Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829028 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2015
Congrats o!!!So happy for you

My timeline is as follows:
Application received 19 Dec 2014
PER March 19
Processing April 2

Waiting for the rest... smiley
Luvmuma:
Dear All, to God be the glory my MR arrived yesterday by 6pm for me, my husband and children.
My timeline is below
FSWP
VO Accra
Application rec. 9th of Dec 2014
PER 25th of Feb,2015
Processing March 17 th ,2015
MR September 22, 2015

God will answer all of us as well in IJN

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lumzy1(m): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2015
JesusDWay:
This is goodnews people! Saskatchewan has reopened their Occupation-in-Demand PNP for an extra 1000 people. Check the site and click on Application Guide, scroll to the end of the application guide to see the list of occupation if yours is there. Wish us the best.

http://economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/occupations-in-demand

What if my occupation (Geologist) is not among the list, is it advisable to still apply?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
lumzy1:

What if my occupation (Geologist) is not among the list, is it advisable to still apply?

Ordinarily you should not apply but, the decision is left to you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
kosplateau:

no eca demand or is it CIC that will demand it?

ECA is not required, the programme is not exactly the same with the one they did in June as its not Express Entry related. Also, CIC does not specify required documents regarding PNPs, they are mainly processed by the individual provinces as the programmes are essentially that of the province, they only forward your details to CIC after they must have decided to take you and CIC then gives go ahead to issue visa. Read the below taken from their application guide:

"You must attach documents to support the information for the eligibility criteria and
points factors. For example, if you claim 20 points for having a university degree, you
must attach a copy of your university degree and complete transcripts. If your degree is
printed in a language other than English or French, you must also attach a translated
version".
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2015
bubsykay:

Thank you for the info! Do I have to be in the pool before I can apply for this? I withdrew my profile so I can upgrade my IELTS and also got my spouse to write, our result should by Monday and can get back in the pool.

You don't have to be in the pool, it's not Express Entry related. In addition, i'll say you complete the application process for this programme first before choosing to enter back into the pool. This is because they usually say one must demonstrate that you are really going to stay in their province and if they ask if you are in the pool and you indicate yes, it may be a risk because they can take it as an indication that you have interests in other provinces as well and as such, your chances of coming to their province is slim. This may make them not take you so, i suggest you apply to them first and see how it comes out before entering the pool. Although, your decision may be a bit compounded if your new IELTS will make you score sufficiently to get an ITA soom, in that instance, YOU ARE THEN ON YOUR OWN grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bubsykay: 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

You don't have to be in the pool, it's not Express Entry related. In addition, i'll say you complete the application process for this programme first before choosing to enter back into the pool. This is because they usually say one must demonstrate that you are really going to stay in their province and if they ask if you are in the pool and you indicate yes, it may be a risk because they can take it as an indication that you have interests in other provinces as well and as such, your chances of coming to their province is slim. This may make them not take you so, i suggest you apply to them first and see how it comes out before entering the pool. Although, your decision may be a bit compounded if your new IELTS will make you score sufficiently to get an ITA soom, in that instance, YOU ARE THEN ON YOUR OWN grin

Thank you for the infor boss! please I need an urgent response. what does "Enter the funds that you put in Box 4 of the Schedule 4" Schedule 4 Funds* mean? thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

ECA is not required, the programme is not exactly the same with the one they did in June as its not Express Entry related. Also, CIC does not specify required documents regarding PNPs, they are mainly processed by the individual provinces as the programmes are essentially that of the province, they only forward your details to CIC after they must have decided to take you and CIC then gives go ahead to issue visa. Read the below taken from their application guide:

"You must attach documents to support the information for the eligibility criteria and
points factors. For example, if you claim 20 points for having a university degree, you
must attach a copy of your university degree and complete transcripts. If your degree is
printed in a language other than English or French, you must also attach a translated
version".

I beg to differ, ECA is definitely required. This is an excerpt of one of the requirements 'you must have completed post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship equivalent [/b]that is comparable to the Canadian education system of at least one year in length[b] that has resulted in a diploma, a certificate or degree. This implies that you need to get an ECA so that the Canadian equivalency of your certificate or degree can be obtained, if not how are they going to know if your qualification is equivalent to a Canadian qualification?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
zandora:

I beg to differ, ECA is definitely required. This is an excerpt of one of the requirements 'you must have completed post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship equivalent [/b]that is comparable to the Canadian education system of at least one year in length[b] that has resulted in a diploma, a certificate or degree. This implies that you need to get an ECA so that the Canadian equivalency of your certificate or degree can be obtained, if not how are they going to know if your qualification is equivalent to a Canadian qualification?

