Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! (1619 Views)

(PHOTO) - VERY SCARY Pounded Yam And Egusi / What Is The Difference Between Old And New Yam / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by sonickay(m): 7:10pm On May 10, 2013
Although I am student and not a house wife ooo, I just don't eat anything that comes my way. I cook good and tasty foods like my life depends on it. I enjoy trying many cooking innovatives and eating a balanced diet.

The latest I came up with yesterday is a dish I call Yam and Eggs PlusD (D for D0D0), a savoury yam and eggs plusD dish, inviting aroma and undetestable.

I indulge fellow Nairalanders to try this out and give me their views on it honestly, my room mates may not have given a good account, they almost finished everything in the two pots.

First, get yams according to ur appetite, peel, slice to ur desired tempo and cook like you cook normal yam. Two yams and 3-4 eggs would be okay for this recipe.

Secondly, the EggsPlusD.
Get 3 big eggs, sliced onions as desired, one fresh and edible plantain, curry, half cube of chicken cube seasoning, onion, vegetable oil or margerine, salt, pepper, tomato sachette or tin, 3-5 spoonfuls of water in a bowl.

Peel dodo/plantain in cube sizes(diced) as I did or in desired form - sliced, anyways. Add vegetable oil or margerine into a pan or pot, when oil is hot-warm, add the diced plantain dodo, fry till very light yellow, don't burn it.
Retrieve the fried Dodos/plantain from the hot oil and leave in separate container.

Reduce the fire power of ur cooking. device...

Then, fry the sliced onions till it gives the core of its aroma, don't burn it oooo, just fry in white form

In the bowl with d spoonfuls of water, add pinch(es) of curry(very little pls), salt(as may be desired), half cube of chicken cube seasoning, a reasonable spoonful of grinded pepper or powder pepper, half the sachett of tomato paste. Ceteris paribus, stir together very well.

Next smash the 3 big eggs into the bowl mixture, beat, scoup and stir together evenly.
**The spoonfuls of water added previously was to soften d eggs and prevent it from getting burnt because it will have to be cooked and not fried really.

Pour the EggPlusD Mixture in the bowl into the pan on fire, allow the hot oil to take its toll on d mixture for some seconds then stir and leave within 5-8seconds interval respectively.
**on the second and third stir cycle, add the fried Dodo/plantain, then continue the stir cycle until the EggPlusD looks crisp. This shud take 3-5minutes depending on ur fire-power.

Serve with the yam.....

This was how mine looked like...sure you will enjoy eating and sharing with friends....ENJOY!!!

Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On May 10, 2013
Show us pix now . . . I beg
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by sonickay(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2013
I snapped it when I dished it. Pic 1
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On May 10, 2013
sonickay: I snapped it when I dished it. Pic 1

Ok tongue
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by sonickay(m): 7:35pm On May 10, 2013
Fhemmmy: Show us pix now . . . I beg
I can't upload d pic, its more dan 200kb, is dere abyway u tink I can do dis, don't know wats wrong wit nairaland and its animal farm laws dis days....sooo obnoxious
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by 0Dynamic0(m): 7:35pm On May 10, 2013
Ehm... are you a "house-wife" or "house-husband"??
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by Fhemmmy: 7:43pm On May 10, 2013
0Dynamic0: Ehm... are you a "house-wife" or "house-husband"??

Mail it to me and i will edit it for you and send it back to you
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by Manweysabi(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2013
I don dey salivate already grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by Fhemmmy: 8:33pm On May 10, 2013
Poster, show us pix now . . . We go vex oh
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by RAPMAN02(m): 9:16pm On May 10, 2013
angryPIC
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by sonickay(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Mail it to me and i will edit it for you and send it back to you
will do so soon bro...tanks
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by Fhemmmy: 11:23pm On May 10, 2013
sonickay: will do so soon bro...tanks

We no like you again oh, cos no pix . . . cry

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by sonickay(m): 5:43pm On May 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

We no like you again oh, cos no pix . . . cry
I av sent the pics to ů̶̲̥я̲ Gmail inbox bro. Over to you
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by sonickay(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2013
Here is another...ENJOY

Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On May 13, 2013
sonickay: I av sent the pics to ů̶̲̥я̲ Gmail inbox bro. Over to you

Seen and done with . . .
Re: A Nairalander's New Yam And Eggs-plusd Recipe, ENJOY! by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On May 13, 2013
Now you making me hungry oh

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Equipments To Buy, When Establishing An Eatery Or Fast Food Joint / Sugarfree Soft Drinks / 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.