Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Autism:is Ur Child Up To A Year N Still Without Any Speech Or Behaviour Problem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Autism:is Ur Child Up To A Year N Still Without Any Speech Or Behaviour Problem (549 Views)

Photo: If Your Visitor Throws Your Child Up Like This, What Will You Do? / Unborn Child Up For Adoption / If Dis Waz Ur Child Wat Name Wud U Kal Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Autism:is Ur Child Up To A Year N Still Without Any Speech Or Behaviour Problem by maryuc: 2:21pm On May 06, 2013
I am a mother of a 4 yrs old boy.he is non verbal(without any speech),but he hears vry well.he portrays some abnormal behaviour like:unneccessary crying,hand flapping,hyperactivity,makes certain sound,avoid eye contact,does not play with other kids,does nt point at objects insteat preffers 2 point with my hand,etc.he was diagonised of autism n nw he has started his therapy and he is improving.if ur child portrays any of this character,dont hesitate 2 call my number so that we can fight it 2gether especially those living in the eastern states like onitsha,asaba,owerri n enugu.my number is 08096131222.remember,EARLY INTERVENTION MATTERS A LOT.dnt ignore them,they hv potentials.
Some other signs may include:
* The child generally does not point to or share observations or experiences with others. *The child tends not to look directly at other people in a social way. This is sometimes referred to as a lack of eye contact. * There may be an absence of speech, or unusual speech patterns such as repeating words and phrases (echolalia), failure to use 'I', 'me', and 'you', or reversal of these pronouns.*  Unusual responses to other people. A child may show no desire to be cuddled, have a strong preference for familiar people and may appear to treat people as objects rather than a source of comfort.*The child may appear to avoid social situations, preferring to be alone. * There is limited development of play activities, particularly imaginative play.* There may be constant crying or there may be an unusual absence of crying.* The child often has marked repetitive movements, such as hand-shaking or flapping, prolonged rocking or spinning of objects. * Many children develop an obsessive interest in certain toys or objects while ignoring other things. *The child may have extreme resistance to change in routines and/or their environment.* The child may have sleeping problems. * The child may be resistant to solid foods or may not accept a variety of foods in their diet.* There are often difficulties with toilet training.

(1) (Reply)

Family / Is The Government Using Or Helping Us(nysc) / Why Do Parents Borrow Money From Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.