Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake (21153 Views)

Photos: Killing Of Twins In Fct (Gwagwaladagist.com) / Monarch, Emmanuel Onyeike-Efeizomor, Sleeps With Snake For 5 Days / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by softy(m): 2:38pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

AS AN Igbo man, IF U SEE IDEMMILI, THE FIRST THING THAT COMES IN YA MIND IS NEVER HARM IT. IT IS HARMLESS.

Ok sir.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Valto(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2013
the pastor knows the customs and traditional of where he reside, yet he went ahead and kill a python in idemili soil...he should face the music.. shikena!!

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by sampitts(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2013
ifyalways: Over zealous religious fanatics.I hope they roast his arse. angry
How would he and his fold react if his bible is pissed on?
Did Jesus convert anyone by shitting on his/her sacred stuff?v
Are u a fool? What will u do if u find a snake in ur house whr ur children are sleeping? He killed the snake as a snake, nt because of religion

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by okwele1(f): 2:40pm On May 07, 2013
what if d snake bite his children? No body is talking about dat. Silly pagan tradition, in dis present times. The God dat he serves will save him & family in Jesus name Amen

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:40pm On May 07, 2013
softy:

Hmmmm, I ve been following all ur posts for many years on many threads on Nairaland.

U are very quick to abuse, disrespect and distrupt peace, just a few!

why did u say i should shut up Is that how u talk to ur father at home??

How can u stay behind ekforum raining abuses on an undisclosed person.

Henceforth, i will not talk to u again, and if care is not carefully taken, I CAN SEND UR PAGAN GODS TO TERMINATE U FASTER THAN U THINK, unless U CHANGE!.....NOTE: U ARE NOT THE FIRST TO BE DEALT WITH AND I BELIEVE U WON'T BE THE LAST.

WATCH UR TONGUE!!

ok so you have been following my "interesting" posts for so long and you still didnt convert to Paganism like so many of your other ex-xtian friends you must be really thick. .

go get a life. I do not have time to deal with houseflys and co.ckroaches like you . .
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 2:41pm On May 07, 2013
ItsModella:
That's the part they obviously do not get.

danger ko, danger ni.

EXACTLY MY SISTER. I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS WE USE TO BED WET AND MY GRANDFATHER WILL THREATEN TO TIE IT AROUND OUR WAIST IF WE DO IT AGAIN. OMO NA HOW WE TAKE STOP OO. BUT I STILL WONDER IF HE MEANT IT LITERALLY.

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Valto(m): 2:43pm On May 07, 2013
this idemili python is not harmful as some people think. once it comes to ur compound and u dont want it around, simply look for a stick and drive it away.. u dont have to kill it.

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 2:43pm On May 07, 2013
softy:

Ok sir.

GOOD. FINALLY IT IS SINKING IN THAT YOUR EMPTY SKULL. grin grin

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Lilimax(f): 2:43pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

EXACTLY MY SISTER. I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS WE USE TO BED WET AND MY GRANDFATHER WILL THREATEN TO TIE IT AROUND OUR WAIST IF WE DO IT AGAIN. OMO NA HOW WE TAKE STOP OO. BUT I STILL WONDER IF HE MEANT IT LITERALLY.
grin grin grin Likewise me.
My grandmother will always threathen to tie the python on the waist of anyone that bed wets.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:43pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

I have a feeling he meant it literally. because You are not the only one to tell us this story. I think they make you sleep with the Eke Idemilli. lol grin
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:45pm On May 07, 2013
Im glad to see most of the comments are for the snake. Nigerians today are actually getting more matured in their responses and are learning to embrace culture and animal rights.

Its good sha. I call this development. cool
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Mortiple(m): 2:45pm On May 07, 2013
NAIRALANDAKPU: WTF?? Buy a coffin for a snake? Give it burial rites like a human? ITSMODELLA Be enlightened my dear and come out of darkness.
I just hope this MODELLA isn't the same one I know in person.

I'm from a place in Imo State where killing of Python is a taboo; it's believed to belong to NJABA RIVER. My people call it EKE-NJABA (NJABA PYTHON).

Since it is considered a taboo, anyone who kills it would be required to carry out some sacrifices. [s]By the way, burying a python with a coffin is used literally[/s]. Some of our people resorted to dragging the snake into the bush without hurting it whenever it came calling. At a point, people got fed up with this joke and began to kill it. Some even ate it. I tell you, nothing has ever happened to the culprits ever since. These days you hardly see pythons anywhere near somebody's house. I suppose, they have realized that their abode should be in the bush.

