Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Your First Attemt At Alcohol - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your First Attemt At Alcohol (1458 Views)

When You Take Too Much Alcohol[funny pix] / Myths About Alcohol / Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your First Attemt At Alcohol by robby1(m): 2:55am On Apr 17, 2008
Ok the topic is quite clear. How and what happened when you first tried alcohol?
Here is mine:

The first time i tried alcohol, i didnt relly know what it was. It was star and it was offered for tasting by one labourer dude to me and my little' sis.  I was 7.

So when i really got the real taste of alochol, my elder (and only) bro was always emphasizing how wonderful the stuff was and i didnt agree with him. at a point i decided to gain some experience to know what he was talkin' of so i decide to take some alcohol. . . . . . i made the wrong choice of drink. . . . . .Shnapps!

I went into my dad's room (i think i was in j.s.3 then) took a bottle of shnapps, corked it open and downed more than half and 5 mins later . . . . . . . .  . . . . .  i went mad!
i went to my sisters who didnt know what i have been up to and i was  beign really stupid (i was trying to touch their boobs lol cheesy i was very silly)  and the percieved the alcohol in my breath.  They had to call one of my close aunties for help because i was beign very very silly and she adviced them to force sugar into my throat to stop the drunkeness . that didnt work. i hated to eat sugar raw anyway. Then my brother came home. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

He was really really HUGE. He tried so much to bring me to my sence by slapping me several times with his huge palm. i stupidly put up a fight with him and he beat the shnapps out of me.
Ok i'll stop here. the rest is a long story.

What's yours?
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by clemcykul(f): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2008
lol at ur experience grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by iice(f): 2:31am On Apr 19, 2008
Dunno how old i was. . .mon pere gave me my first taste grin grin
Didn't touch it again till when i entered college (legal now) tongue
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by ikamefa(f): 2:39am On Apr 19, 2008
iice:

Dunno how old i was. . .mon pere gave me my first taste ;[/b]D grin
Didn't touch it again till when i entered college (legal now) tongue

" grin " same here my dad gave me my 1st taste of beer

i think twas Star larger! grin

he gave me a sip one night!

the next night when nobody was at home went into the fridge took out a whole bottle and drank it

next thing i remember was feeling very sleepy, i fell asleep right there with the empty bottle in front of me " grin "

in any case when they all got back , i got the [b]" best "
beating of my life from my father grin cheesy grin cheesy that night

but did that stop me ? tongue wink
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2008
well, ive never really gone out to drink but my dad made us drink with him at home. he'd get beer from the fridge or some spirit from the bar and ask us to get cups for ourselves. then he'd share the contents of the bottle amongst all of us.

although i dont drink or smoke i believe he made us open up to alcohol.
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2008
Went to a party didn't know alcohol tasted like 'that' so when i first got the vodka bottle i started by drinking it as if it was water, yuck
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by robby1(m): 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2008
iice:

Dunno how old i was. . .mon pere gave me my first taste (legal now) tongue

ikamefa:

OMO IBO:

well, ive never really gone out to drink but my dad made us drink with him at home.

You guys seem to have cool dads grin
Oh i dream of the day i'll discuss important issues with him over a glass of vodka and ice. cheesy
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by babycool(f): 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2008
Was in school, I was about 19 then, i went with a bunch of guys who stay at my neigbourhood to a party at a neigbouring village, it was 1.00am in the morning and i was cold, one of the boy cajoled me to keep sipping some gin to keep me warm, i was sipping gradually and talking till i finished a small bottle of chelsea, the guy thought i was drunk i started runing his hands along my thigh, telling me that he loves me, i jumped up in shock and embarassement and rushed into the dance floor only to discover that my head was spinning.

I spent the rest of that morning sipping 'pure water' so that i could get my self together, one of the boys(a gentle man) had to back me half way to home!!!
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by lucabrasi(m): 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2008
followed one of our drivers into town during one of our family trips to my home town,had a lil too much palm wine sampling and started running round the compound when we got home and had to be soaked in the tub and then had a loooooon g sleep , seconf attempt uncles house and tried red wine with my big bro urging me and my other bro on,we got proper drunk and was staggering my dad noticed and told my brother off,slept all through till like 2.pm then woke up with an headache and couldnt eat for a while,now an expert wink
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2008

Me too but I ended up getting sick and vomitting through out the next day and I wasn't even up to the age of five. He's always telling me the story of how my mother wanted to kill him for doing that. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by mohawkchic(f): 4:16am On May 05, 2008
~Lmao @ Y'll Posts  cheesy

~My Mum occassionally had a pint of beer,half a glass of Baileys,my father i heard drank Campari,never saw him drinking it!!There was always Hard Liquor in the house,other than the two mentioned,the rest were mainly for guests!! So naturally when ever there were guests,all the choices of Hard Liqour are displayed,It was one of these many nights of my parents entertaining guests that i attempted to taste what i thought was cola for Adults!!

