Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,416 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829389 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
thesoj:
I'm not a reader of this thread but stumbled upon this post randomly. Just wanted to say you don't necessarily need to be in the US for up to eight years to obtain permanent residency (assuming you are on an F1 student visa).

Since you will obtain your MSc in software engineering, this is a really hot area that would enable you to get your US permanent residency in possibly two years from when an employer files on your behalf. What you need to do is to get a job with an elite tech company like Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, etc and you will have your green card in hand likely three years from when you start working for them (many companies file for you six months to a year after you start working... some even start earlier). Btw, I live in the US and came on an F1 visa and now have a green card. I am an engineer as well.

Anyways, keep doing your Canada runs but don't count out getting PR in the US, especially since you are into software.

The head wey taiye carry come earth is different from that of Kehinde.

Because you got the american green card easy does not mean it would be easy for many others.

People also have this popular believe that it is very hard to get ILR ( UK equivalent of PR), yet I know a lot of people that also got the same ILR after spending a few years on an employee based work permit after the completion of their studies in the UK.

Also, people believe Canadian PR is easy once you study here but I have also seen lots of people who had to return to Nigeria after the end of their post study work permit, as they could not get a provincial nomination or an employer to sponsor their application and this was when things were very easy unlike nowadays.

He should try every available option(both Canada and us) except he wants to come back to naijeriya sha.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thesoj: 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
@saxywale I mostly agree with you. (edited)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by candykenni: 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
i experienced the same thing......CLB 9 in all except Listening...very painful!
JesusDWay:

You know, the one that baffles me most is how Indians with poor English seem to do better than us. You look at the way some of them write and yet, when they highlight their IELTS result, you wonder how they made such grade.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Luvmuma: 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
Please has anyone in December been attended to yet? Mine is Dec 9. Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:22am On Aug 23, 2015
40manlappy:

Thanks very much superchi and also JesusDWay but at this point, I do not know what else to do.

We created another profile and reviewed it very carefully before submission, taking note of superchi's advice but on checking our status this morning, it was disappointing to see "Not eligible for Express Entry" AGAIN on our MyCIC status.

What we saw is the usual generic response in a PDF letter:

Kindly proffer suggestions again because I am not giving up easily. I intend to create another profile today.

Looping: Slimmsyyetty, damkollins, solomonwis, dupyshoo, Tola73, RedCapChief, unibadan, Taiwoabo

I hope caps have not filled yet....rotfl....that's a joke o! It's strange actually cuz, with all the details you provided, you should be eligible. Anyway, if you live in Lagos and you don't mind, you can try catch up with me at my church tomorrow by 11:30am so we can go through the process together and by God's grace should hopefully make it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:24am On Aug 23, 2015
candykenni:
i experienced the same thing......CLB 9 in all except Listening...very painful!

Ehya! Sorry. You actually need it most in Listening
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cherie24(f): 2:03am On Aug 23, 2015
zandora:

Wrong. I had neither of these but was still able to apply.

Firstly having a relative in Canada would only give you points towards the 67 points needed to qualify via the FSW route, it won't add to your EE score. The best and easiest way is to ace your IELTS exam. However if you're above 34 years of age with a Bachelor's degree as your highest qualification then you may find it necessary to apply for a PNP to boost your EE score.

Thank you very much Zandora. I intend to be the principal applicant. I speak French very fluently infact it is my working language and I also have it as a Bachelor degree. I am yet to be 32yrs and i have worked for almost 8yrs (NYSC excluded), married with a child. I am yet to do IELTS exam.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 3:17am On Aug 23, 2015
[
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 3:20am On Aug 23, 2015
How many years did your education come up to? Was it up to 17 years? Yes, Principal Applicant (PA)=17, Me=20
How old is the principal applicant? 32
Did you mean 4 years Bachelor's degree? Yes
What is your IELTS individual band score? PA:Listening-6.5, Reading-7, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5. Overall score-7 Me: Listening-8, Reading-8, Writing-7, Speaking-6.5. Overall score-7.5)
How many years experience do you have and from which NOC? PA=6 NOC 1111, Me=0122
Finally were you able to get through the Come to Canada tool and receive a code? Yes

Your info is on point therefore the only reason I can give is that you are not filling something accurately. Ensure that you select NO for if your Bsc was completed in Canada and YES for if an ECA was obtained. Also select YES for 1st language english and NO for no 2nd language. Did you provide your ECA and IELTS reference number?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 3:26am On Aug 23, 2015
cherie24:

Thank you very much Zandora. I intend to be the principal applicant. I speak French very fluently infact it is my working language and I also have it as a Bachelor degree. I am yet to be 32yrs and i have worked for almost 8yrs (NYSC excluded), married with a child. I am yet to do IELTS exam.

