Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge (7705 Views)

Robber Works For A Police Inspector In Lagos (Photo) / Police Inspector To Die By Hanging For Murder / Police Inspector Arrested For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by igbsam(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2013
Lagos – The Commissioner of Police in Lagos State, Mr Umar Manko, has announced the arrest of a Police Inspector for allegedly killing a man with his official rifle.

Manko made the disclosure in Lagos when he met with the newly-elected officers of the Crime Reporters Association of Nigeria (CRAN) on Friday.

The police commissioner said the suspect allegedly went for a distress call, but later committed the crime under unprofessional circumstances.

“We are not interested in what led to the distress call. But we are interested in the fact that a life was lost in the incident. The Inspector acted unprofessionally.

“He has spent 28 years in the Force, so he should have been more careful.

“Right now, he has been arrested and transferred to the State CID, Panti for investigation.

“He will be prosecuted for murder,’’ Manko who said he was ready to expose and deal with any police officer found wanting in the discharge of his duties said.

Until his arrest, the police inspector was attached to the Elere Police Division in Lagos State.

Meanwhile, Manko has emphasised the need for a level playing field for the police and journalists reporting crime to interact and exchange views as partners in the fight against crime.

The police commissioner decried speculations in reporting crime, saying journalists on the crime beat should try to cross check their facts before going to press with their stories.

“Let us be objective in our reportage. Let us build on the good relationship we share.

“If I do anything wrong and you publish it, I have no problem with that. But I will not be happy about outright falsehood,’’ he said.

Manko then congratulated the new officers of CRAN, asking them to help ensure a better working relationship.

“As long as I remain here as police commissioner, I will continue to partner with CRAN,’’ he said.

Earlier, the CRAN Chairman, Mr Christopher Oji, had said he and his team were in Manko’s office to introduce the new executive committee members to him.

“We are also here to intimate you with our yearly programmes,’’ he said.(NAN)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/police-inspector-arrested-over-alleged-accidental-discharge/

This incident actually happend in my hood. The guy was shot on his straight in the head.
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 04, 2013
How come his name was not mentioned? Am i missing something?

3 Likes

Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by kponkedenge(m): 11:15am On May 05, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by fantasyl: 11:23am On May 05, 2013
Snc it was an accident,justice shud be carried out
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by effisyman: 11:26am On May 05, 2013
He too should be discharge accidentally from the force.
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by sweetnigga(m): 11:28am On May 05, 2013
This is a pure murder case, nothing like accidental discharge story. His accident(gun) did not discharge while in his office till he got the distress call. INTENTIONAL KILLING jaree
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2013
As in sp.erm emission or wgat!!!!
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by skotch(m): 11:31am On May 05, 2013
Rip to the man, justice should prevail!
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Chimerase(m): 11:32am On May 05, 2013
Accidental discharge n u pull de trigger? undecided
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Opoki(m): 11:32am On May 05, 2013
I still wonder why the FG approved Riffle for Police, i think Side arm should have been better, although both are lethal weapon that needed to be handle with care but i think police don't need a rifle, they are meant to arrest and prosecute and if anybody is resisting arrest, they cab use baton, if the person has arm, then they can draw theirs and aim to disarm and arrest and not to kill.
Its just very insane when you see a police officer killing a civilian... Sad!

8 Likes

Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Raypawer(m): 11:37am On May 05, 2013
Just lyk dat life z lost because of a so called "accidental discharge" how sure am i of seafty in dis count3?
If the people paid to protect our intrest are so unprofesional?

Hm! Na only God d protect,

In God i Trust...
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Rexnegro(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2013
[/color][color=#770077]
I hope he face the law of the land...that's if we gat one for such people......cos Nigeria law is for the poor masses!
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Onyocha: 11:48am On May 05, 2013
sometimes when I see wreckless,begging,dirty-looking and tout-like police officers parading guns,i only look to God to protect the lives of innocent people.

the fact is many policemen do not deserve to carry guns as they are mentally unstable,and their poor conditions incite their ego and stir their emotions to prove themselves to others as being "worthy".talk about inferiority complex.

there is nothing as "accidental discharge".you either pull a trigger or not.this policeman should not have been taken to any panti criminal investigation unit.he should have been drastically treated in a just manner to teach other fools who are deceived by the feeling of carrying a gun.they forget that carrying a gun should be accompanied with the sense of responsibility for lives and property of innocent people, and understanding that it is meant to protect lives and not destroy lives.

I hope this beggar/robber in uniform rot in hell.useless man.

