Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,539 members, 7,770,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:21 AM

Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - (15678 Views)

2d Animaton Learning Thread / Tutorial On Design A Full Website Graphics From Scratch / Learn 3ds Max Or Maya From Scratch To The Advance Level. Video Dvds 4 Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by pinehazel(m): 7:20pm On May 09, 2013
Printing Production Process and Analysis:
My name is Mosiu Adelabu Kazeem I will be your host on this platform all through, teaching you everything you need to know, and also to become a printing agent in less than a month. In this, article you will be taught step-by-step how to start any kind of printing project from start to finishing. Projects like Calendar production, invitation card, jotter, shopping bag, handbill, posters, business cards, letterhead, etc.
I will not only teach you how to do all these, but also show you the secrets to costing any form of projects no matter what quantity it is. All for free!
Flier Production Process:
Flier is also known to be handbill. It is usually recognized by a particular size called "A5" in printing term. This size may either be vertical or horizontal depending on the choice adopted by the graphic designer who created it as stipulated in the brief by the owner of the project.
If you want to dabble into production of filers; certain number of factor must be considered, starting with design source. Who is that person or company to handle the art work.
This is a very important aspect that must be handled with care; because whatever is designed will be used in the remaining stages of the production process.
What do I mean?
In any form of printing, art work plays a major role which can make or mar any project.
I will advise you to pay much more attention to where, who and why your design or artwork has to be trusted in to the custody of a particular person or agent.
Your artwork must be handled by an expert in that field; who has made every necessary bad and good judgment in that profession with years of experience is qualified to handle such delicate and sensitive stage of production. I will be there for you, should you have anything to involving graphic design/artwork. Contact me for honest and professional advice.

Requirement For Hand Bill Production .
a. Artwork d. Paper
b. Digital film e. Impression
c. Plate making f. Finishing
Obviously, we have spent some valuable time discussing artwork, but doesn’t mean we still don’t have relevant things to mention. This time around I only want to make a salient point on your design presentation and setting. Designs are meant for various purposes; church program flier design is expected to wear a different look from that of entertainment industry. Make sure that you are not carried away with the beauty of any design. Be certain that it suits the category it is meant for, before proceeding to filming stage

Digital Filming: This is the stage when designed artwork is being transformed into film by a machine called Digital Separation Machine. This machine is programmed in such a way that all colours present in any artwork design is separated into one, two, three or four process colours that will eventually enable plate making. Note this: before an artwork gets to late making stage you must consider the number of colours involved in the designed artwork.
An artwork could be single colour, 2colours, 3colours or 4colours termed cyan, magenta, yellow and black. These colors formed the basis on which price is fixed on printing machine. The process whereby film is exposed on to the surface of a plate sheet is called lithography.

Impression Running: Here is the stage where images that are exposed on the plates is being transferred to the surface of paper material. This process could be better understood if you can take a visit in form of excursion to a nearby printing press around you. This is just for you to physically comprehend what I am teaching you in theory. But if you are going to have challenge with that; I can organize one for you in my printing press. Depending on the quantity needed, a printing machine could print as many as possible quantity of project at hand. Lest I forget, quantity is usually measured in number of papers (print run) to be used.

Paper: This is a crucial stage in printing where choices are made in what kind/type and quality as well as quantity of paper material needed to execute a printing project.
There are different types of paper available for printing predominantly we have papers and card. In the paper category; present are art-paper, mart-paper, bond-paper, conqueror etc. While in the card category, we have art-card, mart-card, alabaster-card, vanguard-card, chip board etc. The choice of kind of paper or card to be used depends largely on the nature of the project before you.

Printing Run /Quantity: This is the most important part of this article, and I will advise you pay utmost attention to every single point mentioned.
For an aspiring printing contract agent; understanding the quantity and cost implication in any project will be a pointer to your success in this industry. Let’s take for instance, you have an order to produce 20,000 copies of 6”x 9” handbill; the pertinent question should be “how much am I going to charge per copy? And how do I go about determination the cost involved?.

