Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? (1181 Views)

Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! / 10 Habits That Cause Body Odor / How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by justin04(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2008
I just have a guest come in from Nigeria older than me. It is ok he is visiting and glad to have him. But he has a strong body odor. It is so strong that it takes over the room in few minutes after he comes in. I am not sure how to break the news to him, but something has to be done. Everone that comes in contact with him since he arrives pull me aside to say something about this. It is so hard to show him around the city in this condition. Please help any advise will be greatful.
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by justin04(m): 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2008
Oh my topic said close friend, but no he is not that close, if he was it would be easier to say.
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by inze(m): 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2008
justin04:

I just have a guest come in from Nigeria older than me. It is ok he is visiting and glad to have him. But he has a strong body odor. It is so strong that it takes over the room in few minutes after he comes in. I am not sure how to break the news to him, but something has to be done. Everone that comes in contact with him since he arrives pull me aside to say something about this. It is so hard to show him around the city in this condition. Please help any advise will be greatful.

simply say "do you know you'll smell nice if you use a deodorant" politely and with beeming smiles for him/her not to take offense.

Inze
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2008
The subtle approach doesn't have any effect on some folk, so, no pussy-footing about.

I just tell them straight, that their body odour is overpowering, and what are they going to do about it?

No time to mess about.
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by Uche2nna(m): 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2008
U should take him shopping and both of u should take turns in picking out deodarant and sweet smelling soap. If he is smart he would take the hint. Worked for me.
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2008
Uche2nna:

You should take him shopping and both of u should take turns in picking out deodarant and sweet smelling soap. If he is smart he would take the hint. Worked for me.

His clothes has to be washed with some special soap as well. undecided
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:31am On Apr 21, 2008
Just tell 'em, undecided
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by Steroid101(m): 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2008
just ask him, what type of pefume he uses, that you don't like the smell, that he should try Nivea deodourant, so that when he sweats, their will be no effect from his arm pit. He will decode. Please which ever works let us know
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by TomTish(f): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2008
I had the same experience 2 years ago, when i had a visitor who stayed with us for 4weeks. The odour was overpowering, the visitor had both mouth and body odour and it was offensive. He came in the winter time, so all windows were always locked, but we ended up opening the windows and i guess he got the message but I just couldn't bring myself to tell him so as not to hurt his feelings. As a parting gift i bought him a deodorant and a perfume.
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by Ebonyj(f): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2008
Buy him a deodorant and perfume, and let him know it is in vogue to smell nice.
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by TCUBE(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2008
buy him/her a deodorant as a gift
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by Riskie(f): 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2008
First go out and buy him some deodorant, soap and perfume. Then go straight up to him, give him the items and tell him "Dude, I'm sorry to tell you but you STINK and you really need to take care of yourself" I think he would really appreciate it. It's better that it comes from you than from a random person on the street. If I smelled bad I would want my friend to tell me, honestly. smiley
Re: How Do You Tell A Not So Close Friend He Has Body Odor? by OgaMadam(f): 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2008
Both you and him go shopping.  You pay for it all.

Then put in his and your shopping basket smelly stuff like roll on and all.

Say your going out tonight so yall need to BATH and look good.

Then use your stuff ask if he has used his, make sure he does.

Then go out. 

Next day i doubt he will go back to the old self.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me O! / Slimming Tips / Epilepsy (knowing All About It) And How To Manage It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.