Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828411 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Kevinoh:

Guys pls I got a disturbing txt msg frm British Council this morning that my result has been picked for quality assessment purpose shocked

I have been worried all day considering time is no longer on my side as this happens to be my only outstanding document before I can send my package across cry

Pls has anyone come across such before? What does this mean? What could have gone wrong

So many questions, I am so uneasy right now.
It happens but i pray it gets resolved as soon as possible.
Just get everything ready in your envelope ....start calling them from Monday tellingmthem the urgency with which it's needed.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cerezo: 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
Kevinoh:

Guys pls I got a disturbing txt msg frm British Council this morning that my result has been picked for quality assessment purpose shocked

I have been worried all day considering time is no longer on my side as this happens to be my only outstanding document before I can send my package across cry

Pls has anyone come across such before? What does this mean? What could have gone wrong

So many questions, I am so uneasy right now.

Hi, you don't have to panic. I was subjected to same in Oct. In my case, my result was available online though. I was told this often happens when you have at least 2.0 points difference between any of your scores, esp writing and speaking scores. It usually doesnt take long and they always specify the new date to expect your report form.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 1:31am On Dec 06, 2014
My IELTS score

Listening 7.5
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 5.5

Overall 7.0

My wife's IELTS Score.

Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.5

Overall 7.0

Please can I still apply as the principal applicant.
Our initial plan is to apply independently as we are both qualified for the programme.
But I think my speaking score is below the required scoreline.

what do you suggest I do?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cerezo: 1:49am On Dec 06, 2014
conyema12:
My IELTS score

Listening 7.5
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 5.5

Overall 7.0

My wife's IELTS Score.

Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.5

Overall 7.0

Please can I still apply as the principal applicant.
Our initial plan is to apply independently as we are both qualified for the programme.
But I think my speaking score is below the required scoreline.

what do you suggest I do?

This is pretty straightforward, either you write another ielts or u let madam take the driver seat while your ielts is good enough to earn her additional 5 points under adaptability. If i were you, would rather focus on the latter
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 2:11am On Dec 06, 2014
cerezo:

This is pretty straightforward, either you write another ielts or u let madam take the driver seat while your ielts is good enough to earn her additional 5 points under adaptability. If i were you, would rather focus on the latter

Thank you very much.

But is it allowed in FSWP for both husband and wife to apply independently to increase their chances?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:15am On Dec 06, 2014
conyema12:

Thank you very much.

But is it allowed in FSWP for both husband and wife to apply independently to increase their chances?

There is no law against it ....just that if both are positive ,you may need to withdraw one application at a certain stage since you can not claim 2 permanent resident status at the same time.
Meanwhile ,unless you have written another IELTS already and expecting your result,it's doubtful that you can apply as a principal applicant before 31st December,2014 again as the time is short for you to register and get another result.
What I'm hoping for now is that ECA for your spouse has been done/completed.
If this is so,she's automatically the principal applicant by virtue of the IELTS result and i will advice you to send your package within the coming two weeks for it to be delivered to CIC on or before 31st December ,2014.
Wishing you the best .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 9:19am On Dec 06, 2014
Hi Damkollins & co. Can someone tell me how long it takes between getting a PER mail and correspondence from AVO? I got my PER on 17th November, 2014 but haven't got any other correspondence since. Also, my CIC online status is still unavailable.
Thanks for responding.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 11:35am On Dec 06, 2014
@ damkollins and cerezo

Thanks for d encouragement guys! Will do as advised and hope for the best.

I just hope CIC would not go on Christmas break sooner than expected as this may affect the delivery of packages even before December 31st
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
I finally dispatched my application today after one whole month of checking, vetting, and cross checking. Thanks to damkollins, solomonwis, anbako, yomifowe, zeelo, ferdimako and especially pickabeau and bwave for checking my application. Thanks also to my loving wife for her support all the way.
I thank God for his direction, I pray He answers our prayers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
scrollmeout:
I finally dispatched my application today after one whole month of checking, vetting, and cross checking. Thanks to damkollins, solomonwis, anbako, yomifowe, zeelo, ferdimako and especially pickabeau and bwave for checking my application. Thanks also to my loving wife for her support all the way.
Congrats ....
We wish you the very best of positive news.
I'm sure every one of us are patiently waiting to hear from you.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 6:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
scrollmeout:

Good news n peace be with you n your family
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 8:02am On Dec 07, 2014
Hello everyone,
For those that wrote their ielts in lagos, how soon did the courier delivered to your delivery address. Am considering picking up mine from their office or waiting for the courier to deliver it.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 8:49am On Dec 07, 2014
Highlyfavoured3:
Hello everyone,
For those that wrote their ielts in lagos, how soon did the courier delivered to your delivery address. Am considering picking up mine from their office or waiting for the courier to deliver it.
Thanks
it is better you pick it up yourself since you are in Lagos, please go with your international passport.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
scrollmeout:
Wish u success this time around.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hi Damkollins & co. Can someone tell me how long it takes between getting a PER mail and correspondence from AVO? I got my PER on 17th November, 2014 but haven't got any other correspondence since. Also, my CIC online status is still unavailable.
Thanks for responding.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
@tola73
Thank you, can one go there on the Friday it is released or wait till Monday?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charzyh2: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hello house, I got a job offer from a Canadian company but I do not have work experience in any of the NOC professions. Please, can I still go on and apply for the Federal Skilled Workers visa?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by presidentpikin: 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
charzyh2:
Hello house, I got a job offer from a Canadian company but I do not have work experience in any of the NOC professions. Please, can I still go on and apply for the Federal Skilled Workers visa?
Thank you.
please how did you get the job? Please share with us .
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charzyh2: 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
presidentpikin:
please how did you get the job? Please share with us .

