Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Cloned First Bank Website- Caveat Emptor - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Cloned First Bank Website- Caveat Emptor (1199 Views)

Fraudsters Shop Abroad With Cloned Nigerian ATM Cards / SCAM ALERT: FAKE Gtb Cloned Internet Banking Platform..>>beware<< / GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cloned First Bank Website- Caveat Emptor by gbokukueba(m): 9:43am On May 08, 2013
I got an email from Firstcontact@firstbankplc.com <8wz@018.it>;

please upgrade your account by following the reference
below

UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT NOW

Note:failure to upgrade accounts may lead to temporary
suspension.

REGARDS
First Bank

Eventhough i didnt have a First Bank account i decided to open the link to view what this scam is about and it took me to a different url http://www.luiscabareda.com/en/teorias/fbn.html but the content of the site was Firsbank...

Please be vigilant!!!

Re: Cloned First Bank Website- Caveat Emptor by henryphyol(m): 7:51am On May 25, 2013
Shame
Re: Cloned First Bank Website- Caveat Emptor by Elai147: 1:53pm On May 25, 2013
@OP I suggest you change your password. When you see a link in a suspicious email message, don't click it. Phishing emails sometimes do not rely solely on the information that you enter in the online form which they usually ask you to fill and submit for whatever reason. Sometimes when you click on a link in a phishing email, your login and password will automatically be sent to the cyber criminals and they will take control of your email box. You may rest your mouse pointer on the link (but don't click) to see if the address matches the link that was typed in the message. When you rest your mouse pointer on it, the real address will be displayed. Clicking on the link can also lead you to .exe files.
Re: Cloned First Bank Website- Caveat Emptor by gbokukueba(m): 11:00am On May 27, 2013
Elai147: @OP I suggest you change your password. When you see a link in a suspicious email message, don't click it. Phishing emails sometimes do not rely solely on the information that you enter in the online form which they usually ask you to fill and submit for whatever reason. Sometimes when you click on a link in a phishing email, your login and password will automatically be sent to the cyber criminals and they will take control of your email box. You may rest your mouse pointer on the link (but don't click) to see if the address matches the link that was typed in the message. When you rest your mouse pointer on it, the real address will be displayed. Clicking on the link can also lead you to .exe files.

Thanks dude... but i dont even have a first bank account!

(1) (Reply)

What Rate Is Treasury Bill Sold / True Life Story / Finally, Npower 2018 Posting List Is Out View Your Deployment Area Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.