Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (1624 Views)

I Feel My Gpa Is Too Low For A Start,what Should I Do Great Nairalanders? / 'i Feel Like Crying For Nigerian Universities'-tam David-west / I Feel Like Standing On Top Of My Head! (2) (3) (4)

. by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 05, 2013
Re: . by zumarock8(m): 12:36pm On May 05, 2013
take heart bro, dnt commit sucide and dont feel frustrated, life goes on, try pre-dgree. Or direct entry if ur so deperate to enter school, evrything happens for a reason wethere good or bad only GOD knows. So cheer up ur not alone.
Re: . by economia: 12:50pm On May 05, 2013
Take heart. Try adjacent alternative
Re: . by ajasa4link: 1:00pm On May 05, 2013
Sup bro,I understand how U̶̲̥̅̊ feel but failing JAMB į̸̸̨§ not †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ end of †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ world.. Ȋ̝̊̅†̥'s not falling down that makes U̶̲̥̅̊ a failure,but falling down and failure to rise again that makes U̶̲̥̅̊ a failure... I ђƏνЄ a friend i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ same department with me i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ school,he finished secondary school i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2003 when I was just i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ jss1 or 2 and being a very intelligent guy he's been writing jamb each year since 2003 and for once never scored below 250.. But he was always denied admission majorly by unilag and some other schools.. Along †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ line,he had to take poly jamb which he passed at once and was admitted to study accounting at yabatech.. Even as at that,he kept writing jamb each year while he was i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ yabatech,but he was still denied admission... Now fast forward to 2009 when he was abt to finish his programme i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ yabatech,he applied for jamb as usual and chose unilag and lasu and once again unilag denied him admission...but he was finally admitted by lasu his 2nd choice along with a small boy like me who just finished secondary school i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2008... But what I want to bring out of all this į̸̸̨§ that while he was writing jamb and running his ond programme,he enrolled for ican and started from †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ scratch. Today,he į̸̸̨§ an ond holder, O̶̲̥̅̊п̥̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ stage away from becoming a qualified chartered accountant and i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ abt 3 to 4months time he Ѡill be graduating with a very strong 2.1 bsc insurance...and he even told me once he į̸̸̨§ tru with ican he į̸̸̨§ moving to cis(chartered institute of stockbrokers)... So U̶̲̥̅̊ see,once U̶̲̥̅̊ can get urself together and plan out things, U̶̲̥̅̊ can always make up for †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ lost time...shalom

Re: . by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 05, 2013
I did not fail. My subject and their result are just missing. I only saw english 49 aggregate 49
Re: . by ajasa4link: 1:26pm On May 05, 2013
coded80: I did not fail. My subject and their result are just missing. I only saw english 49 aggregate 49
shit happens bro, U̶̲̥̅̊ just ђƏνЄ to get over it... †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ guy I told U̶̲̥̅̊ abt up there never failed jamb for once,he was just unlucky... Suicide į̸̸̨§ not †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ answer, U̶̲̥̅̊ should try and engage i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ something productive pending †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ time U̶̲̥̅̊ Ѡill get ur heart desire
Re: . by Emylexray(m): 1:43pm On May 05, 2013
Bro, i understand how you feel, examination in Nigeria today is not the true test of knowledge. I got 203 in my first JAMB after burning candles and reading my eyes out, infact, i incured migrane (a severe headache) upon myself due to my ceaseless reading. When i saw the result, i almost took my life. So many thoughts kept crossing my mind. After encouragements from some friends and my family that truly know my academic worth, i decided to give my all in my post UME. I did, and passed the cut-off mark, lo and behold, my name was still missing in the admission list. A girl that i even got more than made the list. Will i kill myself? No! So it is, dust yourself up and move on!

