Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? (8341 Views)

Forbes Enlists Oscar Onyema, NSE Boss, In “10 Most Powerful Men In Africa” List / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by FL(f): 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2008
Dear All,

am please to announce my arrival( i b jj oh) though l have a broker. Pls let the gurus in the house advise.
Which sector will be of more benefit now if i have to go into short term investment? Oil or Banking?
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by Dividends(m): 7:45am On Apr 16, 2008
See the thread "Stock Market Tips For Nigerians".
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by ucheuche1(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2008
where av u been
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by profy2k4(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2008
There are many stock to buy for short term.

You can buy oceanic bank, skye bank, ecobank, universal insurance and many more.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by ayztech(f): 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2008
i have a free million naira for investment of 3months duration;please advise which stocks are sure bet to grow
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by FL(f): 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2008
ayztech:

i have a free million naira for investment of 3months duration;please advise which stocks are sure bet to grow

Do you have a stock Broker?
What you need to have behind your mind when you are going in for short term investment is, getting to know those companies whose shares are always in demand so that your money wouldn't get hooked up when you have an immediate need for it.
Since you have just a million to be invested for 3months, l would rather advise you go for Dangote flour.
Get back to me if at the end of the day you have more than a million to invest and l will tell you a better company.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by FL(f): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2008
profy2k4:

There are many stock to buy for short term.

You can buy oceanic bank, skye bank, ecobank, universal insurance and many more.

Thanks for your prompt response.
I stand to learn more from challanges l would face in this forum and l like it.
Looking at the price pattern of the above mentioned, one could say its slow. So, short term investment in the above, will not pay much.
Pls, convience me beyond doubts that the above could be of more benefit in short term investment.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by FL(f): 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2008
uche_uche:

where av u been

Nna! ! !

I've been in a war zone.
Make u no vex say na now l dey land. Biko.
Kedu?
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by ayztech(f): 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2008
FL:

Do you have a stock Broker?
What you need to have behind your mind when you are going in for short term investment is, getting to know those companies whose shares are always in demand so that your money wouldn't get hooked up when you have an immediate need for it.
Since you have just a million to be invested for 3months, l would rather advise you go for Dangote flour.
Get back to me if at the end of the day you have more than a million to invest and l will tell you a better company.

yes i have a stock broker but i noticed that each time i buy on his advice, the price of the stock in question drops. maybe cos he's always too busy or sth. but in the alternative, which other stock apart from dangote flour do u advice?
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by FL(f): 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2008
ayztech:

yes i have a stock broker but i noticed that each time i buy on his advice, the price of the stock in question drops. maybe because he's always too busy or sth. but in the alternative, which other stock apart from dangote flour do u advice?

Do not panic when prices of stocks you bought on the advice of your broker drop.
You may have too a financial adviser apart from you Broker who you may wish to consult before buying any share
Could you mention some of such stocks you bought and thier prices have now dropped.
At your leisure, visit www.cashcraft.com, there, you can study the historical price activity of any stock you want.
Don't forget too that knowing the historical activity of a stock is not a guarantee to it feature perfomance, but it will allow you a broader knowledge of the stock market.
On the issue of which other stock apart dangote flour, you may try Firstbank or Ashakacem. since you are going in for short term investment.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by Dejipumpin(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ FL,
I guess you just want to buy stocks or invest within 3 months without any stated investment objective. Speculative investing could be dangerous. I'm an investor too. My stockbroker/financial adviser at Cashcraft always tell me that the stock market is not a 15days market where expect miracles to happen. With this & on his recommendation, i bought into stocks with good wih good fundamentals & figures. The stocks are doing great because i monitor them everyday. So, my guy maybe you should do a thorough stock analysis with Cashcraft before buying stocks for your 3months recoup period.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by ismailade: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2008
HELLO ALL,
UBA ASSET MANGEMENT IS THE BEST PLACE TO PLACE UR MONEY SO THAT YOUR MONEY CAN BE INVESTED AND MANAGED BY EXPERTS THAT UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS.A WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF UBA THAT HAS A CAPITAL BASE OF ABOUT 40 000BILLION NAIRA.

INVESTING IN UBA EQUITY FUND IS ONE WAY YOUR MONEY CAN ACHIEVE HIGH CAPITAL GROWTH OVER SHORT AND LONG TERMS.

