Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Paul Scholes Retires From Football - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Paul Scholes Retires From Football (7346 Views)

David Beckham Retires From Football / John Terry Retires From International Football / Paul Scholes Retires: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Next2Bezee(m): 10:23pm On May 11, 2013
Scholes, 38, previously announced his retirement at the end of the 2010/11 season, but made a shock return to the team on 8 January 2012 when he came on as a substitute in the FA Cup third round victory at Manchester City.

The midfielder was part of the new wave of talent that came through to the first-team during the mid-1990s, and has gone on to enjoy a long and successful career, making an incredible 716 appearances for Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “Paul is a truly unbelievable player. He has always been fully committed to this club and it has been a real privilege to work with him for so many years. Paul will play at Old Trafford on Sunday against Swansea and will collect an unbelievable but well-deserved 11th Premier League medal."

Paul Scholes said: “Yes, I am finally hanging up my boots for good! Playing football is all I have ever wanted to do, and so to have had such a long and successful career at Manchester United, under the greatest manager of all time, has been an honour. The team has the right balance and will continue to thrive under the leadership of David Moyes.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/May/paul-scholes-retires-from-football.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=FB0226

2 Likes

Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by samuel900(m): 11:02am On May 12, 2013
Wow Ok.
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by devigblegble: 11:03am On May 12, 2013
Ok naw great player though MUFC
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by yemi2plus(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2013
Mj
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by adelaja70(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2013
LEGEND!!!!....
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Adex097: 11:04am On May 12, 2013
Please don't come again o
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by searay(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2013
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Ogbuefienubiaka: 11:05am On May 12, 2013
He come back soon for the 3rd time

1 Like

Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by kambah(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2013
Next2Bezee: Scholes, 38, previously announced his retirement at the end of the 2010/11 season, but made a shock return to the team on 8 January 2012 when he came on as a substitute in the FA Cup third round victory at Manchester City.

The midfielder was part of the new wave of talent that came through to the first-team during the mid-1990s, and has gone on to enjoy a long and successful career, making an incredible 716 appearances for Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “Paul is a truly unbelievable player. He has always been fully committed to this club and it has been a real privilege to work with him for so many years. Paul will play at Old Trafford on Sunday against Swansea and will collect an unbelievable but well-deserved 11th Premier League medal."

Paul Scholes said: “Yes, I am finally hanging up my boots for good! Playing football is all I have ever wanted to do, and so to have had such a long and successful career at Manchester United, under the greatest manager of all time, has been an honour. The team has the right balance and will continue to thrive under the leadership of David Moyes.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/May/paul-scholes-retires-from-football.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=FB0226

When he retired last time, what make him reverse, now Fergie go and him too, anyway best wishes.
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Cleverley(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2013
Giggs next
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by yuzedo: 11:05am On May 12, 2013
Legendary Legend Paul Scholes!!!

Thanks for all the times I used England while betting on Playstation winning eleven and you, Great Stevie G and Super Frankie Lampard helped to marshall my midfield to get the ball to Mr. Michael Owen, speed 100! grin it was either you guys in the centre, or wingplay via Chief David Beckham, crossing to the burly Emile Heskey, choi! Those were the days, yo! Thanks Scholie, you were a ginger beast who did football GOOD!

7 Likes

Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by misterh(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2013
Enjoy ur retirement, legend!
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by naijaspeak(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2013
That is interesting, he feel comfortable retiring with Sir, Alex Ferguson. I still see player like Ryan Giggs following suit with a Retirement in the coming months.

They are not sure what their future role will be for the team when the new coach,David Moyes takes over.
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Intrepid1(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2013
Paul Scholes... The player's player!

1 Like

Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Mobinga: 11:07am On May 12, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by caesaraba(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2013
Scholes reitires again, today is mothers day again......... Someone up there is just pressing the repeat button anyhow!

1 Like

Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by sabioye11: 11:08am On May 12, 2013
Wishing U all d best! Scholeszy
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by grandpoh(m): 11:08am On May 12, 2013
adelaja70: LEGEND!!!!....
legend mai FOOT!!!
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Nobody: 11:09am On May 12, 2013
And Manchester United won't make top 2 next season! undecided
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Nobody: 11:12am On May 12, 2013
Bros. . . u don try. Leaving the stage while there's still an ovation. . . Good one!!!
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Kx: 11:13am On May 12, 2013
With d exit of SAF, I don't c CR7 pushing for a united return as much as he did when SAF was there.
Working with a Morinho with whom u at sure of at least a trophy is far better than playing for a Moyes that will never win even a wooden spoon in 11 yrs.
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Odunharry(m): 11:15am On May 12, 2013
Adex097: Please don't come again o
u b chekpe fan?
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by instinctg(m): 11:16am On May 12, 2013
Hope he n fergurson won't come back, better to quit when d ovation is loudest
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Marcelinho(m): 11:16am On May 12, 2013
It's an honour to watch such a great player, his trademark of volleying outside the 18yard box, wish him well
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:16am On May 12, 2013
E don do jare. Fergie don go, Scholes follow. Na Giggs remain. I m sure he ll not finish next season with Man U.
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by catchcold1(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2013
Finally,the voodoo man hangs his boot!!
Good news from England cool cool
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Odunharry(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2013
Kx: With d exit of SAF, I don't c CR7 pushing for a united return as much as he did when SAF was there.
Working with a Morinho with whom u at sure of at least a trophy is far better than playing for a Moyes that will never win even a wooden spoon in 11 yrs.
u r funny dude,mourinho or not..if he want to cme back he will.remembr oldtrafford is his home
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:19am On May 12, 2013
Kx:
Even Mourinho ll not win a pin with that Everton team that didnt v financial power like R/Madrid & Man U (hope you get that). Everton can't buy big players.
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by infobiz9ja(m): 11:28am On May 12, 2013
Enjoy your retirement Paul I hope u have some meaningful investment plans.
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by Nobody: 11:30am On May 12, 2013
Intrepid!:
Paul Scholes... The player's player!

WTF?
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by ideylaff: 11:44am On May 12, 2013
instinctg: Hope he n fergurson won't come back, better to quit when d ovation is loudest

True as a Local Champion.... 2 Champions League Cups in 26 years LOL
Re: Paul Scholes Retires From Football by BodyKiss(m): 12:14pm On May 12, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Even Mourinho ll not win a pin with that Everton team that didnt v financial power like R/Madrid & Man U (hope you get that). Everton can't buy big players.

And Mourinho can't do poo without big players.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Face Swap / Chelsea Vs Everton [3 - 3] on Saturday 12th Dec / Liverpool Vs Maribor : UCL (3 - 0) On 1st November 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.