Don’t worry; you are not alone …..
To start with, I will want to make a check list of what is required to produce such quantity of handbill as well as the cost attached to each.
Check list;
a. Art work d. Paper
b. Film Making e. Impression
c. Plate making (Lithograghy) f. finishing
Before any cost could be determined, you must firstly consider the type of printing machine you want to use for printing-run, which is going to be the yard- stick for the cost of each item on your checklist.
There are different types of printing machines available, but at this stage of learning, I will want to restrict you to the most commonly used.

Types of printing machines:
1. Speed master (SM) 4 - 5 colours at a time
2. Sord - 2colour at a time
3. Kord - 1color at a time
4. Gestetner-1colour a time

to be continued in the next 48hours .... Thank You and God bless ....Mosiu Adelabu Kazeem
Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by spywareczar(m): 10:23pm On May 09, 2013
I must really commend Ɣøµ for taking your time to write this educating piece on printing processes, thumbs up Sir, it'll sure be of good help to those who wish to venture into printing business, I worked in a printing press for some months though and am familiar with printing processes and you indeed hit 99% part of it, i think it would be great if Ɣøµ include "COMPUTER SEPARATION" because Ɣøµ only mentioned DIGITAL SEPARATION. Just suggesting though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by pinehazel(m): 12:24pm On May 10, 2013
Thank you my broda! i am actually taking every step after the other, the computer separation you mentioned is going to be discussed when we get to graphic design stage
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by Jaybliss2011(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2013
thanks bro, enjoying ur tutorials
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by Dewze(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by Dewze(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by BBDelta(m): 12:48pm On May 14, 2013
pinehazel: Printing Production Process and Analysis:
My name is Mosiu Adelabu Kazeem I will be your host on this platform all through, teaching you everything you need to know, and also to become a printing agent in less than a month. In this, article you will be taught step-by-step how to start any kind of printing project from start to finishing. Projects like Calendar production, invitation card, jotter, shopping bag, handbill, posters, business cards, letterhead, etc.
I will not only teach you how to do all these, but also show you the secrets to costing any form of projects no matter what quantity it is. All for free!
Flier Production Process:
Flier is also known to be handbill. It is usually recognized by a particular size called as in printing term. This size may either be vertical or horizontal depending on the choice adopted by the graphic designer who created it as stipulated in the brief by the owner of the project.
If you want to dabble into production of filers; certain number of factor must be considered, starting with design source. Who is that person or company to handle the art work.
This is a very important aspect that must be handled with care; because whatever is designed will be used in the remaining stages of the production process.
What do I mean?
In any form of printing, art work plays a major role which can make or mar any project.
I will advise you to pay much more attention to where, who and why your design or artwork has to be trusted in to the custody of a particular person or agent.
Your artwork must be handled by an expert in that field; who has made every necessary bad and good judgment in that profession with years of experience is qualified to handle such delicate and sensitive stage of production. I will be there for you, should you have anything to involving graphic design/artwork. Contact me for honest and professional advice.

Requirement For Hand Bill Production .
a. Artwork d. Paper
b. Digital film e. Impression
c. Plate making f. Finishing
Obviously, we have spent some valuable time discussing artwork, but doesn’t mean we still don’t have relevant things to mention. This time around I only want to make a salient point on your design presentation and setting. Designs are meant for various purposes; church program flier design is expected to wear a different look from that of entertainment industry. Make sure that you are not carried away with the beauty of any design. Be certain that it suits the category it is meant for, before proceeding to filming stage

Digital Filming: This is the stage when designed artwork is being transformed into film by a machine called Digital Separation Machine. This machine is programmed in such a way that all colours present in any artwork design is separated into one, two, three or four process colours that will eventually enable plate making. Note this: before an artwork gets to late making stage you must consider the number of colours involved in the designed artwork.
An artwork could be single colour, 2colours, 3colours or 4colours termed cyan, magenta, yellow and black. These colors formed the basis on which price is fixed on printing machine. The process whereby film is exposed on to the surface of a plate sheet is called lithography.

Impression Running: Here is the stage where images that are exposed on the plates is being transferred to the surface of paper material. This process could be better understood if you can take a visit in form of excursion to a nearby printing press around you. This is just for you to physically comprehend what I am teaching you in theory. But if you are going to have challenge with that; I can organize one for you in my printing press. Depending on the quantity needed, a printing machine could print as many as possible quantity of project at hand. Lest I forget, quantity is usually measured in number of papers (print run) to be used.

