Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure (2672 Views)

Reasons Behind JAMB Failure In Nigeria / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Kizyte(m): 9:08pm On May 06, 2013
This year's massive JAMB failure was as a result of exam malpractices. Students shaded answers that were sent to them on their various mobile devices and or papers without crosschecking them to make sure they're correct.

Though most answers sent to the students were correct but because the JAMB board already knew about the leakage, they decided to secretly have different paper types in one paper type. e.g. Paper type 'I' correct answer is option A". Another paper type 'I' correct answer falls on D" thereby misleading the students into shading wrong answers.

IF YOU WERE THE ONE, how would you know there were two or three paper type 'I' or two paper type 'D?

MY ADVICE TO STUDENTS: Write any exam all by yourself, and do not rely on exam malpractice. You can do better! You would have scored higher if you wrote without malpractice!

NB: This disclosure is as a result of my analysis. You can make further analysis and share the result on this thread.
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by WanaG(m): 9:36pm On May 06, 2013
This is plain stupid.

So everybody did malpractice abi?

If you did malpractice, doesn't mean everybody else did. If you don't have a brain, doesn't mean some of us don't have.
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by viccipedia: 10:28pm On May 06, 2013
Kizyte: This years massive JAMB failure was as a result of exam malpractices. Students shaded answers that were sent to them on their various mobile devices and or papers without crosschecking them to make sure they're correct.

Though most answers sent to the students were correct but because the JAMB board already knew about the leakage, they decided to secretly have different paper types in one paper type. e.g. Paper type 'I' correct answer is option A". Another paper type 'I' correct answer falls on D" thereby misleading the students into shading wrong answers.

IF YOU WERE THE ONE, how would you know there were two or three paper type 'I' or two paper type 'D?

MY ADVICE TO STUDENTS: Write any exam all by yourself, and do not rely on exam malpractice. You can do better! You would have scored higher if you wrote without malpractice!

NB: This disclosure is as a result of my analysis. You can make further analysis and share the result on this thread.
stop all this foolish and baseless assertion that I poo ur talking about is the error that caused d mass failure cos they obviously had a different data on their database and marked everybodys type I with wat they have nd not wat d candidates had
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by chiwuike20: 10:33pm On May 06, 2013
Wana_G: This is plain stupid.

If you did malpractice, doesn't mean everybody else did. If you don't have a brain, doesn't mean some of us don't have.
I cudnt help it but agree wit kizyte. Malpractices, poor reading culture and limited higher institutions of learning r contributors to d problems. On my judgment, jamb isn't d problem but nigeria's funding on our education system. On d contrary, jamb has fought so hard to maintain d purity of education amidst corruption. D federal and state governments and interested stakeholders shud invest heavily on education to help improve d educational system in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Kizyte(m): 12:37am On May 07, 2013
Wana_G: This is plain stupid.

I haven't said that all the students who wrote the 2013 JAMB were involved in exam malpractices. I was only saying that malpractice was a major contributor to the massive failure. That would be unfair and unprofessional if JAMB deducted marks from UTME results of candidates. Anyway, more opinions are accepted.
Please note that I don't mean to aggravate anger in any student.

1 Like

Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by otokx(m): 2:55am On May 07, 2013
The rate of malpractise this year was too much, before the results were released most candidates even on nairaland said the expo via phone was like breathing air, they never knew that JAMB had an antidote of corresponding efficiency. JAMB una do well o.

