Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Where Can I Get Datasources For These Apps - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where Can I Get Datasources For These Apps (848 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get Datasources For These Apps by kambo(m): 12:35am On May 05, 2013
for making a dictionary, Bible application Etc. The alternatve is to hand type the data into a computer. Which is Unattractive. Cant find suitable free apps or datasources online. If u've created anysuch data centrc apps , how did u source d data. Mayb contactg d paperback version publishers may help but i tot google wud b my friend here.
Re: Where Can I Get Datasources For These Apps by Kidstell: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
Unzip or unpack any application with such for example bible.jar should be renamed to anyname.zip then extract and preview all folders and files you should find at a file or folder with a text file. Sometimes this text file has either a strange extension(eg .dat, .p etc) or none at all. Usually don't expect the file to be plain text. When i examined that of happy potter's ebook . Every xter even ordinary space (ascii 000) was seperated by an invisible xter (ascii 032). I don't know the platform you are working on. But i suggest you try some phone applications like 'class editor' 'blue ftp' 'opera solibay' they help you see the strange characters identify thier numerical representation and hence replace them. I don't know/have any application that does this on computers. But i have written simple scripts/codes that can do these task easily.
Lastly it s possible that you could not find the text file, download for another version/edition/author until you find one with the text file. Some are written in binary i would not disturb my self with binary files. Find me on facebook.com/adetj for chat
Re: Where Can I Get Datasources For These Apps by Nyt: 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Kidstell: Unzip or unpack any application with such for example bible.jar should be renamed to anyname.zip then extract and preview all folders and files you should find at a file or folder with a text file. Sometimes this text file has either a strange extension(eg .dat, .p etc) or none at all. Usually don't expect the file to be plain text. When i examined that of happy potter's ebook . Every xter even ordinary space (ascii 000) was seperated by an invisible xter (ascii 032). I don't know the platform you are working on. But i suggest you try some phone applications like 'class editor' 'blue ftp' 'opera solibay' they help you see the strange characters identify thier numerical representation and hence replace them. I don't know/have any application that does this on computers. But i have written simple scripts/codes that can do these task easily.
Lastly it s possible that you could not find the text file, download for another version/edition/author until you find one with the text file. Some are written in binary i would not disturb my self with binary files. Find me on facebook.com/adetj for chat

More apps for txt too? I think this verges on overkill. What if the designer modified, split or converted d txt to suit his logic?

You can find txts & some other formats @ http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/ try googling too b4

@kidstell u can jst take note of the ENCODING of the file and convert back to whatever u need.I'm guessing u're relying on ur browsers unicode support
Re: Where Can I Get Datasources For These Apps by Nyt: 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Kidstell: Unzip or unpack any application with such for example bible.jar should be renamed to anyname.zip then extract and preview all folders and files you should find at a file or folder with a text file. Sometimes this text file has either a strange extension(eg .dat, .p etc) or none at all. Usually don't expect the file to be plain text. When i examined that of happy potter's ebook . Every xter even ordinary space (ascii 000) was seperated by an invisible xter (ascii 032). I don't know the platform you are working on. But i suggest you try some phone applications like 'class editor' 'blue ftp' 'opera solibay' they help you see the strange characters identify thier numerical representation and hence replace them. I don't know/have any application that does this on computers. But i have written simple scripts/codes that can do these task easily.

More apps for txt too? I think this verges on overkill. What if the designer modified, split or converted d txt to suit his logic?

You can find txts & some other formats @ http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/ try googling too b4

@kidstell u can jst take note of the ENCODING of the file and convert back to whatever u need.I'm guessing u're currently relying on ur browsers unicode support

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Datasources For These Apps by Kidstell: 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nyt.:

@kidstell u can jst take note of the ENCODING of the file and convert back to whatever u need.I'm guessing u're currently relying on ur browsers unicode support
you get the logic i identify the strange invisible xters then use simple script in basic fortran and other languages. If it is a visible xter i just use find and replace feature of notepad. These xters are sometimes there because the plain text file was re-written by a similar script to div into logic

(1) (Reply)

C++/c Compilers Are So Bad. / Using AJAX For Server Side Compiling / Code Is Poetry - 5 Steps To Bullet Proof Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.