Paper: This is a crucial stage in printing where choices are made in what kind/type and quality as well as quantity of paper material needed to execute a printing project.
There are different types of paper available for printing predominantly we have papers and card. In the paper category; present are art-paper, mart-paper, bond-paper, conqueror etc. While in the card category, we have art-card, mart-card, alabaster-card, vanguard-card, chip board etc. The choice of kind of paper or card to be used depends largely on the nature of the project before you.

Printing Run /Quantity: This is the most important part of this article, and I will advise you pay utmost attention to every single point mentioned.
For an aspiring printing contract agent; understanding the quantity and cost implication in any project will be a pointer to your success in this industry. Let’s take for instance, you have an order to produce 20,000 copies of 6”x 9” handbill; the pertinent question should be “how much am I going to charge per copy? And how do I go about determination the cost involved?.

Don’t worry; you are not alone …..
To start with, I will want to make a check list of what is required to produce such quantity of handbill as well as the cost attached to each.
Check list;
a. Art work d. Paper
b. Film Making e. Impression
c. Plate making (Lithograghy) f. finishing
Before any cost could be determined, you must firstly consider the type of printing machine you want to use for printing-run, which is going to be the yard- stick for the cost of each item on your checklist.
There are different types of printing machines available, but at this stage of learning, I will want to restrict you to the most commonly used.

Types of printing machines:
1. Speed master (SM) 4 - 5 colours at a time
2. Sord - 2colour at a time
3. Kord - 1color at a time
4. Gestetner-1colour a time

to be continued in the next 48hours .... Thank You and God bless ....Mosiu Adelabu Kazeem
Cheers!

Nice work Kazeem, keep it up!
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by pinehazel(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2013
Section 2:
I will love to start with the third on list above. KORD printing machine is arguably one of the most commonly used machine in Nigeria at present. It has the capacity of printing any image and paper size measured at 18inches by 24inches (18” x 24”). In a situation where size requirement is beyond this said size, a larger machine must be considered for use.
In this case SORD and SPEEDMASTER(SM) printing machine will be perfect for such larger sizes. They have the capacity of printing twice the size of that of KORD. While the GESTETNER earlier mentioned can only print a quarter size of KORD image/paper size called A4 as well as Legal size.
In printing term, sizes are named in As. A KORD paper printing size is called A2, SORD/SPEEDMASTER is called A1 and the GESTETNER size known to be A4.
…Back to the matter!
Please don’t open or close anything here, because we are discussing print, lol.
The figure below is an assumed handbill size I wanted to produce.

*N.B. the pic won’t show here because of the platform you are reading this article. But you can get for it in the PDF format. But not withstanding you is still going to get what am about to discuss here.
Assuming I have an order to produce 20,000 copies of a 6”x 9” handbill. I make Art paper my choice of paper to do the printing. Usually papers are packed in a unique and universal size. Art paper and some in its category for instance are measured in size to be 24” x 36”. This is exact size a SORD and SM can comfortably print on without a need to cut it before use.
In this project, I am considering using KORD printing machine to produce the 20,000 copies of 6”x 8” handbill for economic reason. This you will understand in the course of my writing. Here is what I will always advise you to do first. You will need to have it in mind that KORD paper size is 24”x 18”, that makes it half on the paper size you will buy from the paper merchant.
See figure below:
The diagram above explains how the raw paper size look like. Then the you will have to cut it into two equal halves in order to suit the machine planned for the print run.
This other diagram below shows the number of ups(times) an handbill size of 6”x9” can go in a single sheet of 24”x36”. The reason we are doing this is to understand the number of A1 sheets as well as A2sheets we will actually need to print 20,000copies.
…Here is what you will do!
If in A2 size we can achieve 8 sheets of A5(6”x9”) handbill size, that means we will need (20,000/8 sheets) = 2,500 sheets of A2 size. Don’t forget that I told you that paper is usually packed in A1 size. i:e 24x36 meaning you will still have to divide 2500sheets by half, in order to determine the cost. Therefore, half of 2500 sheets will be 1,250 in sheets.
I will once again advise you not to get bored at this stage of learning; because once you can get this right, every other things will be a piece of cake. This is actually the costing stage in printing knowledge.
In the paper industry, papers are packaged in reams while cards are usually packaged in packets. A ream of paper has 500 sheets in it while packet of card is usually wrapped in 100s.
Papers and cards are also being differentiated by weight, which is measured in grams. Each grams has its price be it low or high. As at the time of writing this article, a ream of art paper costs N9,500 of 150grams. We have 115grm, 135grms, and also 170grms depending on the specification required for the project.
Now that we have been able to establish the number of sheets of A2 to produce 20,000 sheets of handbill, the next thing is to ascertain how many reams we will need. Remember that I mentioned how many sheets in a ream to be 500. And its been established that we need 1,250 sheets of A1(24”x36”). Therefore, 1250 is to be divided by 500 and that will give us two and half reams.
Moreover, what we need to do here is to multiply the cost of a ream with the number of reams just calculated. At this point N9,500 will be multiply by 2.5 reams making it N23,750. That is the cost required to get the paper needed.
… I just hope we are on same page!

