Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,605 members, 7,770,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

Atheism Is Another Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Another Religion (1588 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Is Another Religion by DrummaBoy(m): 10:04am On May 02, 2013
One of the greatest fallacies of atheists on this section is to think that because they criticize all/most religions then they are irreligious. But let me put it to you guys that believing that there is a no God is a "Belief"; one held steadfastly like adherents other religion, and so atheism is a religion.
Atheism requires active practice of faith. When things happen to religious folks they resort to faith in God to explain it and comfort themselves. When same things happen to Atheisst, e.g: Death, Birth of Child, Wedding, Blessings, Adversities, etc, they resort to their unbelief in God to explain them; I however do not know if they find any comfort in their beliefs.
Now this is not meant to be a down right condemnation of Atheism because religion (outside faith in Jesus alone) can be the worst thing that has happened to all humanity. Some argue that religion is the tares Jesus spoke about in his parables of tares among the wheath.
The atheist may be closer to the true God than most religious people. He has the liberty of spirit to pursue and understand truth as God so many times requires of sound Christians and not the commitment to dogma that denies them access to truth as is found with many religious people.

I make these comments because it seem to me that the religious section is producing more atheist among visitors coming here than all the other religion combined. That for me is a good thing; becaue then the Spirit of God can reach these people (atheists) and convert them to truth as God requires and not continue to make them follow religion blindly.
I also maintain that atheism is a religion; one of the religions of the religious section. Folks who are Christians and Muslims and trado worshippers should see them as another religious group and probably, even, respect their views. That way it will be possible that we can all discuss our religious views with greater openess of mind and charity, and God's Holy Spirit can bring these atheist to faith as He so much longs to do.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by alfaman2: 10:37am On May 02, 2013
Yes. It is a religion. I converted to atheism and now I have to give thanks and praises to the flying spaghetti monster everyday and wear a sieve on my head.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Joel3(m): 11:14am On May 02, 2013
thanks bro for this piece, but you miss to say something... atheism is an ocult not religion. no big deal.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 02, 2013
Atheism is a religion. Their god is d flying spaghetti monster. Their pope/daddy G.O is Dawkins. Nairaland parish pastor is logicboy.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 02, 2013
Segeggs: Atheism is a religion. Their god is d flying spaghetti monster. Their pope/daddy G.O is Dawkins. Nairaland parish pastor is logicboy.

Huh? This makes no sense. Just because atheists see themselves "apart from the crowd," this makes atheism a religion? Absurd. Unless saying this makes you feel good

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by mantraa: 6:18pm On May 02, 2013
Atheism is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with reality.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Danyell(m): 6:39pm On May 02, 2013
Atheism isn't just a religion, it is the only religion and it has been approved by the true GOD.
We are all atheists whether we like it or not (we were born without any belief whatsoever) If I believe in the almighty power of Krishna but you do not believe in him then you are an atheist also.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 02, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Atheism isn't just a religion, it is the only religion and it has been approved by the true GOD.
We are all atheists whether we like it or not (we were born without any belief whatsoever) If I believe in the almighty power of Krishna but you do not believe in him then you are an atheist also.

Evening Dany,

I guess the bold made you feel so cooool cool cool cool cool cool

I know the feeling man....
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by ooman(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2013
disbelieve in a flying pig is another religion too

dumb christians
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 02, 2013
ooman: disbelieve in a flying pig is another religion too

dumb christians

I am the dumbest of them all man...and my dumb brain tells me that you sir have your very own religion.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 02, 2013
striktlymi:

I am the dumbest of them all man...and my dumb brain tells me that you sir have your very own religion.

Self flagellation......

A trip to the asylum is in order for Striky
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by ooman(m): 7:24pm On May 02, 2013
striktlymi:

you are still not yourself,

your replies are melodramatic

when they get to normal reasoning range, i will take you seriously

Advice:

Administer GABA immediately smiley
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Self flagellation......

A trip to the asylum is in order for Striky

Done that...been there tongue
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 02, 2013
ooman:

you are still not yourself,

your replies are melodramatic

when they get to normal reasoning range, i will take you seriously

Advice:

Administer GABA immediately smiley

Lol!!! Still as funny as ever...now let's see...okay I am no longer feeling 'jiggy'...I feel like playing man...wanna play?
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by ooman(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!! Still as funny as ever...now let's see...okay I am no longer feeling 'jiggy'...I feel like playing man...wanna play?

always in the mood cheesy
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 02, 2013
striktlymi:

Done that...been there tongue

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Striky don craze!!!