~I was 10 years old, Y'll know how deceiving whiskey can look like Cola right,in my mind i thought yea its prolly just some special drink,there was a half a glass of Whiskey left in the glass by one of the guests, embarassed so i gulped it down quick,Lord have mercy!!lol,bear in mind my parents walked the guests to the door,i didnt have time to sip it cheesy the whiskey burned the back of my throat,i almost choked on it,i rushed to the Bathroom to brush my teeth,i drank lots of water too,i promised myself i will Never ever drink that horrible drink,little did i know i was about to discover a much more pleasnt one Baileys Irish Cream!!! Aah even thu i'd often wondered what the Baileys tasted like,it wasnt untill i evesdrop my mum saying it tasted like milk that got my curiousity to want to try it grin so naturally,just in case i got caught,i convinced my sister we shud try it by turing it on the lid on the bottle,and since the bottle was already opened,it wasnt likely we wudnt get caught grin

~Mama mia,creamy,milky~Umm Noow there was the  tatse of Alcohol i liked!! A Lot!!~you know back home there's a proverb that  says "wetin sweet goat nar e go run e belleh"  meaning You do something once and get away with it,you keep doing it over and over again,and sometimes there is bound to be consequences/get caught  !!

~I'd have 2/4 "shots" of the Baileys every chance i get,sometimes with my sis,most times without her,come to think of it am dam sure she had her turns too b/c soon enough the bottle was almost empty, shocked shocked,then we started arguing over who's had more that the other,{Aaaw memories aye,am LMAO typing this }, we knew we were in big trouble and i was more scared of my sister owning up if confronted so i thought of a brilliant idea,fill the bottle with water and milk shocked  grin N  I shoved the bottle right at the back,i kept diluting each bootle of Baileys that came to the house, my mum never noticed,bet the guests might have wondered though if the knew the taste ,seeing it wasnt a common drink back then i bet some of  them might have thought it tasted like that grin i never got caught/ drunk but i certainly got sick of it,prolly that milky taste,am not keen on Baileys now as an Adult either wink
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by aloib(f): 12:11pm On May 05, 2008
lol, i dunno how i started sef, i sha know i used to have brandy dhots with my dad,
then hanging out with some asians in naija, every sun drinking galore cool
beer beacme my fav, but now i cut down on beer
brandy and vodka r just mwahhhh tongue cool
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by Ajebota(f): 6:45pm On May 05, 2008
first time I tried it I was about 6 years old. i sneakily sipped my grandpa's mug of star beer grin

But the 1st time I really drank alcohol was at one oyinbo classmate's party. The dude duped me into downing 2 shots of [b]40%[/b]alcohol, not funny!!! angry Anyways I am in 'omuti' country, cant expect any less really
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by Dreloaded(f): 6:55pm On May 05, 2008
do you have to copy omuti people because you;re in their country? 

My parents don't drink so I wasnt raised with alcohol and when I got to college I didnt bother either, had a mamosa once(champagne and orange juice), tasted horrible.

Personally I just don't get the appeal of alcohol and i think beer is disgusting. oh well
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by Ajebota(f): 6:57pm On May 05, 2008
D-reloaded:

do you have to copy omuti people because you;re in their country?

err i said I was duped, duh

that doesn't mean I drink like fish in fact I rarely drink alcholic drinks
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by Dreloaded(f): 6:59pm On May 05, 2008
ibkaye:

Went to a party didn't know alcohol tasted like 'that' so when i first got the vodka bottle i started by drinking it as if it was water, yuck

Lmao worst mistake.

Vodka is horrible. Was witha  friend that drinks and her boyfriend got devil's spirit, the guy's crazy, he drinks that shit "raw" and he tried to pass it to me, just the smell alone, ugh, like rubbing alcohol.
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by Dreloaded(f): 7:04pm On May 05, 2008
it was a general comment, Ajebota. wink I know people who actually use that as an excuse.
Re: Your First Attemt At Alcohol by kingPINN(m): 7:21pm On May 05, 2008
cant really remember my first tym but i know that i started drinking since i was small. My parents used to hide drinks for me,i go all the way to ransack the whole house looking for where it was kept.
One thing i always had in mind is that the bottle and the content are within the confines of the house, so i would search every where till i find where it was hidden. I used to go for schnapps and scoop some spoonful of milk into it. i lov the taste,
it was really crazy back then and all the beatings didnt deter me either

(1) (Reply)

.. / 3deck 9 Treys Industrials Oven For Saleus / How To Prepare Amala With Abula Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.