Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

About Shares In Some Banks - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / About Shares In Some Banks (1385 Views)

Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE / Buying Stocks, Bonds And Shares In Nigeria / Buying Shares in Nigeria: Companies, Stock Market Trends, & Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Shares In Some Banks by mrikay: 8:08am On May 08, 2013
Hello People,
Please help me. I own about 2500 shares in Access bank, and 4000 in Fidelity bank. I have the certificates. I dont even remember where I put the edividend.
Pls, is there a way i can use the dividend to buy more shares? I mean Automatically?
Thanks.
Re: About Shares In Some Banks by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 09, 2013
You can re-invest your dividend but not automatically except you have a dividend reinvestment plan with your stock broker. Meanwhile are those certificates verified yet? Your stock broker can help you track your accumulated dividend
Re: About Shares In Some Banks by billyadam(m): 10:44am On May 13, 2013
I have shares belonging to Spring Bank now Enterprise
BAnk belonging to my Dad. I would like to know if I can
still get the shares dispose off given the fact it has been
acquired by AMCON. If yes hw do I go abt it
Re: About Shares In Some Banks by Elai147: 11:54am On May 13, 2013
billyadam: I have shares belonging to Spring Bank now Enterprise
BAnk belonging to my Dad. I would like to know if I can
still get the shares dispose off given the fact it has been
acquired by AMCON. If yes hw do I go abt it

If you have shares in a company that is now owned by AMCON those shares are gone. I had 122,000 units shares with bank PHB now Keystone bank and it has disappeared from my CSCS account and when I asked CSCS they told me the shares are gone forever.
Re: About Shares In Some Banks by billyadam(m): 5:16pm On May 13, 2013
Elai147:

If you have shares in a company that is now owned by AMCON those shares are gone. I had 122,000 units shares with bank PHB now Keystone bank and it has disappeared from my CSCS account and when I asked CSCS they told me the shares are gone forever.

Are u really sure of wot u are saying.
If u have a broker's number, let me have it so I can call them to have full explanation of this. I am in Ondo State.
Re: About Shares In Some Banks by Elai147: 6:36pm On May 13, 2013
billyadam:

Are u really sure of wot u are saying.
If u have a broker's number, let me have it so I can call them to have full explanation of this. I am in Ondo State.

That's what I was told as a shareholder of Bank PHB. I do not know of Spring bank but I am sure the same applies to their shareholders. It is only a miracle that can bring back those shares. AMCON will definitely sell those banks to capable investors and maybe, just maybe, the new owners may have sympathy and compensate shareholders (most probably not possible). The new investors will first need to repay the government the money that AMCON injected into these banks before anything and shareholders are their least worries. They are not obliged to replace your shares except if they decide to be merciful.

I suggest you call your broker for advise on this or call CSCS and ask them what happened to your Spring bank shares. These coys don't exist anymore and so how do you expect to own a share in a company that no longer exist? In my opinion, I will advise you cut your losses and move on. I lost a lot on Bank PHB and Oceanic shares but I never gave up and now I am beginning to recuperate those losses from gains of other shares investments. Stock investment is a risk. We only need to learn from what happened and take necessary actions in order to prevent such losses in the future.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos BRT Business / Most Of Get Help Worldwide Whasapp Group Admin Are Funny!!! / I Want To Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.