2 Likes

Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Kunlexic(m): 9:49am On May 07, 2013
@ OPs,is it a must 4 u to post,if u dnt knw what to say den u kip quiet instead of posting fool idea.As 4 me ooo,not by mouth,no malpractise is allowed @ my centre and i can say am d 1 dat prepared beta pass of the rest jambites and dey are nw giving ppu wat they do nt expect,even i knw some dat do it with runz dat score far above 200.Many ppu dnt fail,jamb intentnally fail ppu..So OP take ur tym and knw wat u say b4 u post any silly post here.
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Kizyte(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2013
Kunlexic: @ OPs,is it a must 4 u to post,if u dnt knw what to say den u kip quiet instead of posting fool idea.As 4 me ooo,not by mouth,no malpractise is allowed @ my centre and i can say am d 1 dat prepared beta pass of the rest jambites and dey are nw giving ppu wat they do nt expect,even i knw some dat do it with runz dat score far above 200.Many ppu dnt fail,jamb intentnally fail ppu..So OP take ur tym and knw wat u say b4 u post any silly post here.
The truth is always bitter but it must be told. Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Yemike(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2013
Kizyte:
The truth is always bitter but it must be told. Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
[color=#990000][/color] u're mad for what u post. If u're ignorant about it just shut ur dirty mouth idiot.
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Kizyte(m): 8:34pm On May 07, 2013
Yemike: [color=#990000][/color] u're mad for what u post. If u're ignorant about it just shut ur dirty mouth idiot.
Thank you!
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Kizyte(m): 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Take it or leave it, exam malpractice is bad even in the sight of God. undecided
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by sapientia1(m): 6:41am On Sep 27, 2013
Kizyte: Take it or leave it, exam malpractice is bad even in the sight of God. undecided
bro, turn deaf ears to them. I wrote Jamb @ OAU, inside the white house. Everywhere was secure with @ least 20 NSCDS officers, and @least 50 invigilators, bot still "WE" students, and YES I mean WE including me still managed to smuggle n write these expos! We were all sharp that they caught no one, in my row, ALL of us had expos with us, infact many people that were dressed like banker had expos all over their body, and that's inside OAU. It was wen we got out of the exam hall that evrybody started laughing n thanking GOD for successfully using the thrash. Well we all know our scores now, 123, 134, 171, 145 etc. Bottonline is, JAMB made a smart move to detect us, and its a very good development. We've learnt our lessons. Moreover, students that went to JAMB for sript remarking came back regretting cos they realised they weren't cheated in any way! Good work @OP

3 Likes

Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by sigidporte(m): 7:17am On Sep 27, 2013
jamb purposedly did that to discard PPT and encourage CBT.
Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Capableben(m): 7:29am On Sep 27, 2013
undecided
Kunlexic: @ OPs,is it a must 4 u to post,if u dnt knw what to say den u kip quiet instead of posting fool idea.As 4 me ooo,not by mouth,no malpractise is allowed @ my centre and i can say am d 1 dat prepared beta pass of the rest jambites and dey are nw giving ppu wat they do nt expect,even i knw some dat do it with runz dat score far above 200.Many ppu dnt fail,jamb intentnally fail ppu..So OP take ur tym and knw wat u say b4 u post any silly post here.
undecided
SCREW U..... JAMB DOESNT FAIL ANYBODY. MIND URSPEECH B4 I CALL MY UNCLE

1 Like

Re: Truth About 2013 Massive Jamb Failure by Kizyte(m): 12:16am On Sep 29, 2013
sapientia1: bro, turn deaf ears to them. I wrote Jamb @ OAU, inside the white house. Everywhere was secure with @ least 20 NSCDS officers, and @least 50 invigilators, bot still "WE" students, and YES I mean WE including me still managed to smuggle n write these expos! We were all sharp that they caught no one, in my row, ALL of us had expos with us, infact many people that were dressed like banker had expos all over their body, and that's inside OAU. It was wen we got out of the exam hall that evrybody started laughing n thanking GOD for successfully using the thrash. Well we all know our scores now, 123, 134, 171, 145 etc. Bottonline is, JAMB made a smart move to detect us, and its a very good development. We've learnt our lessons. Moreover, students that went to JAMB for sript remarking came back regretting cos they realised they weren't cheated in any way! Good work @OP
Thank you so much @Sapientia1 for your wonderful contributions.

(1) (Reply)

Finally FG Shifted Ground For ASUU! / How much Is Lasu Part Time Tuition Fees / Oau Sug Vice President Speaks From Sick Bed After Fight With The Dos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.