Hope to post soonest!

3 Likes

Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by spywareczar(m): 4:30pm On May 20, 2013
ride on Sir
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Thank you for the info. We are waiting.
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by walexsho(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2015
I wish to learn printing work, please kindly link me up
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by coreseam: 7:18am On Aug 01, 2015
nicework there namesake
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by walexsho(m): 8:03am On Aug 01, 2015
You didn't leave your contact details
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by megamindmaster(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
Oga pinehazel, pls come and continue, am really learning a lot from this. Make out some time abeg, and make some posts
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by walexsho(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
It seams my boss has got no time to come in here again, it's been long he posted this piece.
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by immortality25(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nice one bro I love ur tutorial thank very much, am into drawing.

1 Like

Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by immortality25(m): 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
That's what I draw but I don't knw how to paint very well but I can use only pencil shading that's all.
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by walexsho(m): 1:59am On Sep 24, 2015
can someone please continue from where Mr Kazeem stopped I'm new to this business. I think there's is still more to learn ... based on business experience... how to ensure Quality prints on Non DI machine which is expensive for large volume jobs.
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by walexsho(m): 7:12am On Sep 24, 2015
please don't mind my silly questions, I need you to share more experience... how do I ensure quality Job...

1. due to the fact that kord is only economical for larger quantity prints. Pleeeease ... with kord 64, can you explain how to maximise profit for 200 - 400 copies job of A5 sized party programme book using art card and art paper (4 colour back cover, 10 leafs inner "i.e 5 A4 inside"wink
2. Can Gestetner 201.. be used for a separation job(4 colour) and yet achieve the quality that is close to DI, if Yes... how ?
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by abdulslutsky(m): 9:25am On Oct 17, 2015
Please, continue sir. May God's favour shine in you. In fact, this tutorial is worth thousands of naira.
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by pinehazel(m): 1:01am On Oct 18, 2015
ok! I will resume in a fourth-night.
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by ConsultSip(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nice job bro, but please don't for to include the fact that paper wastage is to be provided for when printing on offset printing machines.
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by Maximus85(m): 2:46am On Feb 27, 2016
pinehazel:
Section 2:
I will love to start with the third on list above. KORD printing machine is arguably one of the most commonly used machine in Nigeria at present. It has the capacity of printing any image and paper size measured at 18inches by 24inches (18” x 24”). In a situation where size requirement is beyond this said size, a larger machine must be considered for use.
In this case SORD and SPEEDMASTER(SM) printing machine will be perfect for such larger sizes. They have the capacity of printing twice the size of that of KORD. While the GESTETNER earlier mentioned can only print a quarter size of KORD image/paper size called A4 as well as Legal size.
In printing term, sizes are named in As. A KORD paper printing size is called A2, SORD/SPEEDMASTER is called A1 and the GESTETNER size known to be A4.
…Back to the matter!
Please don’t open or close anything here, because we are discussing print, lol.
The figure below is an assumed handbill size I wanted to produce.

