Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates (303058 Views)

Shell Recruitment Day (srd) Shortlisted Candidate / Shell Recruitment Day 2011 / Shell Recruitment Day [srd] Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by kainosk(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2013
recasy: pls who has passed the second stage?? who was able to answer those statistical questions(pie charts, graph etc)... that stuff is too hard.. I just pray dey consider people who got to this stage for the SHELL RECRUITMENT DAY..

So sorry to hear that the questions proved too hard. I however feel that with practice (timed-practice) one tends to perform better. Would you allow me say-the questions are not in themselves hard but the volume of information one has to process within the allotted time to adequately and accurately answer the questions, given the pressure constraint is the main issue.

I would suggest that one practice with SHL format questions as they are similar to cubiks' (the ones the Shell numeric questions are set by).

I am however afraid that they will not be considering people who did not get past this 2nd stage, else what would the idea of having the stages be (There should even still be an interview stage before the SRD). I realized that thousands of us are applying to these limited openings and the Shell recruitment team has the need to create as much hurdles as possible.
May God open new ways for all of us.

THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by kainosk(m): 5:11pm On May 18, 2013
jaki006:
I don't think so, I selected engineering and got numerical as well as situation questions.

If you applied to a 'commercial' role and got technical questions then MAYBE there is a matrix that we are not aware of. As i thought that only candidates who selected 'technical' roles as the two or say one of the two options where we were asked what area of the business we would be interested in, should get technical questions.
I know of someone who is in the engineering field yet applied to a commercial business area and got the numerical test. This is what i believe the stratification is based on-what business areas we select.

Perhaps there is another way the match your application to a possible business arealipsrsealed . We never can tell in totality from out here. wink

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Salore4real(m): 5:54pm On May 18, 2013
this is the message i got in my inbox after the second test.. is dis an indication of success?? or what??

Thank you for your interest in a career with Shell and for taking the time to submit your application. We are pleased to inform you that you have completed the online assessment.

We will now give careful consideration to your application. You will receive separate notification of the outcome in due course.

Please note that our communication with you with regard to your application is mostly done via email. Therefore, we would appreciate it if you could check your email inbox regularly to ensure we maintain close contact throughout your application.