A family friend who lives in Toronto assisted me. I got a job offer from a branch office of a well known North American company.
Now, do you know the answer to my question?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
charzyh2:

A family friend who lives in Toronto assisted me. I got a job offer from a branch office of a well known North American company.
Now, do you know the answer to my question?
yes you can apply and i believe your chances are even much better than someone without a job offer.
you can read up on the site.You must have at least 1 year experience in that line of work, do your ielts and also educational assessment.
cheers
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 12:34am On Dec 08, 2014
Dear experienced ones in the house,

Pls I was just filling the updated Generic Application form and I noticed the part where the statement "immigration office requested for processing this application" used to be on the older form was omitted but the space is still there without a number though.

Is this something I shld be worried about or I shld just go ahead and forget about it or perhaps fill the immigration office details in that space with a black pen?

I am just tryn hard not to commit any blunders cos I noticed I can't even type a thing in that space.

Please help a brother out!

Thanks in advance guys.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charzyh2: 4:40am On Dec 08, 2014
akanni:

yes you can apply and i believe your chances are even much better than someone without a job offer.
you can read up on the site.You must have at least 1 year experience in that line of work, do your ielts and also educational assessment.
cheers
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Thank you very much sir.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2014
Kevinoh:

Pls I was just filling the updated Generic Application form and I noticed the part where the statement "immigration office requested for processing this application" used to be on the older form was omitted but the space is still there without a number though.

Is this something I shld be worried about or I shld just go ahead and forget about it or perhaps fill the immigration office details in that space with a black pen?

I am just tryn hard not to commit any blunders cos I noticed I can't even type a thing in that space.

Thanks in advance guys.
You are fine as they removed visa office in the updated form. No need to write it with pen, just leave it blank
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 8:32am On Dec 08, 2014
DoubleBam2X:
Thanks for responding.
No AOR from AVO. Expect MR from January.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by wordsmithng: 10:04am On Dec 08, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have keenly followed events and topics in this house and I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the level of work and commitment shown by everyone here. It is a team effort.

I have a question and it relates to a change in my application (which is the birth of my child last month). Now they have already sent me my PER mail. Was wondering if I can send off a letter to the VO informing them of the birth or do I wait till they send me a MR? Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:29am On Dec 08, 2014
wordsmithng:
Hello everyone,
I have keenly followed events and topics in this house and I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the level of work and commitment shown by everyone here. It is a team effort.
I have a question and it relates to a change in my application (which is the birth of my child last month). Now they have already sent me my PER mail. Was wondering if I can send off a letter to the VO informing them of the birth or do I wait till they send me a MR? Thanks guys.
Please notify Accra via email as soon as you can.
Also,use the link below to contact them for notification...they will surely get back to you on their requirement regarding your new born.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
Congrats on your new born baby.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 10:37am On Dec 08, 2014
Guys I need help. Express Entry date is out and is to be launched on 1st Jan 2015. Would I still be able to apply under the current FSWP? Please help. Damkollins?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2014
Kevinoh:

Thanks in advance guys.
You are fine with no issues.
Your permanent residence information/details/address can be used to ascribe you to a local visa office.
If you are like me who doesn't want to get too much worried,I'll just include a short cover letter to indicate my local visa office....no offence if its done.
Whichever way,you are fine.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by wordsmithng: 10:38am On Dec 08, 2014
damkollins:

Please notify Accra via email as soon as you can.
Also,use the link below to contact them for notification...they will surely get back to you on their requirement regarding your new born.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
Congrats on your new born baby.
Cheers.

Thank you so much Damkollins! Much appreciated!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:40am On Dec 08, 2014
amazingfortune:
Guys I need help. Express Entry date is out and is to be launched on 1st Jan 2015. Would I still be able to apply under the current FSWP? Please help. Damkollins?
Depends on your current stage of preparation.
if you have everything in place and can send your application package to get to CIC on or before 31st,the current FSW procedures will be used to process your application.
Anything after that,you wont be accessed with current FSW rules again especially for applications received from 1st January,2015.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:45am On Dec 08, 2014
DoubleBam2X:
Thanks for responding.
How are you checking your application status?
Family name with your UCI number?
If your family name isn't showing it,use a combination of your family name and first name with space and also without space.
Use also first name with family name with space and without space.
If still not displaying,send a CSE to CIC and Accra visa office stating you findings......using the links below.
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2014

Just came from Lunch now and saw the pick up mail sitting DEEP in my SPAM box....
Its official......
Pick up mail arrived in my SPAM box at exactly 12.45pm.
I'm using this as a point of contact to expectant hearts of Medical request mails,passport request mails and Passport pick-up mails or any forms of positive news from Accra.
I pray that good news shall always be in your abode....
Once again,thank you all in advance of your wishes.....
Its been a wonderful family and I'm poised to follow every active applicants here to a logical positive conclusion regardless of my location now or later...
Cheers.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.