Overdose of religion.....it is drug abuse!!!
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 02, 2013
ooman:

always in the mood cheesy

Let's start with the'tango'...hope your dancing skills have improved since the 'last dance'? For I saved this dance specially for you...

Meet you up in your thread man...

#Lose the break dance please grin
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 02, 2013
striktlymi:

Let's start with the'tango'...hope your dancing skills have improved since the 'last dance'? For I saved this dance specially for you...

GAY

angry angry angry
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Striky don craze!!!

Overdose of religion.....it is drug abuse!!!

You might be some bad azz knight but you sure are funny man... grin
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

GAY

angry angry angry

Care to 'slow dance' with me kiss grin
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by ooman(m): 7:49pm On May 02, 2013
striktlymi:

yea, do lets
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by ooman(m): 7:54pm On May 02, 2013
striktlymi:

ok

Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Danyell(m): 8:51pm On May 02, 2013
I guess "tango" is also a religion now.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by DrummaBoy(m): 10:27pm On May 18, 2013
Folks, never mind these guys that have derailed my thread. Posts are still welcome on the theses I suggested in the OP: Atheism is Another Religion.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by kambo(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2013
yeah, atheism IS A RELIGION, howbeit, a deviant one.
Religion is as unavoidable as LOCATION every object in existence is some place. So an object cannot not have a location.
If it exsts it has a location.
But it can b an unlikely or unpopular location, so to say a person has no religion is to state d impossible.
Only God has no religion and so is outside the set just like he is outside d set in many ways but it all makes sense wen u consider tht He makes the set and it's elements and not d other way round.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by UyiIredia(m): 11:23pm On May 18, 2013
I used to say that to but I now think atheism is best described as a philosophy.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by kambo(m): 12:28am On May 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I used to say that to but I now think atheism is best described as a philosophy.

a philosophy is purely a logical perspectve. A religion has a philosophy but much more.
A religion contains a diety/
who is wrshpped.
D diety is consulted in times of adversity and praised in times of vctory ..
A religion advances d principles dat govern daily living.
Atheists wrshp themselves. Their mind is their god..
Its an inverted belief system dat makes man see himself as his own sufficiency.
Atheism adheres to d constitution of REASONG, while other religions go by some book or creed.
Atheism is fueled by human Pride , because theres an appeal at being accountable to no1 for ones actions . A life of unbridled restraint.
Atheism isnt new, infact, if u read d book of Genesis, u'll see atheism there.
But it wasnt a belief in "no God" but rather "a castg of off religious restraints" , a belief tht "I am my own God" - wch atheism is in essence.
Note tht, d slogan on professor dawkins bk promotion was "there's no god u can be free now " (or somtn like dat).

In eden adam / eve were free but restrained frm touchg d tree of knowledge of good n evil.
Satan tempted them with d lie tht they'll b better of if they disobeyed. U know d rest.
D same temptation is dangled today, you'll b better of without religion and God (sounds familiar?)
adam and eve bought d lie cuz it appealled to their pride, zero accountability to no 1, full independence..
It also sold them d promise of empowerment thru knowledge . Enlighteng knowledge "... And ur eyes shall b opened..".
Fstfwd, to modern day atheism,
atheists assume theres a dam of knowledge in d sciences and in their heads wch dey consult in All debates abt God and life affairs. Hence d appeal to reasong ..
The promise of satan in eden was dat man will b God!
See evolution, man is evolvg into higher beings , he in essence is on his way to Godhood : total invincibility . Thru wat means , the (exercise of his Mind .reasong/science).
Its a replay of genesis.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by ooman(m): 12:47am On May 19, 2013
_^_^_total rubbish
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by ooman(m): 12:48am On May 19, 2013
kambo:
In eden adam / eve were free but
restrained frm touchg d tree of
knowledge of good n evil.

you cant be free and be restrained.
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by kambo(m): 1:39am On May 19, 2013
ooman: _^_^_total rubbish
aka " i hav nothg constructve to say"
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by Nobody: 5:14am On May 19, 2013
ooman:

you cant be free and be restrained.

'Man is born free but walk about in chains...'

No absolute freedom for anyone...even the slave masters were also restrained...
Re: Atheism Is Another Religion by ooman(m): 9:40am On May 19, 2013
striktlymi:

'Man is born free but walk about in chains...'

No absolute freedom for anyone...even the slave masters were also restrained...

yea so don't tell me man was created free.

dumb xtians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Famous People Who Don't Believe In God / Why Did The Catholic Church Not Disagree With Mbaka When He Supported GEJ? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Dances Shakiti Bobo(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.