Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. (921 Views)

Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum / Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent / There Are Hidden Treasures Within You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by Ozegbe(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2013
why cant god show himself and end all the argument about his existence? From history uptil now the idea of god has always been man's invention. Starting from genesis uptil this day it has always been thesame story, god said, i heard him, he touched me, i saw a man in white in my dream, we saw cross from the moon, the holy spirit spoke to me etc...
When ever you ask a christain or a muslim why he his worshipping something he doesnt have any idea of, they start quoting from books written by ancient men and thats all they have and all u wil get.
My main reason for çreating this thread is for the religious folks to tell me the reason why their god cant simply reveal himself to mankind? We that earnestly seek for a substantial evidence to believe dont get any, instead we must accept by faith. Why cant he just reveal himself for all mankind to believe?
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by ijawkid(m): 6:34pm On May 05, 2013
Would you believe if he showed himself??......are you ready to let God reveal himself to you or within you you just want to be independent and useless................

I knw even if God revealed himself to atheists they would still stick to there madness........

So take this crappy write up and shove it right in your brain.......grin....
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 05, 2013
@op can you see information?
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by manmustwac(m): 7:09pm On May 05, 2013
@Ozegbe
God to me was just another name for mother nature back in those days when human beings who were much more intelligent than their animal counterparts had to make sense of their surroundings.
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by EvilBrain1(m): 7:12pm On May 05, 2013
ijawkid: Would you believe if he showed himself??......are you ready to let God reveal himself to you or within you you just want to be independent and useless................

I knw even if God revealed himself to atheists they would still stick to there madness........

So take this crappy write up and shove it right in your brain.......grin....

why would you say that? Afterall, atheists don't deny the existence of anything else once they see proof of it.

Plenty of atheist scientists didn't accept that the Higgs bosun existed, but once it was detected at CERN, pretty much all of them admitted they were wrong.

Einstein didn't believe that the universe was expanding, or in the Big Bang theory, but as the evidence mounted he changed his mind.

Most doctors didn't believe that ulcers were caused by germs or that any germ could even survive in the highly acidic stomach. But once Barry Marshal and Robin Warren proved them wrong, they admitted their mistake, rewrote all their textbooks and gave them a Nobel prize.

You claim that atheists won't accept evidence that god exists? Why don't you show us some of this evidence then instead of assuming we'll reject it?

And only valid, verifiable and reproducible evidence please. No fake TB Joshua miracles.

1 Like

Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by Ozegbe(m): 7:17pm On May 05, 2013
hisblud: @op can you see information?
thats another question i forgot to ask. Why do you people always relate, compare and contrast the idea of god with abstract things? Ask me if i see the sun, the moon or effect of chemicals on the body and i wil answer you.
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by systemseng: 7:17pm On May 05, 2013
Evil Brain:

why would you say that? Afterall, atheists don't deny the existence of anything else once they see proof of it.

Plenty of atheist scientists didn't accept that the Higgs bosun existed, but once it was detected at CERN, pretty much all of them admitted they were wrong.

Einstein didn't believe that the universe was expanding, or in the Big Bang theory, but as the evidence mounted he changed his mind.

Most doctors didn't believe that ulcers were caused by germs or that any germ could even survive in the highly acidic stomach. But once Barry Marshal and Robin Warren proved them wrong, they admitted their mistake, rewrote all their textbooks and gave them a Nobel prize.

You claim that atheists won't accept evidence that god exists? Why don't you show us some of this evidence then instead of assuming we'll reject it?

And only valid, verifiable and reproducible evidence please. No fake TB Joshua miracles.

Nicely said
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 05, 2013
hisblud: @op can you see information?

angry angry angry
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by Ozegbe(m): 7:20pm On May 05, 2013
Evil Brain:

thank you. Let him show himself and i will believe
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by ijawkid(m): 8:08pm On May 05, 2013
Evil Brain:

If God showed himself to you will you abide to his principles and commands??......what difference would it make??....you guys aren't contrite individuals so God showing himself to you would be a waste of time........

