Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers (728 Views)

Car Dealers In Abuja / Used Car Dealers Around Lagos / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers by stereotype: 3:49pm On May 03, 2013
Please be very vigilant on who calls himself a car dealer. You get shown a car, after the negotiation and inspection, you go off to the bank to transfer money. when you transfer the money and get back to the car, you find out that, the person you paid money to is not the owner of the car or the dealer. Meanwhile, the person you were inspecting the car with has disappeared into thin air. you don't realize it is a scam because you are still seeing the car. The real car owner comes and wonder what you are talking about. This Particularly happens in the ikeja/ogba axis
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers by double3(m): 9:08pm On May 03, 2013
Wow...well noted
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 03, 2013
That's why before transferring money Into any one account... All documents of the car should be srutinized, then payment receipt and the car key, with the owner and witnesses, should all go to the bank, as transfer is being made, and completed, the keys, documents and payment receipt should change hands , there and then... No come tomorrow, or wait ... Lets leave the car where's its parked and the buyer should go alone and transfer money... Mba oooooo.... Na bank , everything dey happen and exchange hands o...
Buyers take note o...
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers by Fogman(m): 9:58pm On May 03, 2013
Cant believe this, the car owner is definately an accomplice. CAVEAT EMPTOR!
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers by Zamizoni(m): 11:31pm On May 03, 2013
I almost fell for this issue 2 days ago, it was when i managed to find out the true owner of the SUV and i talked to him about why he was selling the SUV as it was too clean and at a fair price that breeze blow foul yansh. The real owner said he was not selling his SUV ooooo, i was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??,
i later sent him a link to the advert site before he belive me. The guy was shocked to the bones.
Funny enough there were three different agents advertising the same SUV on NL with 3 different username and multiple mobile numbers, the moment i copied the 3 links and sent it to one of the agents the 2 others stopped sending emails about when to come, inspect and pay.
EVERY WHERE SOMEONE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY ANYHOW, WHETHER IS LEGITIMATELY OR NOT THEY DONT CARE.
WELL THE CUSTOMERS ARE GETTING WISER EVERYDAY ALSO. NA SMALL REMAIN I FOR FALL MUGU!!!
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers by double3(m): 12:43am On May 04, 2013
Zamizoni: I almost fell for this issue 2 days ago, it was when i managed to find out the true owner of the SUV and i talked to him about why he was selling the SUV as it was too clean and at a fair price that breeze blow foul yansh. The real owner said he was not selling his SUV ooooo, i was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??,
i later sent him a link to the advert site before he belive me. The guy was shocked to the bones.
Funny enough there were three different agents advertising the same SUV on NL with 3 different username and multiple mobile numbers, the moment i copied the 3 links and sent it to one of the agents the 2 others stopped sending emails about when to come, inspect and pay.
EVERY WHERE SOMEONE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY ANYHOW, WHETHER IS LEGITIMATELY OR NOT THEY DONT CARE.
WELL THE CUSTOMERS ARE GETTING WISER EVERYDAY ALSO. NA SMALL REMAIN I FOR FALL MUGU!!!
Lucky you,I have always said. It here several times,if a car z too cheap one has to be more careful in buying such cars
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers by olanshi: 3:42am On May 04, 2013
stereotype:
Please be very vigilant on who calls himself a car dealer. You get shown a car, after the negotiation and inspection, you go off to the bank to transfer money. when you transfer the money and get back to the car, you find out that, the person you paid money to is not the owner of the car or the dealer. Meanwhile, the person you were inspecting the car with has disappeared into thin air. you don't realize it is a scam because you are still seeing the car. The real car owner comes and wonder what you are talking about. This Particularly happens in the ikeja/ogba axis

Where did this happened in Ikeja/Ogba, which car stand? Is it through a member of nairaland car dealers? Please explain further, cos I ply my trade here in Ikeja and I have never heard of such nor seen such thing happened before...
Re: Beware Of Car Dealers/scammers by richfaxy: 4:41am On May 04, 2013
Zamizoni: I almost fell for this issue 2 days ago, it was when i managed to find out the true owner of the SUV and i talked to him about why he was selling the SUV as it was too clean and at a fair price that breeze blow foul yansh. The real owner said he was not selling his SUV ooooo, i was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??,

can you kindly post the links to the ads as well as the NL username and telephone numbers so that all NLers will stay away from such dealers

(1) (Reply)

Very Cheap 1.8m 2005 Model Toyota Sienna Toks From Autocejikon Motors / Registered 2008 HONDA CR-V - Very Clean/cheap / Toks Chrysler 300 2006model Giveaway 1.2million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.