Please note that if you have previously applied as a graduate, you must wait at least 12 months from the date of your final outcome (three years following attendance at a Shell Recruitment Day or Final Assessment) before submitting another intern or graduate application. If you have applied within 12 months from the date of your final outcome, we will be unable to process your new application.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by dademonie(f): 5:54pm On May 18, 2013
I just saw this
How to apply via a Shell Recruitment Day
Step 1 - online application
Visit www.shell.com/graduate and set up an application account. This involves completing an application form and uploading the latest copy of your CV. You can then search for available opportunities by selecting the region and country of work location.
* When searching for opportunities please check you are eligible to work in the chosen country/location.
Once you have successfully completed the online applicationssessment we’ll give careful consideration to your application by reviewing your details against the positioned CAR criteria.
Step 2 - online assessment
Once you’ve successfully submitted your online application, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to complete the online assessment.
The online assessment consists of two parts:
Part 1: competency-based questions
These will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and will not be timed. Once completed, you’ll receive an email notification with the outcome.
You will need to successfully complete this first part of the assessment before proceeding to the second.
Part 2: a decision-making and problem-solving task
The second part of the online assessment consists of two tasks: a decision-making task that assesses how you respond to common situations that Shell graduates may face, and a problem-solving task that assesses your capacity for solving numerical problems. The decision-making task is not timed, but the problem-solving task has a set time limit of 18 minutes. In total, the online assessment should take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
You will have seven working days to complete each online assessment.
Step 3 - an interview
Once you have successfully completed the online assessment, we’ll give careful consideration to your application by reviewing your details against the positioned CAR criteria. Following this, you may be invited to a first stage interview.
The interview will take place either face to face or over the telephone. This is an opportunity for you to tell us more about your motivations for applying, your achievements, the challenges you've faced and how you've demonstrated the qualities we're looking for.
Step 4 - Shell Recruitment Day
Following success in the first-stage interview, yYou will attend an afternoon of non-assessed, interactive activities where you’ll be given further insights into our global businesses. The next day you will complete a range of assessed exercises which include an online simulation of working on a real project, a written exercise, group discussion, self-reflection interview, presentation-based case study including a presentation and final interview.
Step 5 - an offer
The Shell Recruitment Day concludes your assessment. Upon completion, we’ll be in touch to let you know the final outcome for suitable places on our Graduate Programme.
http://www.shell.com/global/aboutshell/careers/students-and-graduates/recruitment_day/application_process_srd.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigoduni: 7:49pm On May 18, 2013
presiade:
Ensure you are using a strong internet connection and make sure the browser on which your email address is opened is actively connected althrough; allow the page to fully load.
all these av bin done and its stil d same tin. No respone from them either
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by moneyhungry(m): 9:50pm On May 18, 2013
dademonie: I just saw this
Visit www.shell.com/graduate and set up an application account. This involves completing an application form and uploading the latest copy of your CV. You can then search for available opportunities by selecting the region and country of work location.
* When searching for opportunities please check you are eligible to work in the chosen country/location.
Once you have successfully completed the online applicationssessment we’ll give careful consideration to your application by reviewing your details against the positioned CAR criteria.
Once you’ve successfully submitted your online application, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to complete the online assessment.
These will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and will not be timed. Once completed, you’ll receive an email notification with the outcome.
You will need to successfully complete this first part of the assessment before proceeding to the second.
The second part of the online assessment consists of two tasks: a decision-making task that assesses how you respond to common situations that Shell graduates may face, and a problem-solving task that assesses your capacity for solving numerical problems. The decision-making task is not timed, but the problem-solving task has a set time limit of 18 minutes. In total, the online assessment should take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
Step 3 - an interview
Once you have successfully completed the online assessment, we’ll give careful consideration to your application by reviewing your details against the positioned CAR criteria. Following this, you may be invited to a first stage interview.
The interview will take place either face to face or over the telephone. This is an opportunity for you to tell us more about your motivations for applying, your achievements, the challenges you've faced and how you've demonstrated the qualities we're looking for.
Following success in the first-stage interview, yYou will attend an afternoon of non-assessed, interactive activities where you’ll be given further insights into our global businesses. The next day you will complete a range of assessed exercises which include an online simulation of working on a real project, a written exercise, group discussion, self-reflection interview, presentation-based case study including a presentation and final interview.
Step 5 - an offer
The Shell Recruitment Day concludes your assessment. Upon completion, we’ll be in touch to let you know the final outcome for suitable places on our Graduate Programme.
http://www.shell.com/global/aboutshell/careers/students-and-graduates/recruitment_day/application_process_srd.html
it isn't going to be easy at all.
bro j, na ur hand i dey o.... no fall my hand abeg.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by moneyhungry(m): 9:50pm On May 18, 2013
Step 3 - an interview
Step 5 - an offer
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 1:31am On May 19, 2013
Scaled 2ru d second stage,wz nerve rackin indeed,thou i wz only sua of 7/16 nd i had 2 guess d remainin cos of limited tym.i thank God fr seeign mi 2ru,,nt frgetn d info shared here too,u guys re great
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by playto(m): 7:18am On May 19, 2013
money-hungry :

Is dis all we shud prepare to go tru if selected.To get work no easy ooo.God dey
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by mualima: 9:14am On May 19, 2013
Pls guys, i need tips on the decision making part of the 2nd stage of the online assessment, pls anybody?? thanks.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 9:48am On May 19, 2013
Deichi:

try doing some practise SHL before diving into it ... thats what ive been up to ..
plzzzz, culd any1 help send a copy of SHL questions 2 my mail box, its important. Here's my mail adress...erique333@gmail.com tanx a miliion
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nduson20: 11:12am On May 19, 2013
GOD HELP ME THROUGH THE REST STAGES IN JESUS NAME. THERE ARE MANY REASONS TO WORRY, BUT THERE ARE GREATER REASONS NOT WORRY. THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

Step 3 - an interview
Step 5 - an offer
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Deichi(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2013
Those shell guys are hella thorough.. Watched three different ppl take the tests.. no one had similar questions in the numerical bit! also .. the assesment is divided into two parts.. the first one ( the decision making part) has general tech questions and field specific questions! For the numerical bit i can say that For as many people that applied, they have different sets of numerical test questions! Its just the time .. They are fairly easy
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Omamusi(f): 1:11pm On May 19, 2013
Pls nairalanders,help me out wℓ̊†̥ђ d shl soft copy,plssss really indeed of it.Oledhereadline@gmail.com
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by masagoody(m): 1:26pm On May 19, 2013
am still yet to fully understand how i scaled through those assessment questions... Baba God, ur hand dey this one. Thanks.
Lets just trust God for the other stages... The stages were designed to recruit us(entry level), not top managers or professionals. So it cannot be above what we can handle... To every thing there is a time and season... Just believe you can go all the way, and prepare to do so. Remember the race is not to the swift though.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by kainosk(m): 3:22pm On May 19, 2013
Omamusi: Pls nairalanders,help me out wℓ̊†̥ђ d shl soft copy,plssss really indeed of it.Oledhereadline@gmail.com

If you google SHL tests, you will find links that are helpful.You can even take timed tests on the SHL website. Here is the link - www​.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html

You could try other links too.The key is in getting a hang of the concepts.All questions are based on basic percentages,ratio,multi-level additions,subtractions,multiplication & division etc. Secret is finding the quickest ways to solve them without having to write it all out-saving time.