Ironically, Umuoji that is notorious for all manner of atrocities and evil practices is the town being talked about here.

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Akinsz: 2:49pm On May 07, 2013
all snakes na 4 chop joor. wether na akala snake or na ebele snake or idemili snake, all na 4 chop.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by softy(m): 2:49pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

GOOD. FINALLY IT IS SINKING IN THAT YOUR EMPTY SKULL. grin grin

I knew u would do this!

Are u happy now ?

Thank u, fully fulled skull!

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by uche08(m): 2:52pm On May 07, 2013
Seunolugbala: Nawa 4 dis cmunity cos of kilin a snake nw, d whole family wil perished. GOD FORBID DAT UR BAD ND STUPID TRADITION
In the eastern part of nigeria, every village/town has sacred animal or tree that are harmless to pple of the area.
The sacred animal/tree varies from town to town.
I also heard a pastor quoting a bible vers "remove ye not d ancient land mark"

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Mentorbruno(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2013
ejifranks: same thing applies in my place in Imo state, Orlu axis to be precise... Its a sacrilege.... Such traditions die hard.......
What part of Orlu
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Mutaino7(m): 2:55pm On May 07, 2013
ebucha: Give what belongs to caesar to caesar
Correct! But he didn't say give what belongs to Baal or Ogun to baal.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by MrResource(m): 2:56pm On May 07, 2013
Chidera Favour:

nothin wll happen d person my broda am frm Anambra n we kill all sort of snake in our community.snake is just lik oda livin organism placed under man's dominion durin creation story and it has not 2 b exemted frm killn.
@op. If at all dt d pastor went 2 kill d snake in dea shrine I could hv blame d pastor bt he killed d snake inside his own private house.wht is dea god lookn 4 in anoda person's private lif? A pastor 4 dt matta light n darkness has notin 2 share in common.even in Nigerian law dere is a way u wll kill a human being it wll become a self defence talkn more of ordinary snake...pls d pastor was defendn his family jooh!
Thanks,,,i think i will go with this response smiley embarassed
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 07, 2013
Every_LadY:

Question is does going for missions translate one into a christian?Just check this out:2Corinthians.6:17-18.In what way then did u comply as it regards the bolded?[/b]
i dont even have time for this type of arguement at all. Btw, where did i say mission=christian. Take tym o.

And all these tribalists spewing rubbish, if your pythons kill u, sorry. Ours dont. In d olden days, pythons even warded off dangerous animals from sleeping infants incase the mother is busy at d backyard. They were that good.
The man should have sent the python away wth a stick, it would go peacefully, but he tried scoring a religious point

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by subnormal: 2:57pm On May 07, 2013
Godman_n: In Anambra, they have villages that do not kill snake. Even in Europe, you cannot kill animals like that.

Our culture must be respected unless when it goes contrary to reason.

I am sick of Ignorant Christians who hardly know they difference between their right and the left hand dictating our what is acceptable and what is not in our tradition.

Bleep stupid senseless copy-carts in the name of Civilisation.

I have witnessed so many crude European Cultures; yet the Brainwashed fools here will never understand the world we are in

What obtains in Europe and every other part of the world is that you cannot kill protected animals except in situations WHERE THEY ARE A THREAT TO HUMANS. That is, you can kill a tiger, lion or jaguar if it comes too close. The pastor found a snake in his bedroom, he was within his rights to protect his family
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by saviola77(m): 2:58pm On May 07, 2013
noskeybaba:

I.D.I.O.T! WHAT IS SILLY ABOUT THE TRADITION? HAVENT U HEARD ABOUT LIVE AND LET LIVE? THE PYTHON WILL NEVER HARM ANYONE, THE PASTOR KNOWS THE TRADITION FORBIDS KILLING OF PYTHON YET HE DID, SO LET HIM FACE THE MUSIC.

Who is the i.d.i.o.t here now? You who believe that a snake that found its way in to some kids' room in the middle of the night shouldn't be killed because of tradition. Ok! I'm getting you...
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by noskeybaba: 3:00pm On May 07, 2013
softy:

I knew u would do this!

Are u happy now ?

Thank u, fully fulled skull!

CHILL OUT JOOR.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by chrisxxx(m): 3:01pm On May 07, 2013
brotherlyn:

I'm amazed at the way some of us just quote scriptures without the help of the Holy Spirit. I'm afraid the above statement lacks wisdom content and it is completely out of context in relation to the topic on hand.

