Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,105 members, 7,957,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Designing A Music Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Designing A Music Website (696 Views)

Popular Nigeria Music Website, Notjustok Hacked!! / Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) / Designing A Website: For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Designing A Music Website by adewasco2k(m): 4:54pm On May 04, 2013
A friend just sent me a mail about his project; setting up a website where people can download and listen to music's online whilst allow promotion of artist.

I am involved because I will be designing the website.

Now the problem is, I don't know much about music copyright law.

I sure know you can't just download someone's song and upload it for free online for people to listen and download.

Please I need your advice as he is also counting on me for advice concerning the copyright issue because that was one of the first questions i asked him immediately i read the mail!

Also if you have any other contributions to help the project, that will be well appreciated.
Re: Designing A Music Website by spikesC(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2013
Link to other uploaded songs and put up a disclaimer that you do and therefore...

The law is a b!t.ch wink

1 Like

Re: Designing A Music Website by adewasco2k(m): 5:23pm On May 04, 2013
@spikes C funny you! That's true but if we look at it this way you might be wrong.

Somebody can upload a song online illegally, with an anonymous ID, now I link to that song...I can still be held for the crime. Knowing that somebody is doing something wrong and I am still using that as a base!

Thanks anyways.
Re: Designing A Music Website by yawatide(f): 6:20pm On May 04, 2013
If you are actually "designing (from psd to html...no back end)" it, then I see why can't do it in true conscience.
Re: Designing A Music Website by adewasco2k(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
If you are actually "designing (from psd to html...no back end)" it, then I see why can't do it in true conscience.
Immediately I got the mail, what came to my mind was to design from scratch employing (html, jquery, php) but I just saw a wordpress theme which will suit that same project after a little tweaking here and there. So I'm kinda thinking I will employ the CMS thing as it will even be easier for the dude to manage.

Still expecting to here from you guys. I just don't trust wordpress security!
Re: Designing A Music Website by yawatide(f): 6:35am On May 05, 2013
Well, if you are good at wordpress and those guys won't pay you for updates, you can still use it but tell them not to ignore the WP notification to upgrade whenever it pops up.

On the other hand, if you are confident that your code will be more secure than WP's and you are paid enough for it, by all means, code it from scratch.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Designing A Music Website by adewasco2k(m): 8:30am On May 05, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Well, if you are good at wordpress and those guys won't pay you for updates, you can still use it but tell them not to ignore the WP notification to upgrade whenever it pops up.

On the other hand, if you are confident that your code will be more secure than WP's and you are paid enough for it, by all means, code it from scratch.

Good luck!
thanks dear

(1) (Reply)

How Useful Is Google Business Sitebuilder? / Post Your Site To 1000+ Social Bookmarks High Quality Backlinks + Ping + Rss For / Review This Website:www.hupducon.com But You Have Website Like This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.