I've applied to the programme before, ECA is not required. Read the below taken from the Application Guide, page 8 under Supporting Documents:

1. Education/Training Credentials
You must have completed a minimum of one year of post-secondary education or
training, which is comparable to the Canadian education system that has resulted in a
degree, diploma, certificate, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate.
You must submit documents to verify your training and/or post-secondary
education with one or more of the following:
 education/trade certificates, degrees or diplomas with a copy of official transcripts
wherever applicable, showing school(s) attended or courses taken;
 professional designations, professional licenses and/or professional association
memberships; and,
 certification of apprenticeship/certificate equivalent (that is verifiable and
comparable to the Canadian education system programs) with details of program
structure, courses, length and its administering or regulatory authority.

Most of your comments are very thorough but it appears you didn't read exhaustively on this. You may want to note it to try and avoid being assertive when you are giving a personal interpretation or implying from a quote
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

I've applied to the programme before, ECA is not required. Read the below taken from the Application Guide, page 8 under Supporting Documents:

1. Education/Training Credentials
You must have completed a minimum of one year of post-secondary education or
training, which is comparable to the Canadian education system that has resulted in a
degree, diploma, certificate, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate.
You must submit documents to verify your training and/or post-secondary
education with one or more of the following:
 education/trade certificates, degrees or diplomas with a copy of official transcripts
wherever applicable, showing school(s) attended or courses taken;
 professional designations, professional licenses and/or professional association
memberships; and,
 certification of apprenticeship/certificate equivalent (that is verifiable and
comparable to the Canadian education system programs) with details of program
structure, courses, length and its administering or regulatory authority.

Most of your comments are very thorough but it appears you didn't read exhaustively on this. You may want to note it to try and avoid being assertive when you are giving a personal interpretation or implying from a quote

Noted but what I was trying to say is that since they specifically asked that your education must be comparable to the Canadian education system how are they going to be able to compare it since immigration Canada usually asks for an ECA to be done in order to assess our qualification's equivalency to Canada's?

I found your comment quite rude though, I was only stating my opinion not spoiling for a fight. There are many other polite ways you could have used to send your message across.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

My wife and I are already in the pool, does it mean that we are not qualified to apply for the Saskatchewan Nomination Programme? Since you have applied before, practical tips are welcome please.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
zandora:

Noted but what I was trying to say is that since they specifically asked that your education must be comparable to the Canadian education system how are they going to be able to compare it since immigration Canada usually asks for an ECA to be done in order to assess our qualification's equivalency to Canada's?

I found your comment quite rude though, I was only stating my opinion not spoiling for a fight. There are many other polite ways you could have used to send your message across.
It is out of EE and ECA isn't necessary. I knew and that was y I asked if CIC will ask for it. Like he said, don't be assertive on things u don't know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekicedar: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
@ Jesus the way
How much is the proof of fund required for d Saskatchewan PNP?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
40manlappy:

My wife and I are already in the pool, does it mean that we are not qualified to apply for the Saskatchewan Nomination Programme? Since you have applied before, practical tips are welcome please.

Being in the pool doesn't stop you from applying, you can go ahead.

Well...just open your account on their portal and fill the information required. You will need to upload your work reference letter, certificates and transcripts, copy of your birth certificate and the data page of your international passport. Nothing much
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ekicedar:
@ Jesus the way
How much is the proof of fund required for d Saskatchewan PNP?

Check the application guide, you'll see it on their website, I've posted the link earlier. It depends on the number of people, I think it's similar to CIC's, over 11k for 1person, I think like 15k for 2 and a little over 18k for 3.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
Do I need to upload a proof of fund for the SINP application? Attention: JesusDWay
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
Have additional documents been requsted?
Luvmuma:
Dear All, to God be the glory my MR arrived yesterday by 6pm for me, my husband and children.
My timeline is below
FSWP
VO Accra
Application rec. 9th of Dec 2014
PER 25th of Feb,2015
Processing March 17 th ,2015
MR September 22, 2015

God will answer all of us as well in IJN

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Joshcoli(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

Except you have a family or friend there who will stand in for you in Manitoba, I'll suggest you rather apply to Saskatchewan

OK, thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
The saskatchenwa pnp for the extra 1000 opened is closed as at this evening. Check image below popping up upon attempt to submit online;

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
kosplateau:

It is out of EE and ECA isn't necessary. I knew and that was y I asked if CIC will ask for it. Like he said, don't be assertive on things u don't know.

