Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London (17964 Views)

BankyW Pleads With Teebillz, Tunji Balogun As He Hints At Committing Suicide / Davido, Phyno & BankyW At Quilox Easter Pool Party(photos) / Olamide, Bankyw, Wizkid At Pool Party With Sexy Bikini Ladies (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by supaeagles(m): 5:37pm On May 05, 2013
valencia25: NL mods on hols.
More like their brains are on hols!
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by ASPchris(m): 5:37pm On May 05, 2013
Babzilla: THE HEADMASTER HAS SPOKEN
I HEAR SAY NA 2 VISA HIM USE GO JAND
1 4 HIM 1 FOR HIS HEAD
I rather have big head and been famous than small head and been nobody.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 05, 2013
bbpreye.:

Smh!
smh for you too.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by ninja4life(m): 5:40pm On May 05, 2013
hawtpeck: i am so into dis guy i wish he can hv a taste of me.i bet he wld luv 2 die 4 eva wit it.
GOLD DIGGER BARAO
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 05, 2013
ItsModella:
smh for you too.

What do I did to you?
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Policewoman(f): 6:03pm On May 05, 2013
BEREMTHEASHEWO:
Amam na obu nke tonto dike ka ichoro na FP

BEREMTHEASHEWO? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Is that you Berem nwanne m nwanyi?
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Policewoman(f): 6:10pm On May 05, 2013
hawtpeck: i am so into dis guy i wish he can hv a taste of me.i bet he wld luv 2 die 4 eva wit it.

KEEP ON DREAMING GIRL/GUY.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Policewoman(f): 6:16pm On May 05, 2013
Chimdiadi:
mumu, hw ur own head be?

Back to sender.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Policewoman(f): 6:18pm On May 05, 2013
sheyie2007: his head fine pass ur family generation head put together
Don't bet on that kid. I'm not an ajekpako like u. tongue
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Policewoman(f): 6:28pm On May 05, 2013
bbpreye.:

What do I did to you?

GBAGAUN!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by brownsug(f): 6:32pm On May 05, 2013
Abi o even some pple s g/friend wish d guy is their man abi I lie,

GraceBestowed: He looks nice. Oh, and the head jokes are getting soooo old!!
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by zhirinmai(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2013
Look at d bright side and stop saying negative tins. Good 1 there
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nuzo1(m): 6:52pm On May 05, 2013
First of all, congrats to Banky!

When the news came up that he would be one of the speakers at the prestigious conference, I thot it was life changing for him and African youths.

Now I think it can only be life changing for him. Such gathering is more of a fiesta for the elites and their kids to remind themselves of who they are to the society. Its also a good avenue for entertainers to advertise themseelves. Nothing wrong with that tho'.

Just like Dejgan said, I rather have one revolutionary song in Banky's latest album than listen to hundreds of speeches from a celebrity from the podium of Oxford Uni.

Eedris Abdulkareem and Blackface are two "my" list of the least talented musicians Nigeria has ever produced, yet..."Nigeria jaga jaga" and "Hard life" have created more awareness among Nigerian youths than 1000 speechs in far away Oxford could create.

"E be like say they want to tell us another story o".

1 Like

Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 05, 2013
niggadee: mr olori agbon

The guy is making impact you are there saying olori agbon... Will you ever get to speak at a conference such as this?... Thats what you should be thinking.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 05, 2013
Policewoman: See his big head grin By the way how did this make FP with only 1 comment?

SMH
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 05, 2013
dejgan: really, what impact is banky w making in the political scene with his music? Tuface, Sound Sultan and Femi Kuti to me seems to be the few ones engaging this dirty politicians with their music.....Tu baba's "E be like say" song will forever remain relevant in educating the masses about who to vote for...Sound Sultan has done several works in addressing corruption both within the elites and the masses....Femi has continued the legacy of his father in calling the political class to order....but Banky W....??

While it is true that he is yet to release an LP to that effect, he does not say one thing and do the opposite. When Jonathan was being romanced by all and sundry before the election, Banky and Eldee looked away and distanced themselves. Banky actually prides himself as a civil rights activist, he was very vocal about his position during the subsidy protests when some 'ran' away on the pretext of being busy. Finally, there is a dated collabo with ID Cabasa called Independence song which has some political message in it. I don't think a political 'LP' would be easy to pull off in his genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqpEqh4srQ

Tuface lost all the respect I have for him when he accepted Akpabio's wedding gift.

1 Like

Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Maximus85(m): 7:17pm On May 05, 2013
Banky HEAD ward Wellington.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 05, 2013
Maximus85: Banky HEAD ward Wellington.

Policewoman: See his big head grin By the way how did this make FP with only 1 comment?

grin
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by aniiii(f): 8:16pm On May 05, 2013
very handsome fella kiss
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by femliany(m): 9:20pm On May 05, 2013
ma wo ori e.no wonder e dey use hat alwayz
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 05, 2013
50calibre:

Do you think this is funny? You laugh at his head, while he laughs at your bank account.

