Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub (26147 Views)

Julius Agwu To Open A Christian Nightclub / Pop Star Terry G's Son Got More Swag Than Most Celebrities / Davido Hangs Out With P Diddy In Miami NightClub (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Mcleo007(m): 10:03pm On May 05, 2013
chinnyonwu: I've seen these exact words in about 2 other pages. Naija bloggers and verbatim lifting. No original content. Everyone z striving to earn $1k/day blogging. Lol
Anyways e better pass kidnapping. The Lord bless yur hussles.

Do you feel same way when you listen to same news on local TV stations? That is why its called news. News have a way of spreading, whether copied verbatim or orally reported. The important factor is outreach and wide penetration.
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by MajeOfficial: 10:07pm On May 05, 2013
churific: All these nonsense comments about not understanding how to run a night club.

You don't need to understand a business to own one.

You simply hire someone who understands the business and that's that. There's definitely another reason why he shut it down. Since we like to speculate, I'll add a few speculations:

1. He might be going broke himself and can't afford to infuse money or higher someone
2. He's not the sole or majority owner and got overruled
3. He's simply lost interest

We can go on and on forever...the fact still remains that you do not need to understand how to run a nightclub to own one!

You need to understand every business you own or are a part of.
you hire someone in an environment like Nigeria to 'handle' something you have no clue about, you're a prime target for scams, in accountability, and stories that will drive your business into the ground. You need to understand a business and it's industry to expand and manage it.

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by fflamingo(m): 10:12pm On May 05, 2013
Shhhh
Illuminati told him to do so.....
Naija and rumour(es)
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Rexnegro(m): 10:36pm On May 05, 2013
Julieccentric:

@ least people sabi am...who sabi u??

Guy take Ǻ♍ easy na u don run vex ? Ok oya no vex..... =)) ℓ̊ laff so tey I sidun for ground
. /\
. ^ ^ 
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by WorldwarIII: 11:08pm On May 05, 2013
LesbianBoy: Rumour has it that he closed his 'Pop' night club to enable him concentrate on selling loyal 'miik' angry

Also learnt he wants to convert it to a loya milk warehouse..."he who pays the piper....."
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by kalufelix(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2013
Bonapart: Who is Don jazzy? A suyer seller? Jst asking....
nah.. a palm wine tapper actually
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 05, 2013
yamunla: Lolz@Bleached up e-diot...ur username really fit u..its either u are SS or a dwarf with dat pics am seein up there..Eccentric baby...Abirun
Kid, there should be a Juvenile section!

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Toecynne(m): 11:24pm On May 05, 2013
Policewoman: LOL. nAIJA PEOPLE TOO LIKE FREE THINGZ grin grin grin I used to patronize d club once in a while.
u b 1 of d peepz wey day carry FreeDrinkz no pay bah?
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by ocelot2006(m): 11:32pm On May 05, 2013
He should've performed a detailed SWOT analysis before delving into that business.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by everyday: 11:43pm On May 05, 2013
I wish him the best in his future endeavours
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 05, 2013
One needs to understand how to run a particular kind of business if he's gonna venture into it. Nobody can run your business like you because it is not his/her own. It's even a way of getting swindled by the person running it because you as the owner have absolutely no idea on what's going on. Not saying it's not ok to have a manager, it is but one must have a basic understanding to be able to assess the manager's work.
churific: All these nonsense comments about not understanding how to run a night club.

You simply hire someone who understands the business and that's that. There's definitely another reason why he shut it down. Since we like to speculate, I'll add a few speculations:

1. He might be going broke himself and can't afford to infuse money or higher someone

We can go on and on forever...the fact still remains that you do not need to understand how to run a nightclub to own one!
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Revolva(m): 11:49pm On May 05, 2013
grin You see how naija be .....running a night club is not easy where there are hotels everywhere dat offers bar lounge...and short rest room...in ma area due to the springing of hotels around town...i dont even go to clubs on the island anymore....wetin i dey go find there ....sef..when i can save ma strength and club around ma area.....
oga Jazzy..take heart bros....we dey by your side....any time.....always loya L ...milk
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Classicman47(m): 12:34am On May 06, 2013
yamunla: The guy wan show Dbanj say him don arrive after the break-up..he go Open NightClub..!!! Instead make he first open Beer parlour den advance from there..Dapo go dey laugh now....Btw dis him broda be like Alaba boy o
Keep quiet my friend. How do Alaba guys look?? Maga!
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by kabaka1: 12:47am On May 06, 2013
OmoPastor: just cause he had money to throw around, so he thought opening a night club would just keep raking in the doe without sitting down to learn the art of running it.

True word grin!
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by kabaka1: 12:52am On May 06, 2013
yamunla: The guy wan show Dbanj say him don arrive after the break-up..he go Open NightClub..!!! Instead make he first open Beer parlour den advance from there..Dapo go dey laugh now....Btw dis him broda be like Alaba boy o

Man, u de wicked oh.lol grin grin grin!