I've heard and I apologise. In that case I'm signing of this forum and won't be responding to any queries again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
zandora:

I've heard and I apologise. In that case I'm signing of this forum and won't be responding to any queries again.
OK... all d best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
zandora:

Noooooooo! Zandora please don't do that. Don't pick offenses and deny yourself access to thousands of people you have been and can be of help to on this forum. Tola 73 too seemed to have signed out.You guys should please recognise the fact that you are one of the most resourceful ppl on this forum and that your contributions are highly appreciated by thousands.Please consider your stance on signing out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bubsykay: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
zandora:

kosplateau:

OK... all d best.

@ kosplateau, I don't think that's a very good response thou! Zandora has been really helpful to a lot of us here on this forum and its best we encourage people like that, many of us comes here to get information and never for once answered any question, even when we have the accurate info, some does not even have an account on Nairaland. So its high time we motivated people that sacrifices their time and data to attend to other people's question. We can all be wrong sometimes but we learn everyday and that's the purpose of being here. No one is the sole custodian of information and even the wisest man has something yet to learn. its not for our sake at times but for the newbies and people coming behind.

@zandora! Thank you for the information, it was to the best of your knowledge at the time and none of us ever paid you for the accurate info you have been giving all the while, we shouldn't allow people's opinion to change who we are and signing off the forum isn't the best solution to the issue on ground. I will implore you to keep up the good work in your own capacity. Its always a seed and what goes around comes around! thank you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 12:19am On Sep 24, 2015
I think you should ignore the brute remarks and keep doing what you do best (helping people). Anyways, I'll always call you out of retirement like the Expendables!! No vex my paddy

zandora:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zizicomputer: 6:02am On Sep 24, 2015
Good day all.

Please does WES assess nig law sch qualification? I have law degree from U.I and hold a B.L from law school.

Can I apply for my transcript from law school and send it too?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zizicomputer: 6:05am On Sep 24, 2015
On d average please how long foes it take to get qualifications asssessed by WES?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 6:18am On Sep 24, 2015
ejirostephen:
The saskatchenwa pnp for the extra 1000 opened is closed as at this evening. Check image below popping up upon attempt to submit online;

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekicedar: 7:44am On Sep 24, 2015
JesusDWay:

Check the application guide, you'll see it on their website, I've posted the link earlier. It depends on the number of people, I think it's similar to CIC's, over 11k for 1person, I think like 15k for 2 and a little over 18k for 3.

Tanks,
Pls who should employer reference letter b addressed to so it can b used for express entry and any provincial nomination
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2015
zizicomputer:
On d average please how long foes it take to get qualifications asssessed by WES?

20 workdays other things being equal. Mine has taken longer already because WES sent documents to my school for verification.

Now, this doesn't pertain to the question. WES advise intending clients to choose International Courier (Can$85 +13% tax) option for document delivery. They claim not to be able to guarantee that documents sent through the Canada post (Can$7 +13%) would be delivered. Whereas, WES sends document to institutions using the Canada post.

In my opinion, these guys (the Whites) have put their place in order and now exploit anyone who wants to go there.
How many people have idle Can$12,000.00 in their account for 3months over there? But, if you want to go there, they will insist that you fulfill such or similar conditions.

I think Quebec condition for offering Immigrants Selection Certificates is more humane though. Can$3,016 for a single person and additional Can$1,400 for each adult coming along.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 40manlappy: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2015
JesusDWay:

Being in the pool doesn't stop you from applying, you can go ahead.

Well...just open your account on their portal and fill the information required. You will need to upload your work reference letter, certificates and transcripts, copy of your birth certificate and the data page of your international passport. Nothing much

Thanks JesusDWay

@the bolded above[b][/b]: You mean my current employer should give me a reference letter? shocked

You know how employers behave when they have information that you are proposing to leave? How feasible is that? Or previous employers?

Your response would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 24, 2015
oh No. not Zandora again! nairaland is a forum that has encouraged me to believe there is hope for humanity. people that painstakingly answer our questions to the best of their knowledge have started leaving the forum.
Jesusdway, you needed not have responded Zandora that way, especially in the last part of your response to him.
then kosplateau should have considered that Zandora was only helping out when he shared his view on the issue.
please, BringBackZandoraTola73DamkollinsSolomonwis and the host of these invaluable guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.