Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

We Are The Change Nigeria Needs - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We Are The Change Nigeria Needs (756 Views)

Change Nigeria For Better. / The Change Nigeria Has Been Waiting For / Change Nigeria To Naija?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are The Change Nigeria Needs by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 06, 2013
: WE ARE THE CHANGE NIGERIA NEEDS
"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek" ~ Barack Obama

Oh yea! I’m supposed to make this interesting but its a lil hard right now because I'm boring myself already. Don't stop reading please! I need you to loan me some minutes of your time I promiseto refund you with interest after this write up( in whatever form you want cash or kind.)

We are the change Nigeria needs! Really? Well, with the little I know about Nigeria and as a student of history. Its no news again,the past generation has failed us. The decadence in our beloved country didn't start today, since they chose to make it this way there is no reason crying over spilt milk, no?

Some say what is my business with Nigeria? You are right I used to think that way but I want you to know that there is no dignity in being a citizen in Diaspora "forever". A home (origin) is always ahome.

The problem with our motherland is fundamental, and the presentgeneration has succeeded in laying foundation on that faulty platform. Are we still going to build on the foundation? Do we want to continue in the footstep of our fathers ? Where do we stand today? Do we stand a chance to build a new nation with the rate of moral decadence in our society? Are we going to build a new nation with the products our schools turn out?

I've got so many questions and I need answers. "Do I really have anything to offer this nation?" I continually ask myself. People think so much about what the government will do for them but I think we all know waiting for the government hasn't yielded any result. Instead of having the mentality that our govt/society owes us, let's continually ask oursleves what we can give back to this nation.

The revolution will come someday. But will it be during our generation or the next? Who will rewrite the history? You? or Me? In the words of David Lloyd George, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom “The centuries rarely produce a genius. Look at this bad luck of ours, that great genius of our era was granted to the Turkish nation” Mustafa Kemal Ataturk (Father of the new Turkey)

Who will be our Ataturk? Our genius? Or shall we just continue likethis?

These are some of the many questions I keep asking myself, I still don't have answers but I made up my mind to contribute my own quota-by being a law abiding citizen,by voting wisely when its time to vote, by being a voice of reason in my immediate environment, by avoiding destruction of govt properties, by being a part of a peaceful protest if need be, doing my work diligently and with honesty etc. I need friends like you to do same. I'm sure you will.

Now, thanks for that little time of yours. I owe you some (cash/kind). I'll pay you back when dayorwrites turns 3 lol. Just putthis at the back of your mind: "We are change Nigeria needs!

Are you willing to contribute your own quota?

[color=#550000][/color]
Re: We Are The Change Nigeria Needs by DAY12(m): 2:11am On May 07, 2013
**yarns*** sorry brother, I been dey hear dis for long undecided
Re: We Are The Change Nigeria Needs by Nobody: 5:23am On May 07, 2013
seun FP pls

(1) (Reply)

Job Scam: Army Nabs Fake Soldier Extorting Money For Recruitment In Imo / ...... / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.