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by dedons: 12:13pm On May 05, 2013
Police is ur best friend grin

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:19pm On May 05, 2013
Dis Lag CP na action man o. As in he dey talk like Sango, he dey spit fire.
Keneking: How come his name was not mentioned? Am i missing something?
Na dem sabi the reason why dem hide his name. But dem no suppose do dat.
Meanwhile, Mr. Keneking. Are you ikeking?
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Capnd143(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2013
I think he should accidental face a Firing squad

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Originalsly: 3:15pm On May 05, 2013
Guess was not the first time....if inspector say it is accident who dare say it was not? Well...new sheriff in town and this is a warning to all in the force...nobody is above the law.
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Summersland(m): 3:19pm On May 05, 2013
Kill him too,no coment jareeeee
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by LETDEMSAY(f): 3:50pm On May 05, 2013
Keneking: How come his name was not mentioned? Am i missing something?
the truth is nothing will happen to the police insp as he will only the kept in a cell to prevent being lynched by the public, reason why his name was witheld.

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Reference(m): 4:38pm On May 05, 2013
Walther PPK.... licensed to kill or be killed....take him awaay.
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Policewoman(f): 7:11pm On May 05, 2013
His name is "classified" for now.
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by ceaser: 9:17pm On May 05, 2013
Reference: Walther PPK.... licensed to kill or be killed....take him awaay.

Walther PPK. Standard issue. MI6. Licence to kill or be killed

grin 007 For Your Eyes Only.
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by dannydolly: 9:57pm On May 05, 2013
From professionals, I learnt that there is nothing like an accidental discharge in riffle handling and there are very few situations you can even point a gun at people not to talk of firing at such. These days I'm afraid of even following police vehicles because of the way they handle their riffle... So unprofessional. They don't care if they point it at their father when they are suppose to point at at the floor always.
Mediocres and illiterates handling the security of the giant of africa.
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by donwilly3: 10:52pm On May 05, 2013
check weather na northerner him be if na northerner dey wil soon realease him so dat he will train more boko boyz nd kill more
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by isaco(m): 2:19am On May 06, 2013
B4 we judge let's try n reason well pls, ther is no profession u don't fine error or mistake as d case may be, we have seen Doctor who forgot knife inside a patient after surgery, we have seen an accountant who wrote #50,000,000 instead of #5,000,000, we have seen insect inside a bottle of soft drink b4, some lawyers quote wrong ref. In court, Governor a times embark on wrong project, even d president , house wife a time add too much of salt to soup e t c, we don't really note them because they r not carrying gun. Am not justifying d police Inspr, but trying to let u kno how risky d job can be. Now, apart from being a police man, have u not seen wife killing husband mistakenly b4, broda killing broda etc. One has to kno d details of d incident b4 we conclude, RIP to d man!
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by ABAKA72(m): 7:04am On May 06, 2013
isaco: B4 we judge let's try n reason well pls, ther is no profession u don't fine error or mistake as d case may be, we have seen Doctor who forgot knife inside a patient after surgery, we have seen an accountant who wrote #50,000,000 instead of #5,000,000, we have seen insect inside a bottle of soft drink b4, some lawyers quote wrong ref. In court, Governor a times embark on wrong project, even d president , house wife a time add too much of salt to soup e t c, we don't really note them because they r not carrying gun. Am not justifying d police Inspr, but trying to let u kno how risky d job can be. Now, apart from being a police man, have u not seen wife killing husband mistakenly b4, broda killing broda etc. One has to kno d details of d incident b4 we conclude, RIP to d man!
will you fucking shut up mr man, have you ever heard of accidental discharge in the army, navy or air force, are the police the only security agency that carry weapons. there are a lot of irresponsible criminals in the Nigerian police force period.

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by igbsam(m): 7:40am On May 06, 2013
isaco: B4 we judge let's try n reason well pls, ther is no profession u don't fine error or mistake as d case may be, we have seen Doctor who forgot knife inside a patient after surgery, we have seen an accountant who wrote #50,000,000 instead of #5,000,000, we have seen insect inside a bottle of soft drink b4, some lawyers quote wrong ref. In court, Governor a times embark on wrong project, even d president , house wife a time add too much of salt to soup e t c, we don't really note them because they r not carrying gun. Am not justifying d police Inspr, but trying to let u kno how risky d job can be. Now, apart from being a police man, have u not seen wife killing husband mistakenly b4, broda killing broda etc. One has to kno d details of d incident b4 we conclude, RIP to d man!

You are a foooooool
Re: Police Inspector Arrested For Accidental Discharge by Jeanfortune(f): 12:17pm On May 06, 2013
[

(1) (Reply)

Eiye/maphite Cult Group Clash With Aye In Benin City / This Guy Has Absconded With Over N10billion Worth Of People's Investment / Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.