You seem to be on the right track. Check whether your work experience falls under NOC skill category A, B or O via the link below and if so assess your Bachelor's degree via WES (it's the fastest) and study hard for your IELTS. Goodluck!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:51am On Aug 23, 2015
cherie24:

You may also have a Window of opportunity with Quebec, I think it's starting on October 1st and it's on First in First out basis so for you and anyone who may be interested see the link below and try and gather your docs together for the day. Although French Test is not a criteria but it is assigned significant marks that can boost your points and, it's officially a French Speaking Province so, you might need it to be able to conduct your everyday business

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by edababa007(m): 6:38am On Aug 23, 2015
Hello House, Pls how much is the medical fees for adults and underage kids? Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 8:44am On Aug 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

You may also have a Window of opportunity with Quebec, I think it's starting on October 1st and it's on First in First out basis so for you and anyone who may be interested see the link below and try and gather your docs together for the day. Although French Test is not a criteria but it is assigned significant marks that can boost your points and, it's officially a French Speaking Province so, you might need it to be able to conduct your everyday business

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html

Ah yes Quebec, I totally forgot about that. But Quebec doesn't use Express Entry though and the processing time is long, almost 2 years.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ebemio: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2015
Please what is your timeline please.heard its approximately about 40k.
edababa007:
Hello House, Pls how much is the medical fees for adults and underage kids? Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ebemio: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2015
Dont think so been following the timelines havent heard of any yet.please pm me lets swap notes.
Luvmuma:
Please has anyone in December been attended to yet? Mine is Dec 9. Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2015
bolinchin:
Hi all, after I received an email from WES that photocopies of my documents have been sent to my school for verification I started following up in school but for like a month they kept telling me they are yet to receive it.So I was advised to tell WES to send it by email which I did.In response to my mail of August 20, WES replied they also sent a mail to my institution on the 23rd of july. Well I am not sure if my school has replied the mail but my status today changed from awaiting verification from institution to document received review in progress. Please house what does this imply.Cc: Shyee, Zandora, Tola73 et al.Thanks
House please help me with this question
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hemmie101: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2015
Plz those of us that aren't skilled workers how can we go about the Canada immigration visa
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
hemmie101:
Plz those of us that aren't skilled workers how can we go about the Canada immigration visa

What is your trade or profession?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
bolinchin:
House please help me with this question

It means they've now received your documents and they are currently under review to be assessed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
[quote author=bolinchin post=37229438]
hello, it means that WES received your documents from your school, and within 20 days expect your evaluation. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

I hope caps have not filled yet....rotfl....that's a joke o! It's strange actually cuz, with all the details you provided, you should be eligible. Anyway, if you live in Lagos and you don't mind, you can try catch up with me at my church tomorrow by 11:30am so we can go through the process together and by God's grace should hopefully make it.

Good afternoon. I just came online now and saw your response; thanks very much for the offer even though I am not resident in Lagos.

Applied again last night as I affirmed in my previous post. We practically did the application together with my in-law who is resident in Canada through BBM Voice and Timeviewer app. He strongly felt that we should be eligible and wanted to find out what went wrong. We increased our POF to 31k. wink

We did this together for nearly 5 hours and submitted the application successfully. I am prayerfully hoping for the best. smiley

Will update you on the outcome. Many thanks!

Cc: Zandora, superchi
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
@Zandora and shyee,Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
Gracias!
Cc taiwoabo
akogun007:

CSE: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

E-mail AVO: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hemmie101: 6:51am On Aug 24, 2015
I'm a Banker and also help in my dad lil biz he's into sales of medical equipment
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cherie24(f): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
zandora:

You seem to be on the right track. Check whether your work experience falls under NOC skill category A, B or O via the link below and if so assess your Bachelor's degree via WES (it's the fastest) and study hard for your IELTS. Goodluck!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Many thanks Zandora. As a Manager in HR, it falls under both category O and A. Please is there a website for the WES so that i can assess my degree?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cherie24(f): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2015
JesusDWay:

Thanks a Million dear...I will also look into this. I appreciate all your responses..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
hemmie101:
I'm a Banker and also help in my dad lil biz he's into sales of medical equipment

I thought you said you are not a skilled worker....you just made me laugh(apologies). Anyway, you are skilled worker. First, try and find your NOC(Google NOC 2011, it is the Canadian govt description of job positions and details) when the page opens, search for your present job title and see if the job details is same with what you do presently. If it is not, search for the one that fits what you do. You can at the same time, go and register online for your IELTS exam with British Council, while you should visit WES Canada(World Education Services) website to familiarize yourself with their operations and what it will take for you to evaluate your qualifications with them as a Canadian equivalent of it is what you will use together with your IELTS result in applying for the EE Programme. For your IELTS, you have to score maximum points available as it will boost your chance of getting selected eventually
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by olaniranbn: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
Please I need sample settlement plan for Nova Scotia canada
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by olaniranbn: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
Please I need a sample copy of settlement plane for Nova Scotia Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2015
@JesusDWay, Zandora, superchi

Finally, our Express Entry profile was received and we got the following message in a PDF letter.

"Thank you for submitting your Express Entry profile
You have finished building your online profile. Based on your answers, it looks like you may be eligible to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant."

Thanks very much. The next step is to register for Job Bank. Any suggestions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.