Back to the point, since they claim the snake is their god, why fight for your god? Let the god fight for himself or itself (whichever).

If the snake had bitten the children to death, what do you think would have happened?

As far as i'm concerned, the man in question did the right thing.
It takes wisdom to identify wisdom. This being the case a dullard will always see nonsense instead of sense in every statement and argument. The above comment is a case study.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by livingstoneony(m): 3:02pm On May 07, 2013
chrisxxx: I can only support the pastor's action on the assumption that he did not know that killing such snake was a taboo. And the proximity of the snake to his children was a health and safety threat. If that had been done deliberately he has gone contrary to his Bible's and The Bible's teachings.
Did he ever care to ask why Jesus instead of killing the legion of demons hearken to their pleas of being sent to invade the swine?
Did he ever ask why Jesus said Caesar should receive tax?
Did he ever try to know why there was Baal-Jesus even while Jesus was on earth?
Did he ever try to know why God has allowed Satan and his cohorts to exist till this period and still existing?
Let him answer the above questions amongst others.
Don't call me a pagan, I am a Christian just that I understand the Bible better even than some pastors.
when you see a snae in your house laying close to your children. grab chair sitdown and ponder deeply on the points you mentioned above. angry
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by MrResource(m): 3:03pm On May 07, 2013
Costa2000: My town is 5mins drive from Nnobi which is in Idemili so be it Eke Idemili or whatever,Python is python.In my town it is a taboo to kill python but now many ppl do kill python in my town,It is only the pagan that worship python in my town,they call it their god,we started killing python when we saw one python feeding on eggs.Pythons do feeds on eggs,chickens and rats,so for those that believe that python is their god u better feed ur god.Am a Christain so python can never ever be my God.Even some ppl from Enugu that lives in my town do eat the python sef,for my town python de run enter bush cos na better meat to some ppl.
Nnobi precisely!.its a taboo to kill a Snake.I guess old things have passed away. embarassed

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by prologue: 3:06pm On May 07, 2013
Is he a serpentologist to have been able to identify a small type of python? Inside d room should be dark n andrenalin levels at dt material time, seeing d creature around his kids, would limit caution. Did he kill d one roping along d street? For those shouting murder, is it out of love or fear? What is d relevance of a snake to be bad roads n poverty that pervades? Has the snake healed anyone? Idemili... Are u more of a conservationist than those in U.S killing invading species of pythons on d florida everglades? So, grass cutters n antelopes are less of an animal. What if a tiger kills ur snake god by reason of natural food web. Most naija people, esp ibos, have one foot in church n anoda in idols. Watch masquerade dances. The so called chief asking for his head would be a knight of malumba...

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:12pm On May 07, 2013
^^^^^^^^^He doesnt need to be a serpentologist.. He is a native of that area and is aware of what kind of serpent is. and btw use your brain. how do you think the entire village found out that he killed a snake in his home

It is clear that he did it to instigate the Pagans of the area and to try to score a religious point. angry
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by livingstoneony(m): 3:18pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

HEY SHUT UP! WE ARE TRUE NIGERIANS! WE DONT BELIEVE IN YOUR DEAD ISRAELI FOREIGN GOD!

EVERYONE INCLUDING THAT PASTOR KNOWS THAT IDEMILLI PYTHONS [size=16pt]NEVER[/size] HARM KIDS.

If we found a python, we wouldpick it up and put it in a bush.

GO WORSHIP YOUR DEAD GOD JESUS! OUR GODS ARE ALIVE IN ITS CREATIONS AS THIS PYTHON OR IN YOU AND ME!

Your jesus is worse than a dog. MUMU
are you this stipid? shocked

2 Likes

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by chrisxxx(m): 3:20pm On May 07, 2013
livingstoneony: when you see a snae in your house laying close to your children. grab chair sitdown and ponder deeply on the points you mentioned above. angry
Was he ignorant of the totem of the community where he lives? Let him be sincere with this query.
Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by sushieater: 3:22pm On May 07, 2013
Mortiple:

Ironically, Umuoji that is notorious for all manner of atrocities and evil practices is the town being talked about here.

LOL

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by oboy3(m): 3:22pm On May 07, 2013
if it were in obosi,idemili north,that pastor name for be sorry grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake by oboy3(m): 3:27pm On May 07, 2013
i am from idemili,the pythons there are not harmful,and sure the pastor knew of the traditions there but wants to claim 'jesus james bond'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.