Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Database Issue - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Database Issue (1091 Views)

Business Objects Connectivity To Oracle Rdb Database Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Database Issue by stevoddy(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2008
Please s there any body in the house that can assists with the following problem:

Que: Design a relational model for students examination processing.The model should be usable by programmers to develop an examination processing package that can be used to handle computer science and engineering department results.
Re: Database Issue by javadevil: 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2008
pls i'll like to know i you're a programmer, what language? do you know any of UML or design pattern? Sorry about my questions but it will make answering you easier.
Re: Database Issue by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2008
@Poster

We are not mind readers in here and if you can, provide more information on this database design project. Such a Design is easy but more information is needed to even start off. To Design such, one would need to know what information to save and how to create the best model for such.
Re: Database Issue by stevoddy(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2008
dear all,

Im sorry for not being precise. Actually it is going to be for student information like student courses, Student data or information and grade
Please just try to figure it out and give me an insight on how to go about it or preferreably if you can do any one as a sample.
Thanks.
Re: Database Issue by Bossman(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2008
Even though this sounds like homework, and it will definitely help you on the long run, if you take a stab at it, and then post back with what you have and where you are having problems, here is my suggestion. Take a paper copy of the typical student grade/report, write down every information on there, then determine what are the possible data types you will need to represent this information, write that next to each piece of information, post it here when you are done.

Your requirements are somewhat vague! The goal here is to analyze the requirements, write down your own understanding of it, get back to whoever gave you this requirements, and ask questions,and verify if what you have is in-line with what they want. Then go from there.
Re: Database Issue by lojik(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2008
I was on a G.P/Profile Software for Wolex Poly onetime like that. the software computes G.P for students of a department. It was kind of large but the project was abandoned cos of cost issues.
if that is what u want, i can help you (although i dont have my source codes anymore). mail me at (lekeojikutu@yahoo.com)
Re: Database Issue by stevoddy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2008
This is the question and I'm just having problem on how to go about it.
Actually the raw data for student on question 2 are (Sname, LName,FName,Matric No,DOB,Department,Courses offered,Total Unit,Course Point , GPA, CGPA, semester, session) please i just need this to be normalised and design the relational model as shown in the attached document.

Re: Database Issue by FMK(m): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2008
stevoddy:

dear all,

I'm sorry for not being precise. Actually it is going to be for student information like student courses, Student data or information and grade
Please just try to figure it out and give me an insight on how to go about it or preferreably if you can do any one as a sample.
Thanks.

I sent you an Email and attached a sample you can check and see if that way you want
Re: Database Issue by CoolG1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2008
I need a Banking software which can work for a MicroFinance Bank.

That would be able to manage their Information system and all that.

Anyboby with an idea should pls reply with info or contact me through everblaxing@gmail.com
Re: Database Issue by iq(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2008
@cool G

I can arrange something good for you. U can reach me on 08023574893 or you could email me : yomiracles@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Books You Can't Do Without -- The Very Best You've Read / Newbie Needs Help In 'programming' / I Wd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.