Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? (4753 Views)

Full List Of Unilag Msc Prog For 2015 / Unilag Msc In Public Health Test Questions / Unilag Msc Entrance Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? by akinjosh(m): 8:44pm On May 09, 2013
Please, i need a little advice, i plan on applying for msc Actuarial Science at the university of Lagos, but on further inquiries, i was told that the Society of Actuary does not recognize Actuarial Science degrees gotten from UNILAG. Does anyone know why SOA doesn't recognize UNILAG degrees?
Re: Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? by Elemosho: 8:40am On May 23, 2013
The reason why SOA (US) or Institute of Actuaries UK doesn't recognize degree in actuarial science from university of lagos is because none of the lecturers or professors in the department are member of the society, as a result the curricula of university of lagos degree is very different from the society or institute. I am a student member of institute of Actuaries, graduated from university of lagos in 2007 and I have been in the industry since then. 2months ago I went to one of the professors in the department and complained badly about the need for a change in the dept curricula and the response was that they are currently working on it. Apparently, some of the new lecturers have started writing the society examination. I. Hope very soon things would change but right now no exemptions no recognition. Cheers
Re: Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? by pseudonomer: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Elemosho:
The reason why SOA (US) or Institute of Actuaries UK doesn't recognize degree in actuarial science from university of lagos is because none of the lecturers or professors in the department are member of the society, as a result the curricula of university of lagos degree is very different from the society or institute. I am a student member of institute of Actuaries, graduated from university of lagos in 2007 and I have been in the industry since then. 2months ago I went to one of the professors in the department and complained badly about the need for a change in the dept curricula and the response was that they are currently working on it. Apparently, some of the new lecturers have started writing the society examination. I. Hope very soon things would change but right now no exemptions no recognition. Cheers

I need your advice and tips how to go about the SOA. Please, can I have your contacts?

1 Like

Re: Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? by Alanbb: 11:48am On Dec 16, 2014
check out www.soa.org(society of actuaries,USA) or www.actuaries.org.uk(IFoA,UK),u should have most of the information you need there. Cheers.
Re: Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? by cutiebidey: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
good afternoon,pls aw can I become a student member of institute of actuaries,pls I need a genuine info.
thanks
Re: Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? by Tunmi(f): 12:42am On Jul 29, 2015
Visit beanactuary.com for more information
Re: Unilag Msc Actuarial Science Or Society Of Actuary? by Tunmi(f): 12:44am On Jul 29, 2015
Also TAF Consulting offers exam preparation http://tafconsult.com/

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Facts That Will Blow Your Mind / GENIUS ONLY... Solve If You're A Genius / If You Are Studying Any Of These Courses In Nigerian Universities beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.