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Tomjis4God: 4:13pm On May 19, 2013
Pls who has received message from them after stage two? How long will it take 2 get the message from them?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by masagoody(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2013
Omamusi: Pls nairalanders,help me out wℓ̊†̥ђ d shl soft copy,plssss really indeed of it.Oledhereadline@gmail.com
check ur box
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by masagoody(m): 5:00pm On May 19, 2013
Tomjis4God: Pls who has received message from them after stage two? How long will it take 2 get the message from them?
guy, it's shell we are talking about here, not one small company looking for 20 new employees. So, the journey far wella. Just go continue your normal life. Wen them need you, them go ping u...
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by muredo(m): 8:54pm On May 19, 2013
saintneo: mate! You mean some received a rejection letter after the the PART 2?
Yes,is true
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by jstringz(m): 10:20pm On May 19, 2013
Bin qui£e a while, Seemz ve los£ a bi£ of s£eam when i£ comes 2 ap£i£ude £es£. Anyway, assessmen£ under review.

le£s seee hw i£ goes
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Ishilove: 10:25pm On May 19, 2013
Tomjis4God: Pls who has received message from them after stage two? How long will it take 2 get the message from them?
Guy relax, you dey 'beh'. When they are ready for you they will contact you. Stop jumping and go on with your life
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Ishilove: 10:26pm On May 19, 2013
masagoody: guy, it's shell we are talking about here, not one small company looking for 20 new employees. So, the journey far wella. Just go continue your normal life. Wen them need you, them go ping u...
As in ehn... undecided
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by jstringz(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2013
Giovinco: Scaled 2ru d second stage,wz nerve rackin indeed,thou i wz only sua of 7/16 nd i had 2 guess d remainin cos of limited tym.i thank God fr seeign mi 2ru,,nt frgetn d info shared here too,u guys re great

"Scaled £hru d 2nd s£age"...

Did £hey send u a success mail

Ur commen£ is a bi£ nebulous.

Can u elucida£e fur£her? I £ho£ £hey are reviewing d assessment. Da£z wa£ £hey £old me anyway.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Password77(m): 10:53pm On May 19, 2013
masagoody: check ur box
bro i'll be glad if you send me the SHL softcopy. My email is entityjoefrankdeelite@yahoo.com
thanks!
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by sharqur99: 11:00pm On May 19, 2013
Tforcool: my second assessment was not numerical but technical questions, is anybody's assessment like my own?

Did u apply for technical position...Wat kind of questions were u asked for the technical part?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by dholarpo: 6:28am On May 20, 2013
Goodmorning Nairalanders. Please I want to confirm if its possible I log out after the decision making test then practise abit before loggin in for the numerical. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by masagoody(m): 6:42am On May 20, 2013
dholarpo: Goodmorning Nairalanders. Please I want to confirm if its possible I log out after the decision making test then practise abit before loggin in for the numerical. Thanks in anticipation.
yes. All need do is copy the link sent to you into a new tab and launch it. It wil take u to the last page u were before logging out
also, paradventure you had a down time with your network signal, just relaunch the link.(do not use the window's back key to return to a previous page, rather use the navigation keys at the bottom of each page)

gud morni all. Happy new week and happy waiting...
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 7:33am On May 20, 2013
Pls who has an idea what the C.A.R criteria is?
[quote author=dademonie].
Step 3 - an interview
Once you have successfully completed the online assessment, we’ll give careful consideration to your application by reviewing your details against the positioned CAR criteria.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by masagoody(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2013
michaeled45: Pls who has an idea what the C.A.R criteria is?
capacity
achievement
relationship building skills
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by kemzole(f): 8:08am On May 20, 2013
Has anybody received a success mail after the 2nd stage of the assessment? i completed my assessment on thursday and since then,no mail from them except from the initial one they sent immediately after the test
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Ene101(m): 9:46am On May 20, 2013
I applied for the test but i did not pass the first assessment test. I wish you guys who scaled through the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (46) (Reply)

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / N-Power Batch C1 & C2 - 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.