Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Your Life Metaphor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Life Metaphor? (669 Views)

In The Bible, Was The Forbidden Fruit A Metaphor For Sex? / Adam And Eve A Fable, Hell Is A Mere Metaphor – Says Pop / The Tower Of Babel: Actual Event or Metaphor? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 2:38am On May 04, 2013
31/12/2007

HOW DO YOU VIEW YOUR LIFE ON EARTH

How do you view life?

Many have given different views or perception about life which consciously or unconsciously affects and defines their lives. What is life to you, how do you view your life or what is your life metaphor that is what do you liken your life on earth to be?

These are some perception about life, what some liken life on earth to be.

Some see life as a race
; these set of people value speed (that is they are always in a hurry) and always want to be first in all things not minding what it takes to outrun others.

Some see life as a game;
these particular set of people value winning all the time, these ones never wants to loose, so they put all they have and use every means they know in other to win in life.

Some see life as an opportunity
; these set of people will always want to get the best of others. They are opportunist, always thinking of what they can get out of all the people around them, situations and life generally.

Some see life as fun
; this is the worst kind perception about life, these particular set of people see nothing else in life than to have fun and to enjoy all that comes their way without given any serious thought to the consequences or issues in life.

I have listed some of life’s metaphor which so many lives with, the danger of it is that your perception about life will determine how you will react to it, which will definitely shape or define your life. If the ways we see life so much affect our how we react to it, then how are we to view life on earth?
In other to get a better description of our life on earth, let us see what the word of God has to say about life, because the word is our manual for life on earth. The Bible gives us three distinct metaphors for life on earth which are, life is a Test, a Trust, and a Temporary assignment.

LIFE A TEST Life in generally is a test because even with the other two metaphors, God is testing our responses to life. Our life on earth is a rehearsal of the original; we are put on earth to be tested with the shadow of the real thing. God has prepared what eyes has not seen, ear has not heard, neither has it entered the mind of man what God has prepared for we frail humans, but in other to partake of these God has placed each of us under a test to see if we can actually pass the test.
God tested so many in the Bible days and we are no exception, just to mention a few, He tested Abraham, Job, Jacob, and Hezekiah. He is going to test us with wealth, our love, our successes and what is actually in our heart, and above all our faith. God test our responses to situations and even to the minutest things we do not count like courtesy, anger, overreacting, not reacting enough, just to mention a few.

LIFE A TRUST God had entrusted a lot to humanity, first and foremost He gave His one and only begotten son, His most priced possession for us to believe in Him so that we will not be damned but have eternal life, then He entrusted His name, power and right to us who believe. Because He gave His son which is His best gift, He freely entrusted us with all things, to some He entrusted wealth, some wisdom far beyond their contemporaries, some making head of nations, state, families, church, etc, with all these He entrusted to us the lives of our neighbors. God makes no mistake because He’s all knowing, He entrusted to each and every one of us according to our several abilities, so in the final analysis we would give account to Him, for it is said in the scripture that it is expected of one who is put in charge as a manager be found faithful.

LIFE A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT It is temporary because it is but for a while , God has called each of us for a purpose on earth, your life on earth is no mistake even if your parents had not planned your birth, God did and has a purpose for you. God preplanned your life on earth, it did not just came to be He put all things in place before your coming which is why He said in His word that we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God prepare aforetime that we should walk in. There is a walk of preparation here which we all have a role to play, we are the body of Christ and in His body there is an assignment given to each one of us which we will continue in Heaven. This is the reason God custom made you, you are the best of you, you are wonderfully and fearfully made, that is why your assignment is best for only you and you alone, no other person can fit in, if we fail in this little then the big one will not be ours, so who is that wise and faithful servant that His master put in charge of His household to give meat in due season, blessed be that servant when His master shall come and find him doing so.

God is a business man, He has given and expects a better return, so we should have it at the back of our minds that all we do have eternal implications, and our life after is dependent on what we do here and now.
We are about to start a new year in which much resolutions will be made and much will be expected. Someone once said, the best time to act was two years ago and the second best time is now, so if we have wasted so many years, we have a second best time which Is now, we can start by having a right perception of life, so that we would not have to make the same resolution next year, and that depends on whether we will still be alive to make another one.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by shdemidemi(m): 9:25am On May 04, 2013
True assertions...in other words we are ambassadors of God on earth carrying out temporal assignments. It is not a joke neither is it a race with fellow men but a test by God.
Edifying piece, thanks OP

1 Like

Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 5:43am On May 05, 2013
shdemidemi: True assertions...in other words we are ambassadors of God on earth carrying out temporal assignments. It is not a joke neither is it a race with fellow men but a test by God.

Yes on point brother, this is the very reason Paul said those that are comparing themselves are not wise and also that this one thing i do forgetting that which was before.
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 4:52pm On May 06, 2013
Do not be deceived God cant be mocked for whatever a man sows that he shall reap, if you sow to the flesh you shall of the flesh reap corruption and if you sow to the spirit, you shall of the spirit reap life everlasting.
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2013

1 Corinthians 6

24 ¶ Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by successcertain: 10:39pm On May 07, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
1 Corinthians 6

24 ¶ Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

This is perfect example of a brainwashed negro suffering from mental slavery, quoting history book of racism and tragic end of his own race to justify his inferior. grin
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 8:38am On May 08, 2013
[quote
author=successcertain]

This is perfect example of a brainwashed negro suffering from mental
slavery, quoting history book of racism and tragic end of his own race
to justify his inferior. grin[/quote]

Wow what an intelligent man, not brain washed but thinking perfectly and knowing all that pertains to life!
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 12:01am On May 19, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Wow what an intelligent man, not brain washed but thinking perfectly and knowing all that pertains to life!
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2013
undecided
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 4:18pm On May 29, 2013
It is required in stewardship that a man be found faithful.
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
successcertain:

This is perfect example of a brainwashed negro suffering from mental slavery, quoting history book of racism and tragic end of his own race to justify his inferior. grin

what shall you say when the end comes?
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2013
shdemidemi: True assertions...in other words we are ambassadors of God on earth carrying out temporal assignments. It is not a joke neither is it a race with fellow men but a test by God.
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Where we spend eternity is dependent on what we believe on earth, and how we spend eternity is dependent on how we live our lives on earth, either for Christ or self/devil.
Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 10:14am On Nov 28, 2013
The devil ain't scared of you because you can pray, fast and speak in tongues, or probably because you go to church and abide with all the religious activities. The devil is only scared of those who have submitted to God, those who have been crucified with Christ who longer live but the life they live in the world Christ live in them by faith.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flew from you.

James 4:7

Re: Your Life Metaphor? by PastorOluT(m): 10:40am On Nov 30, 2013
Are you prepared for the second coming of Jesus?

Spending unique quality time in the presence of the Father daily to pray and read the bible, will keep one spiritually inclined and alert!

(1) (Reply)

What Prophet T.B. Joshua Looks Like As Anti-christ / Because I'm the Pastor, That's Why!" / Update On Redeemed Pastor Daughter's Conversion To Islam; Her Message To Parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.