MR. BANKY W PRO
URE A VILLAGER, A REAL BUSHMAN.
HOW MY ACCOUNT TAKE CONCERN HIS MIGHTY HEAD?
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by slimmoney(m): 11:41pm On May 05, 2013
bbpreye.:

What do I did to you?
grin
bbpreye.:

What do I did to you?
gbagaun extra
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Tininitanana(m): 12:20am On May 06, 2013
ednut1: hammer head of horror
wicked mouth grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Revolva(m): 1:23am On May 06, 2013
Banky W..looks so comfortable....he went to the best school abroad and has so much connection....and opportunities..am sure his lifestyle and music. especially does not speaks for the average Nigerian the suffering masses...so Good luck to him.. with his speech @ Oxford...whatever..dat wont put Garri on an average Fan table....jare...na dem sabi....
much respect to Sound sultan, Femi kuti Seun Kuti, Tuface.....Idris ....and more of them that uses their music to torment the government
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Slankey: 4:19am On May 06, 2013
GraceBestowed: He looks nice. Oh, and the head jokes are getting soooo old!!

It's not actually a joke, he's got a big head, it's obvious...
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by scobaba: 4:26am On May 06, 2013
naijababe:

While it is true that he is yet to release an LP to that effect, he does not say one thing and do the opposite. When Jonathan was being romanced by all and sundry before the election, Banky and Eldee looked away and distanced themselves. Banky actually prides himself as a civil rights activist, he was very vocal about his position during the subsidy protests when some 'ran' away on the pretext of being busy. Finally, there is a dated collabo with ID Cabasa called Independence song which has some political message in it. I don't think a political 'LP' would be easy to pull off in his genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqpEqh4srQ

Tuface lost all the respect I have for him when he accepted Akpabio's wedding gift.

Banky W is no civil right activist. He's just not into PDP.
He has eyes for politics and this will manifest soon.

As for 2face...I don't see anything wrong with accepting gifts from your governor.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by scobaba: 4:41am On May 06, 2013
bbpreye.:

What do I did to you?

People are here shouting gbagaun gbagaun, its possibly a slip in writing, which could happen to anyone or BBpreye purposely did it to amuse 'itsmodella' and hence douse the tension building btwn him and her on the Banky trend.

Little play like this makes even the hardest of women smile.

1 Like

Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by phineas: 6:44am On May 06, 2013
Banky W is one of the few artists with proven patroitic interest above self.He has spoken out against bad governance many times at a risk to his carrear in the music industry,He spoke up against subsidy,and bad governance,he sided with the masses,he came out and spoke not just release a filmsy press statement,He did the famous change video that played after amanpours jonathan interview,the one y'all hailed,

He started a Mr capable foundation which has awarded so many scholarships and done lots of good work in Nigeria.

I hate it when people criticize blindly,a simple google search would have helped,lastly he gave an intelligent speech @ that conference a risk I won't take with most Nigerian artists,when I heard he was the one nominated,I wasn't afraid of him embarrasing the nation and in turn,he repped naija.

Give respect where it is due people,Banky W has earned his name and place as a patroit.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by phineas: 6:51am On May 06, 2013
Revolva: Banky W..looks so comfortable....he went to the best school abroad and has so much connection....and opportunities..am sure his lifestyle and music. especially does not speaks for the average Nigerian the suffering masses...so Good luck to him.. with his speech @ Oxford...whatever..dat wont put Garri on an average Fan table....jare...na dem sabi....
much respect to Sound sultan, Femi kuti Seun Kuti, Tuface.....Idristhey've succeeded in ruining the quiet ambience of my hal ....and more of them that uses their music to torment the government

Music is about art, that conference was on the impact of african arts.Do you guyz read up about this things before you comment at all? Did you see an excerpt of the speech? Try to,and pls note ur school or circumstance is not what limits you in life,its your thinking process that does.
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 7:35am On May 06, 2013
scobaba:

People are here shouting gbagaun gbagaun, its possibly a slip in writing, which could happen to anyone or BBpreye purposely did it to amuse 'itsmodella' and hence douse the tension building btwn him and her on the Banky trend.

Little play like this makes even the hardest of women smile.

I never knew intellectuals like this are on this forum!

I owe you one basin of garri!, itsmodella too.

1 Like

Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by Nobody: 8:08am On May 06, 2013
The same suit every where.....
Re: BankyW At Oxford University Pan African Conference In London by gistme24(m): 8:33am On May 06, 2013
For those questioning Banky's political dispositions, here is a picture of him during the fuel subsidy protest. He marched with the protesters and mingled with the crowd from Ikorodu road, anthony, all the way to Ojota and even bought refreshments for some.

Must he be a radical person like Fela ?
Let the man be and quit the hating.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Richard Mofe-Damijo Dances To Kizz Daniel’s 4DAYZ (Video) / Osas Ighodaro Rocks Peacock Feathers Outfit To Oceans 8 Movie Premiere / Kamal Ajiboye Now Seyi Shay’s Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.