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by oparahchi(m): 1:15am On May 06, 2013

Being a business man, i fault your perspective on the subject matter. even if you hire one with the prowess on managing a business concern, you still need substantial knowledge about the business otherwise the one running the business would b getting rich while you the sole proprietor losses resources.
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by ocelot2006(m): 1:29am On May 06, 2013

You post is a clear example why many small businesses fold. Before you delve into any business, you MUST fully understand what you're getting into else you run the biz into the ground or get swindled.
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by dexzi(f): 2:49am On May 06, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]so what i am 2 do(jenifer) jst passing by jare!!! ;Dso what i am 2 do(jenifer) jst passing by jare!!!
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by denzel2009: 3:38am On May 06, 2013
Good business decision if you are not deriving expected benefits on a business venture.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by tizeti: 4:24am On May 06, 2013
I thinks its not ok to judge a business by the 1st few months. You have to set targets and allow the business have a full year of operation. Cos it could just be a cyclical thing
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by livingstoneony(m): 5:48am On May 06, 2013
dj187: That is no excuse to shut his club down, he does not understand the intricacies of running a club simple
that is enough reason to shut the club down.
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by bankyblue(m): 5:56am On May 06, 2013
Policewoman: LOL. nAIJA PEOPLE TOO LIKE FREE THINGZ grin grin grin I used to patronize d club once in a while.
I will like to hang out with u Oº°˚ ˚°º , but not in ur uniform
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by deenee: 6:22am On May 06, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that people who are yet to have experience within the four walls of an Ivory Tower offer advise to people with a rich wealth of experience and feel that their advice should be treated like some sort of dogma without questioning.

Don Jazzy first and foremost is a producer which means that a larger chunk of his income comes from music production and other related activities. The decision to open a night club is a good one because it peharps indicates that Don Jazzy knows that he won't continue to produce music forever and is investing in other lines of business to secure his future and also to offer some form of diversification for his portfolio of business.

The decision to also close down the business after a test run is also a good one because quite frankly there is no point if the club is not giving any returns.

Afterall, Dangote divested from his flour business when it was no longer offering him the expected returns. It will be sheer foolishness in my own opinion to keep the club open as a show of bravado.

Finally, for all those criticizing him, I have one vital question. How many businesses have you owned, run or managed successfully?

God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by dhardline(m): 6:39am On May 06, 2013
Julieccentric:

Lol....babe no fine..but him mama like am like dt..@ least am better than you bleached up e-diot!
my dear you r so fine,beautifully made. smiley

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Iykeponti(m): 7:31am On May 06, 2013
I told him b4 not to open that club , but he wouldn't listen.... undecidedI told him b4 not to open that club , but he wouldn't listen....
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Paywole: 7:42am On May 06, 2013
LesbianBoy: Rumour has it that he closed his 'Pop' night club to enable him concentrate on selling loyal 'miik' angry
na soya milk bro
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Frankbaro(m): 7:50am On May 06, 2013
There are only three reasons why a popular guy like Don Jazzy will close down his club for not making enough dough
(1)He made it so exclusive that he has very few patrons,who do not patronise the club at all times.
(2)He hosts his friends and relatives with expensive drinks at the expense of the club.
(3)He has staffs that steal the club silly and blind.
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Reference(m): 7:52am On May 06, 2013
Nigerians. If banks are closing branches and downsizing we will all hear how wicked the owners are. What is the difference. Harsh operating environment, inimical regulatory policies, internal fraud, loan failures and a host of other avoidable things Don Jazzy will have been put through by the public that wants the best but more often than not offers the worst while blaming government and everyone but themselves.

You dress up, drive through traffic to a club and you can't pay for simple drinks. This country is just a stink pit. That's how they ruined everything. Nigerian Airways, Nitel, Phcn and every naïve but well meaning investor. We deserve everything we see and feel in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Pain(m): 7:54am On May 06, 2013
POP Champagne on Credit
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Akbee(m): 7:56am On May 06, 2013
Who send am!
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Reference(m): 7:58am On May 06, 2013
Frankbaro: There are only three reasons why a popular guy like Don Jazzy will close down his club for not making enough dough
(1)He made it so exclusive that he has very few patrons,who do not patronise the club at all times.
(2)He hosts his friends and relatives with expensive drinks at the expense of the club.
(3)He has staffs that steal the club silly and blind.

Well next time he will go to the Japanese to invent robots who will man the gates and collect the dough without 'looking face' and perhaps tear down the bar and switch to using automated drinks dispensers on PoS. Wetin we no go see.
Re: Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub by Frankbaro(m): 8:04am On May 06, 2013
Wonder if people still pay gate fees at clubs,except strip clubs
Reference:

Well next time he will go to the Japanese to invent robots who will man the gates and collect the dough without 'looking face' and perhaps tear down the bar and switch to using automated drinks dispensers on PoS. Wetin we no go see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Jim Iyke Your Gucci Shoes Are Fake" - Fan Tells Actor, Jim Iyke Fires Back / Paul Okoye 's Daughter, Nadia, Sings 'Reason With Me' With His Dad / Segun Arinze Fires-back At ' Ugly' Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.