered bean soup, egusi(melon) soup are okay without fish or meat.

Soy Sauce or locust beans(fermented soya beans) is a suitable replacement for maggi sauce.

In Europe and Asia, the Veggie option is available at every fast food and restaurant.

If eating out at a Chinese restaurant, ask for steamed-rice and tofu. If asking for fried rice, ask for fried rice without eggs.

If eating out in an indian restaurant, try vegetable biriyani. It is similar to nigerian jollof rice.
The indian name for tofu is paneer. Paneer-based meals include palak paneer with rice.

Indian restaurants are lacto-vegatarian. Some of their sauces are yoghurt-based. So vegans should kindly remind the waiter not to bring any sauce that contains yoghurt.

(1) (Reply)

What could this be / How To Know If Ur Spouse Or Lover Is Hiv Positive / Help! Burning Sensation After Eating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.