Re: . by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:18pm On May 05, 2013
Is it a must u goto oau.?. Better wise up and move on. Had a friend that chose OAU for over 6yrs and still no admission till he went to ilorin.
Re: . by goldfish80(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2013
Op take heart, plz don't die. You can still make it... Someone like Nelson Mandela failed exams time απϑ time after again but today he is the most popular person on earth, you can read up his biography..am sure oga Seun must have failed Jamb or one other exam at one point but that didn't stop him. failing exam is never enough reason to take ones life,be steadfast.
Re: . by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:33pm On May 05, 2013
Bill gate once said: I failed in some subjects while in sch while my frnd passed in all subjects. Today he is an Engineer with microsoft while am the CEO

Re: . by sagaciousblog: 3:06pm On May 05, 2013
MINE IS STILL SAYING ~NO RESULT YET~ I JST WISH THERE IS A WAY TO SUE JAMB OR IF POSSIBLE BURN DOWN THEIR HEAD OFFICE...BOKO HARAM SHUD DO SOMETHING O
Re: . by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 05, 2013
ULSHERLAN: Bill gate once said: I failed in some subjects while in sch while my frnd passed in all subjects. Today he is an Engineer with microsoft while am the CEO
bill gates was one of the best students in his high school he scored 1590 out of 1600 in his SATS before going to harvard he was a genius please stop lying to make a point.

Re: . by Denlightened(m): 5:11pm On May 05, 2013
Brother,Its really sad and I feel your pain but suicide is not an option because you know yourself;a brilliant chap.
I graduated from secondary school last year,got 240 in my JAMB and 272 in my post-UTME into OAU Ile Ife but I was denied an admission to study law...
Lest I forget,I made all my papers in the WASSCE with the exception of mathematics where I got D7...
What this meant was that I had to go back to secondary school,sit in the same classroom with my juniors and all sorts of humiliation and I am presently writing another WAEC....
Honestly,I felt I was alone in this world and the world meant nothing to me but with God,I believe that this is my time...
The only advise I can give to you is to go to God in prayers and he will never disappoint you...
Meanwhile,I got 233 in my JAMB this year,ie 7 less than what I got last year but I'm still believing God and I know that my post-UTME into UNIBEN will be better in Jesus' name.
#It is well#
Re: . by Wisetalk1: 5:23pm On May 05, 2013
Take heart. This is not the end of the world.
Re: . by SincereBigot: 5:24pm On May 05, 2013
abeg o.. e b like sey person need rope o..

But must everybody study economics, law,medicine?.. Only if u guys know u will be competing with more than 4,000 candidates.. Out of those 4000, at least 500 will be over qualified for the course and they can only admit 150.. So what happens to the remaining 350 over qualified candidates?
Re: . by otokx(m): 7:17pm On May 05, 2013
Sincere Bigot: abeg o.. e b like sey person need rope o..

But must everybody study economics, law,medicine?.. Only if u guys know u will be competing with more than 4,000 candidates.. Out of those 4000, at least 500 will be over qualified for the course and they can only admit 150.. So what happens to the remaining 350 over qualified candidates?
no mind them
Re: . by neversaynever(m): 9:37pm On May 05, 2013
Sincere Bigot: abeg o.. e b like sey person need rope o..

Bro, your comment is not the least bit encouraging. Should a student he discouraged from going for a course just because some 4000 other students are going for it? Every student should have a fighting spirit and equal chance. BTW, the OP didn't fail, just didn't get his result because of some issues
@ OP, you should go to jamb office to complain. The 'eyah' and 'sorry' comments you'll get from here won't solve any problem.
Re: . by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:02pm On May 05, 2013
tensazangetsu: bill gates was one of the best students in his high school he scored 1590 out of 1600 in his SATS before going to harvard he was a genius please stop lying to make a point.
seems we have bill's course mate on here accusing me. Btw who talked about his high sch days. So for the fact that he was a genius in high sch automatically makes him a genius all tru. Bro/sis please use ur brains*am sori* and fark ur ITK“ aTtitude

Career Wildlife Management,or Wildlife And Ecotourism,or An Aspirant,lets Meet / 27 UNN Students Dies On Their Way Home After Been Forced To Vacate School / 2015/2016 Unilag Postgraduate Now Out (PAST QUESTIONS AVAILABLE)