Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? (1335 Views)

Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It / Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 04, 2013
Please suggest whatever you do to reduce the pain.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 05, 2013
Got a doctor house, thanks for nothing!
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by josite: 3:21pm On May 05, 2013
sex reduces the pain.we tried it and it works consistently
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by Sissy3(f): 12:15am On May 06, 2013
pain medication esp few days leading up to first day
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 07, 2013
josite: sex reduces the pain.we tried it and it works consistently
Lol, do you even know what dysmenorrhea is? What you have is just abdominal pain. With dysmenorrhea, all you do is cry and fold up.

This is like comparing joint ache from a hard day's work to joint ache from scd. They are both aches but the latter usually ends with the sufferer being exhausted and even needing a transfusion while all the former needs is sleep and at worst a mild pain killer.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by Sissy3(f): 11:25pm On May 07, 2013
Which kind of dysmenorrhea does she have? primary (common menstrual cramps) or secondary (more severe debilitating pain)?
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 08, 2013
~Sissy~:
Which kind of dysmenorrhea does she have? primary (common menstrual cramps) or secondary (more severe debilitating pain)?
secondary, she didn't see her period last month and the pain came for 2 months at once.
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by baby124: 1:26am On May 09, 2013
Take pain medicine. Are you in Nigeria? There is one my mum used to give me. I will ask her for the name. It is small and coated with a sweet coating. It worked like magic for me when I had it bad. Also taking a hot shower will help. Massaging her back and putting warm towels on her stomach and back also works wonders. Another wonder worker is drinking lots of warm water before and during the period, really really helps. 8-10 glasses a day. She should stay away from sweet things too. Age also helps, with time, mine reduced a lot. Don't forget to have her take iron tablets for like a week after the period to replenish the blood she has lost. Goodluck!
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by Sissy3(f): 1:42am On May 09, 2013
blink182: secondary, she didn't see her period last month and the pain came for 2 months at once.

I'd suggest to see a doctor to properly look at her medical history and know if it is endometriosis or adenomyosis or something else. And possibly do a pelvic exam and other scans to make sure. Someone i know, early 30s, have been having debilitating periods all her life, not until recently did she finally get checked out by a doctor. the doctor initially dismissed her and prescribed pain med, but she insisted to have more exam done, she found out she had endometriosis hence the many years of dying in silent pain. She's pain free now. Please let her see a doctor instead of relying on temporary pain meds that doesnt treat the underlying issue
Re: Ladies How Do You Cope With Dysmenorrhea? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 09, 2013
~Sissy~:

I'd suggest to see a doctor to properly look at her medical history and know if it is endometriosis or adenomyosis or something else. And possibly do a pelvic exam and other scans to make sure. Someone i know, early 30s, have been having debilitating periods all her life, not until recently did she finally get checked out by a doctor. the doctor initially dismissed her and prescribed pain med, but she insisted to have more exam done, she found out she had endometriosis hence the many years of dying in silent pain. She's pain free now. Please let her see a doctor instead of relying on temporary pain meds that doesnt treat the underlying issue
Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Unknown Home-made Ways To Make Ur Skin Beautiful Forever. / Prevent Your bosoms From Saggin / How Dogs Ate Boy Alive....!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.