So you believe in the big bang theory myth??....
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 05, 2013
ijawkid:

If God showed himself to you will you abide to his principles and commands??......what difference would it make??....you guys aren't contrite individuals so God showing himself to you would be a waste of time........
And with that, Ijawkid successfully fills the always vacant post of God's Representative...
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by ijawkid(m): 8:30pm On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:
And with that, Ijawkid successfully fills the always vacant post of God's Representative...

You know me na.........

Ona dey ask for God like say ona ready to see am and know am.......

Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by EvilBrain1(m): 11:04pm On May 05, 2013
ijawkid:

If God showed himself to you will you abide to his principles and commands??

Of course I would. Why wouldn't I? If the biblical god is real, that means that hell is real. Even though I object to all the evil it has done, it would be foolish to oppose such a powerful being.

......what difference would it make??....you guys aren't contrite individuals so God showing himself to you would be a waste of time........

You discredit yourself by making these kinds of broad generalizations. Yes, some atheists come across as proud, but so do many religious folk. At least, you don't see many atheists trying to legislate their beliefs or force them on others. You don't see atheists calling for the deaths of those who make fun of their beliefs. And any person who claims to know anything with 100% certainty is far more likely to be a religious nut than an atheist.

So you believe in the big bang theory myth??....

Yes I do, and its hardly a myth. At present, it is the theory that best explains the properties of the known universe at a cosmological scale. When you manage to explain the universe's expansion and cosmic background radiation using biblical principles, I'll take your theory into consideration. Until then, I'm strongly pro Big Bang.
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by ijawkid(m): 11:10pm On May 05, 2013
Evil Brain:

Of course I would. Why wouldn't I. If the biblical god is real, that means that hell is real. Even though I object to all the evil it has done, it would be foolish to oppose such a powerful being.

Lol............I knw your kind.....pharoahlike!!!!..
Evil Brain:

You discredit yourself by making these kinds of broad generalizations. Yes, some atheists come across as proud, but so do many religious folk. At least, you don't see many atheists trying to legislate their beliefs or force them on others. You don't see atheists calling for the death of those who make fin of their beliefs. And any person who claims to know anything with 100% certainty is far more likely to be a religious nut than an atheist.
Lol.......Í don't think so.....you guys are the ones who go about yapping about your infallible logics and reasonings........

If God didn't mean anything to obstinate individuals in d past who did experience God first hand,of what use would he showing himself be
to persons who have chosen to be independent today.....you guys are stiff necked to the core.......
Evil Brain:

Yes I do, and its hardly a myth. At present, it is the theory that best explains the properties of the known universe at a cosmological scale. When you manage to explain the universe's expansion and cosmic background radiation using biblical principles, I'll take your theory into consideration. Until then, I'm strongly pro Big Bang.

Its hardly a myth but it is a myth.....the big bang explain§ zilch........

Did you miss alfamanns thread on hÓw useless the big bang is??.......your fellow atheist debunked the folly behind the ¡ig bang theory.......

My bro you are gulping dÓwn one huge MYTH if you ask me........

You can believe in the big bang but you can't believe there is an intelligent designer who formed the universe.....
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:13pm On May 05, 2013
I pity you op and your co's
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:33pm On May 05, 2013
Pagan point of view :

A God is a Spiritual Force. you cannot see a force.

but you can see the effects of the force.

For example the Creator God is manifest in everything that involves creation.

This is why we Pagans worship the Gods through nature, etc.
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by EvilBrain1(m): 12:07am On May 06, 2013
ijawkid:
Lol............I knw your kind.....pharoahlike!!!!..

You're suggesting that you god is messing with my thought processes so he can have an excuse to murder thousands of innocent kids in their beds? I certainly hope thats not the case!

Lol.......Í don't think so.....you guys are the ones who go about yapping about your infallible logics and reasonings........
Nonsense! There is nothing infallible about the big bang or any other broadly accepted scientific theory. The limits of big bang theory (as well as those of general relativity) have been well documented. It;s religious poeple who claim they know everything and reject every possibility that they could be wrong.

If God didn't mean anything to obstinate individuals in d past who did experience God first hand,of what use would he showing himself be
to persons who have chosen to be independent today.....you guys are stiff necked to the core.......