*N.B. the pic won’t show here because of the platform you are reading this article. But you can get for it in the PDF format. But not withstanding you is still going to get what am about to discuss here.
Assuming I have an order to produce 20,000 copies of a 6”x 9” handbill. I make Art paper my choice of paper to do the printing. Usually papers are packed in a unique and universal size. Art paper and some in its category for instance are measured in size to be 24” x 36”. This is exact size a SORD and SM can comfortably print on without a need to cut it before use.
In this project, I am considering using KORD printing machine to produce the 20,000 copies of 6”x 8” handbill for economic reason. This you will understand in the course of my writing. Here is what I will always advise you to do first. You will need to have it in mind that KORD paper size is 24”x 18”, that makes it half on the paper size you will buy from the paper merchant.
See figure below:
The diagram above explains how the raw paper size look like. Then the you will have to cut it into two equal halves in order to suit the machine planned for the print run.
This other diagram below shows the number of ups(times) an handbill size of 6”x9” can go in a single sheet of 24”x36”. The reason we are doing this is to understand the number of A1 sheets as well as A2sheets we will actually need to print 20,000copies.
…Here is what you will do!
If in A2 size we can achieve 8 sheets of A5(6”x9”) handbill size, that means we will need (20,000/8 sheets) = 2,500 sheets of A2 size. Don’t forget that I told you that paper is usually packed in A1 size. i:e 24x36 meaning you will still have to divide 2500sheets by half, in order to determine the cost. Therefore, half of 2500 sheets will be 1,250 in sheets.
I will once again advise you not to get bored at this stage of learning; because once you can get this right, every other things will be a piece of cake. This is actually the costing stage in printing knowledge.
In the paper industry, papers are packaged in reams while cards are usually packaged in packets. A ream of paper has 500 sheets in it while packet of card is usually wrapped in 100s.
Papers and cards are also being differentiated by weight, which is measured in grams. Each grams has its price be it low or high. As at the time of writing this article, a ream of art paper costs N9,500 of 150grams. We have 115grm, 135grms, and also 170grms depending on the specification required for the project.
Now that we have been able to establish the number of sheets of A2 to produce 20,000 sheets of handbill, the next thing is to ascertain how many reams we will need. Remember that I mentioned how many sheets in a ream to be 500. And its been established that we need 1,250 sheets of A1(24”x36”). Therefore, 1250 is to be divided by 500 and that will give us two and half reams.
Moreover, what we need to do here is to multiply the cost of a ream with the number of reams just calculated. At this point N9,500 will be multiply by 2.5 reams making it N23,750. That is the cost required to get the paper needed.
… I just hope we are on same page!

Hope to post soonest!

Weldon Bro. You're doing a great job. I just want to add something to make it easier to understand.

Everybody knows what A4 papers is.
Half of A4 is A5
Double of A4 is A3
Double of A3 is A2
Double of A2 is A1

If I'm wrong, kindly correct me.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 27, 2016
Maximus85:

Weldon Bro. You're doing a great job. I just want to add something to make it easier to understand.

Everybody knows what A4 papers is.
Half of A4 is A5
Double of A4 is A3
Double of A3 is A2
Double of A2 is A1

If I'm wrong, kindly correct me.
Thanks.
you are right bro
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by tataiwo09(m): 11:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
Bro ...are u in ibadan?..i wish to learn all dis
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by pinehazel(m): 7:55pm On May 11, 2016
Hi my people, am back again, and am back to stay with you for as long as possible.
Fetching you with facts and insights into the world of printing.
Don't attempt printing that project yet, until you listen to what comes out of here,
including other member's contributions. Hope that is fair enough.

Recently I walked into a bank, and noticed a stack of promotional fliers next to my
left side of the counter. I got attracted to the quality of the the print but to my surprise,
I struggled to make up the meanings to the message on the paper i was holding in my hand.
First thing that came to my mind was that; only God knows how many quantity of
this was actually printed and also imagine how many are still to printed thereafter.
Time wasted, money wasted, resources wasted and message lost. No conversion,
campaign out of place. Simply because there was no communication.

There are so many little details a lot of people are ignoring when it comes to
writing a copy in any promotional campaigns. And that is one of the reasons I
have to come back here and find a way to help in my own little way. I can't stop that
from happening but i can empower those who are ready to absorb a change in
Graphic design, printing as well as marketing knowledge behind every
design and printing project.

