Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Journey To Self Premieres May 10th [read Storyline] - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Journey To Self Premieres May 10th [read Storyline] (903 Views)

Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / Stephanie Linus premieres new movie, ‘Dry’ in UK (Pics) / FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journey To Self Premieres May 10th [read Storyline] by manpo2k(m): 11:55pm On May 05, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-cr1bIfY9_pE/UYbf19S6AxI/AAAAAAAAOsM/5tJ_ytYnkAw/s400/katherine.JPG[/img]
‘Journey to Self’ is an intense story of friendship, sacrifice, empowerment and self-respect. Four childhood friends, Regina, Nse, Rume and Alex, receive news that another long time friend of theirs, Uche, has died. Uche was the magnet that pulled her friends together and over the years had become their shoulder to cry on, so much so in fact that she never felt she could tell them about her own problems. As part of her last request, the ladies travel to Uche’s home in Abuja for her funeral.

The four ladies, on arriving at Uche’s house, find that she has left a series of letters in which she speaks to them from beyond the grave. The letters provoke her friends to open up on emotional baggage, as secrets and fears are revealed, leading to a journey of self discovery. For Regina, Nse, Rume and Alex the weekend they spend in Uche’s house becomes an emotional roller coaster as individual characters are tested.

‘Journey to Self’ is an intense, dialogue-based movie where the viewer is sure to embark on the same emotional journey as with the characters.

'Journey To Self' stars Nse Ikpe-Etim as 'Nse', Dakore Akande as 'Alex', Ashionye Michelle Raccah as 'Regina', Katherine Obiang as 'Rume' and Tosin Sido as 'Uche'. It also features Carol King with cameo appearances by Kalu Ikeagwu, Femi Brainard, Femi Jacobs and Chris Attoh.

'Journey To Self' is directed by Tope Oshin-Ogun, Executive Produced by Tosin Sido for Fressia Entertainment and written & Produced by Ashionye Michelle Raccah. This is a movie that women should take their men to see!

‘Journey to Self’ has been nominated for ‘Achievement In Soundtrack’ for the 2013 African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA). Congratulations to the team.

The highly anticipated movie, ‘Journey to Self’ will be released in cinemas May 10th 2013 across West Africa. Screening schedule will be announced soon. Keep in touch!

Click http://www.youtube.com/user/journeytoselfmovie for more Journey To Self videos

Discover more interesting stories at www.wetinhappen..com
Re: Journey To Self Premieres May 10th [read Storyline] by Nobody: 9:02am On May 06, 2013
When will Nigerian writers be original for once. I see a Nigerian version of Desperate House Wives with a little twist, with the storyline read, the movie don't deserve to be viewed in Cinemas and the producer know it. As for me...I ain't watching.
Re: Journey To Self Premieres May 10th [read Storyline] by sholay2011(m): 7:28pm On May 06, 2013
tony ayo: When will Nigerian writers be original for once. I see a Nigerian version of Desperate House Wives with a little twist, with the storyline read, the movie don't deserve to be viewed in Cinemas and the producer know it. As for me...I ain't watching.
Lol...wicked pesin...I get what you are saying...Uche reminds you of 'Mary Alice', while others are 'Susan', 'Gabrielle', 'Bree' and 'Lynette'. grin

But I would still lyk to watch it. The inspiratn from the story may be from 'Desperate Housewives' (which I don't tink makes it less-original), but the way things happened and interplay may be quite different.

Abeg, no judge dis film by its cover...biko.Pls try watching dis naija version.
Re: Journey To Self Premieres May 10th [read Storyline] by kunlefox(m): 9:30am On May 08, 2013
It's a disgrace these guys have to modify a teen series in US...like what the Bleep? This sounds like that lame. " Pretty little liars" show..Pathetic!

(1) (Reply)

African Art / Your Funniest Nigerian Actress / Happy New Year 2nd Day Collection | Saturday Box Office Collection Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.