You mean when he showed himself in all those fictional bible stories that didn't really happen. Okay!

Its hardly a myth but it is a myth.....the big bang explain§ zilch........

The big bang theory correctly predicted the presence and frequency of cosmic background radiation. It also predicted to extreme accuracy the relative abundances of light elements (hydrogen, helium, lithium) in the universe most of which were produced by big bang nucleosynthesis. It predicts the distribution and evolution of galaxies and is the only plausible explanation for the expansion of the universe. If you have a better explanation that envelopes all these phenomena then please post it here and I'll be happy to take a look at it.

Did you miss alfamanns thread on hÓw useless the big bang is??.......your fellow atheist debunked the folly behind the ¡ig bang theory.......

Right!!! Some random nairalander called alfamann has managed to debunk almost a century worth of physics. The works of Edwin Hubble, Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking have all been countered by this brilliant poster on an obscure African forum. All the findings of the Hubble space telescope, the Cosmic Background Explorer probe and the Planck space probe should be thrown into the toilet. Somebody give alfamann his Nobel prize!!!

My bro you are gulping dÓwn one huge MYTH if you ask me........

You can believe in the big bang but you can't believe there is an intelligent designer who formed the universe.....

Like I said, the Big Bang is the most plausible theory for the origin of the universe, which is why I accept it despite its limitations. So far nobody has seen any credible sign of god(s) or any sign of anything it/they have done. As long as that is the case, I'll stick with the explanations that make sense.
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by EvilBrain1(m): 12:16am On May 06, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Pagan point of view :

A God is a Spiritual Force. you cannot see a force.

but you can see the effects of the force.

For example the Creator God is manifest in everything that involves creation.

This is why we Pagans worship the Gods through nature, etc.

Gravity is a force. Electromagnetism is a force. The strong nuclear force is a force. Yet nobody has any doubt that those things exist.

If god(s) existed, then it would be easy and straight forward to detect it/them. Even if you couldn't do it directly, you should be able see the effects of their activities.

Simple question: Why don't Christians have a significantly lower infant mortality rate than the general population? After all, they all pray for their children's health and safety, and god answers prayers. And jesus loves the little children. So why do christian children die at the same rate as heathens when you adjust for variables such as social status, country of residence, and ethnicity? Why is there no sign that the prayers are working?
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by ninja4life(m): 12:28am On May 06, 2013
Hmm just loving atheism d more,asking questions abd carrying out research and not believing some fairytales passed down by some ancestors in stone age with limitd knowledge by faith.wow its amazing dat many theists donot want their god to be questiond and dey believe dat deir god is 100% right.
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:02am On May 06, 2013
Evil Brain:

Gravity is a force. Electromagnetism is a force. The strong nuclear force is a force. Yet nobody has any doubt that those things exist.

If god(s) existed, then it would be easy and straight forward to detect it/them. Even if you couldn't do it directly, you should be able see the effects of their activities.

Simple question: Why don't Christians have a significantly lower infant mortality rate than the general population? After all, they all pray for their children's health and safety, and god answers prayers. And jesus loves the little children. So why do christian children die at the same rate as heathens when you adjust for variables such as social status, country of residence, and ethnicity? Why is there no sign that the prayers are working?

don't act naive and jus assume things. who told you so?
There was a time when the whole world had no doubt that the Gods exit, during the Pagan days. Even now we Pagans have no doubt that our Gods exist.

yes we can detect them. this is why we have faith in them aswell. you won't understand unless you believe. I may sound like a xtian now but its true. especially at your times of need or hopelesness.

there must be a balance. the balance to the material world is the Spiritual realm. neither can exist without the other.

because they worship a false man-God.

no but apart from that, prayer is not just that you pray and you get it. there are many factors involved like ritual, deity, circumstance, mode, etc. .
Re: Since The Beginning Of Man's Existness All The Gods Are Hidden. by Nobody: 8:25am On May 06, 2013
Evil Brain:

...and you hold that to be the truth? undecided...more like half truth to me.

(1) (Reply)

!!! / FALSE PREACHERS Exposed-this Will Help U / Fasting During Fasting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.