Let me start really from the scratch.

THREE (3) of the best and worst fonts for printing.

It is an obvious fact, that what you see is what you get when it comes to
graphic design and printing. Graphic design STAGE occupies an important role in
printing process and procedures. That is main reason I am coming up
with this piece of article.

When it comes to creating some printed marketing material, the type of
font that we will use, is often one of the last things on our mind. The actual
design and content is usually the first thing we consider and then it is a case of
deciding on colours and images. Once all these are place you might finally get
round to considering the type of font to use.

Why is type font so important?

Imagine your customers can’t easily read the leaflet, flyer, brochure,
billboard or poster that you want them to read, then your message is instantly lost.
Your text must be conspicuous, clear and easy to read and should also fit with your
overall brand identity.

To help give you an idea of fonts that work well in print, I have compiled a
list of three of the best and worst fonts for printing. We see all sorts of fonts go
through our printers on a daily basis and like to think we have a good idea on
what works well and what simply doesn’t work at all.

3 of the best fonts for printing:

1. Century Gothic:
Century gothic is a sans serif font that was created in 1991 for monotype imaging.
Century gothic is neat and easy to read, making it a great choice for print material.
They are a great choice for headlines and can be read from distance.
Those of you familiar with the band Franz Ferdinand may be familiar with the Century Gothic font.

2. Helvetica:
Perhaps one of the most commonly used type fonts, Helvetica has been around since 1957.
It is a widely used sans serif type has a clean, simple feel and is easy to read. Helvetica is
a great choice for more detailed information within a brochure or flyer. You may recognise Helvetica being used by a number of top brands including Microsoft, Panasonic, Staples and Evian.

3. Verdana:
Verdana is a font that was designed in 1996 by Matthew Carter for Microsoft.
It is another member of the san serif family. It was designed to be read on a
screen but is also great for print due to its flexibility. It was designed with small
text in mind so it is an extremely legible typeface when it comes to printing.
It looks good in large and small sizes and is a great choice if you want a consistent
look to the headings and body of your text. You may recognise Verdana being used by PayPal.

3 of the worst fonts for printing:

1. Comic Sans:

This once loved font is now well and truly a no go font. It tends to appeal more to
a younger demographic and is quite popular in targeting kids but is a font that
almost every designer will tend to avoid. It can be hard to read at times on paper
if certain colours are used with it, with yellow particularly hard to make out.
It was designed to look like comic book fonts and quite frankly this is where it should stay!

2. Segoe Script:
The actual problem with Segoe Script is that it isn’t that easy to read and it also
struggles to complement with other type fonts. Sentences can often come across as one
long line of text which can very easily result in the reader getting lost while reading the
information they are after. While hand written fonts can sometimes provide a stylish,
rustic feel to text, it is best to avoid using Segoe Script.

3. Impact:

Last but not least on our list is the impact font. Another sans serif font,
impact was designed in 1965 as a font that would provide an impact when printed.
With ultra thick strokes and a compressed letter structure, impact text can be very
hard to make out and is a font we would certainly recommend avoiding when
deciding on your printing needs.

When you have decided on a type font that works for your printed promotional material,
we recommend you include it in your brand guidelines to ensure all future printed
materials incorporate the font and sizes that are to be used with it.

Let us know which type fonts you enjoy using and which ones you try to avoid using
by joining the conversation on Facebook page www.facebook.com/printquickng.
Or right on this forum whichever your preference is.

See you soon.

Thanks, I remain yours sincerely

Mosiu Adelabu
www.printquick.ng
info@printquick.ng

1 Share

Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by jefy(m): 6:59pm On May 18, 2016
Interesting,i cant waite to learn about flex bannes,dimension,costing etc. Good work bro
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by mightykay(m): 3:04am On Aug 08, 2016
How much is art card packet of 300g 24 by 36. I need almost 380 packets and matte lamination of A2 size of 77000 pcs. it is very urgent
I am looking for less than #6000 per packet and #12 per A2 size of 77000 pcs. very urgent
Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by pinehazel(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
3 Days To Go! Have You Confirmed Your FREE Ticket to This rare Opportunity?
click here for more details: www.mosiuadelabu.com/grow-your-business

Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by pinehazel(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
How are you really planning your Wedding Ceremony? Remember if there a is a reason for a second wedding, the first is usually the most remembered and most acceptable by people around you. So how are you going to make it a day to be remembered for good starting with your invite? And is the quality of invitation cards resonating with your desired guests?

