Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,557 members, 7,861,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:09 PM

Linda Ikeji Apologizes To Covenant University Students Over Incorrect Blogpost - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji Apologizes To Covenant University Students Over Incorrect Blogpost (747 Views)

Linda Ikeji Apologizes Over Bag Scandal. Suggests Hermes Screenshots Were Fake / Headies: Olamide Apologizes To His Fan For Using Swear Words On TV / Linda Ikeji Apologizes To Kemi Omololu-olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Apologizes To Covenant University Students Over Incorrect Blogpost by ChisomMalachy(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2013
The popular blogger has been accused of thriving on rumours and half truths in the past.
Nigeria’s most famous blogger, Linda Ikeji, drew the anger of Covenant University students, Wednesday, after she posted a blog that appeared factually incorrect about their mate.

Linda incurred the rage after she posted a story about the death – suicide – of a Covenant University student, Ndubuisi Brown.
Linda had in a post, said Brown committed suicide. Apparently, Brown drowned in a Lagos beach.

She has since apologized.
“Covenant University Students, I apologize. Your friend died, he didn’t commit suicide. But thanks for making me trend. It’s been a while,” she tweeted.

But her apology was seemingly not enough to calm the incensed students who took to Twitter and trended #Lindalies and #Lindaliedon Wednesday.
Using those hash tags, the students attributed all manner of outrageous and barefaced lies to the blogger in mock headlines.
“Stephen Keshi has been tipped to become the next manager of Man
U after Ferguson’s retirement,” @Bjorn_LJ said in the tweet-rant that equally got the incensed students excited about their ability to use social media tools to fight a cause.

The post on Linda’s blog has been updated to reflect the drowning version.
“…OK, let me apologize properly. CU students, I’m very sorry. Your friend drowned, he didn’t commit suicide. I was misinformed. Forgive me,” the blogger begged.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Rapper 2 Chainz Robbed In Broad Day Light / Don Jazzy First To Get World Most Expensive Champhane (photo) / Urgent: Missing Person!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.