THE FUND INVESTS PRIMARILY IN STOCK OR QUOTED EQUITIES ON THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF UBA EQUITIES ARE:
1) HIGH CAPITAL APPRECIATION IN A DIVERSIFIED EQUITY PORFOLIO

2) NO WITHHOLDING TAX ON DIVIDENDS

3)SUBCRIBERS TO FUND CAN USE AS A COLLATERAL FOR LOANS AT UBA PLC.

4)OPPORTUNITY TO INVEST ON BEHALF OF MINORS

5)FREE ENTRY AND EXIT.

Please find below the schedule of interest rates for
the GUARANTEED RETURN INVESTMENT (GRI),the most ideal
for You.It is a short term
investment with superior returns.

N100,000 AND BELOW N1000,000 8.5%
ABOVE N1000,000 AND BELOW N5000,000 10%
ABOVE N5000,000 AND BELOW N10,000,000 11%
ABOVE N10,000,000 AND BELOW N20,000,000 12%
ABOVE N20,000,000 13%
We can also pay 14% for N100,000,000.

The minimum investment period is 30 days with option
to roll over both interest and capital.It's also
compound interest.
The major benefits are that there is no penalty for
liquidation befor maturity,no form of tax charged on
the returns and the returns can be collected upfront
befor it matures.

YOU CAN ON 08028306654 FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by FL(f): 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2008
ismailade:

HELLO ALL,
UBA ASSET MANGEMENT IS THE BEST PLACE TO PLACE UR MONEY SO THAT YOUR MONEY CAN BE INVESTED AND MANAGED BY EXPERTS THAT UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS.A WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF UBA THAT HAS A CAPITAL BASE OF ABOUT 40 000BILLION NAIRA.

It sounds great and am interested but l would really like to understand the whole thing first.
What is the full meaning of your own UBA? Is it controlled by United Bank for Africa(UBA)?
If yes, then, can l go to any of the branches of UBA to register?

Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by FL(f): 7:55pm On Apr 23, 2008
chiscoboy:

i need to be linked with a good broker
mail me chiscoboy4u@yahoo.com or call 08067022414

I just wanted to find out if you've gotten a good stockbroker. If you have not, l would advice you go for Brokerage firms that are managed by banks if possible.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by adetona86: 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2008
Nice replies from every1
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by Joan2(f): 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2008
Hi, am new on this forum.
I really need a good stockbroker
may be a brokerhouse i can rely on cos i'm really naive about investing in the stock mkt
My number is 08052035192
I've got some money to invest but do not know how (Short term though)
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by simiyumimo(m): 11:00am On Apr 26, 2008
Hello Guys,

you guys are actually doing well.Given the level consideration cooperation in assisting others.
I am a curious as necessary to know the direction in which Airsevice Stock is going.Did anybody got an idea whether it could mount back be trading at 21 naira plu aging? And is that obvious in the next 2weeks?
thanks
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by atilla(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2008
Hello Joan

I work in a stock broking firm called Citi Investment Capital In Ikoyi, Lagos.

Take a look at our website www.citiinvestcap.com and let me know if you are still interested and would like to discuss.

How many months do you mean by short term??

Take care of yourself
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by FL(f): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2008
Am tempted to buy into ETI because of the drastic change in it price. Please, let someone advise me on this.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by Rolante(m): 12:37am On Nov 24, 2009
When considering a short term investment you need to look at which company is going to be doing the best over the time you are planning on investing.  Common sense I know, but sometimes fundamentals are the best way to go.  smiley
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by MoneyMakerBestOfAll: 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2010
Hm, what do you think of <a href="http://fixed-investments.com/>alternative investments</a> forum? I just put there my 5k $.
Re: Best NSE Stocks For Short Term Investment? by consultmartins(m): 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2010
People without financial knowledge, taking advice from stockbrokers, friends and financial advisers are like leaping lemmings. They race for the cliff and jump into the ocean of financial uncertainty, hoping to swim to the other side. A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (Reply)

Jiji classified ads are SCAMMERS / Investment in Real Estate, the surest way to go / SEC Declines PZ Cussons’s Request To Buy Other Shareholders And Delist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.