Wedding invitations often provide guests with a first glimpse of a wedding's style. Invitations also may serve as the means by which distant friends and relatives find out about a couple's pendingnuptials if a formal announcement was not made.

Amid the flourishes of calligraphy and impressive paper stock is information that speaks to the importance of the day when two people will be joining their lives together. Guests will learn not only the time and the place of the wedding from the invitation, but also the formality of the event and the scope of the party that will follow.

Couples should keep certain things in mind as they begin to design their wedding invitations.

* Have a good idea of your potential guest list. Before shopping for wedding invitations, it is key to have a strong idea of just how big the wedding will be and how many guests will be invited. This way you will know how many invitations you will need. Invitations vary in price, so cost may be a consideration if your guest list is extensive.

* Decide on the formality of the wedding. Will you be hosting a black tie affair, or will it be a casual gathering at the shore? Guests infer many things about the wedding from the invitations, which should match the formality of the event in style and the sentiments expressed. An ornate invitation written with classic wording suggests a more formal affair, while a whimsical invitation with less formal wording could indicate a more laid-back event.

* Dare to be different by playing with invitation sizes and shapes. Rectangular cards are standard for wedding invitations, but you can explore your creativity by choosing more modern, artsy invitations. Circular invites or scalloped edges can add some whimsy to the wedding mood. Invitations that fold out or are embellished with ribbon or other decorations can be appealing. Just keep in mind that cards that are not the standard shape and size could be more costly to send. Always have the entire wedding invitation weighed and priced at the post office so you will know what the postage will cost.

* Choose a legible font and text color. Your invitation may look beautiful, but it may prove ineffective if it is difficult to read. Do not risk guests misinterpreting the date or the location because they cannot read the writing on the invitation. Steer clear of pastel or yellow text colors, and remember to have a high contrast between the color of the invitation and the text you are using for easy reading.

* Keep the invitation simple. It may be tempting to load the invitation with lots of information, but all you really need are the key pieces of information, such as the "who," "what," "where," and "when." Crowding the card will take away from its aesthetic appeal. Most stationers will suggest a separate, smaller insert in the wedding invitation for the reception information and response card. Never put information such as where you are registered or "no kids allowed." This is material better reserved for word of mouth or on a wedding Web site.

* Do some math. It is important to know your dates so you can receive the invitations on time, give guests enough time to respond. A good rule of thumb is to mail out the invitations at least two months before the wedding. Have an RSVP date of no more than three to four weeks before the wedding, giving ample time to the caterers and accommodating anyone who procrastinates in sending in a response. You will need the final headcount in order to confirm seating arrangements and plan for centerpieces and favors.

* Handwrite the envelopes. Your invitation will look more impressive if you address them by hand, rather than printing them off of a computer. If your handwriting is not very neat, consider hiring a professional calligrapher to write out your envelopes.

* Always order extra. Mistakes happen, and you may need to send out a few extra invitations that you hadn't originally counted. Always order extra invitations just to be on the safe side. And don't forget you will probably want to keep one as a keepsake for yourself.

In order to have a complete and memorable event, it is advisable you have a theme that cuts across all the event souvenirs invite, writing pad, carrier bags, e.t.c all customized with the same colour theme.

That does not only tell how well planned your wedding was, it also registered in the minds of people present possibility of what the marriage is going to look like.

Trust the fate of your event into our http://printquick.ng/wedding-cards/ care and you will are no other choice than to recommend us to your friends and family. You can reach us via email: info@printquick.ng or call: Mojibade: 08023917584.

1 Share

Re: Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - by Okwori12(m): 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Can i get a 100 pieces of nevy blue plain t-shirts in lagos? its urgent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art / My Design Portfolio / A Painting Of Abule ado, Satellite Town Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.