Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Odemwingie Was Ready To Part With Own Money To Escape West Brom Hell - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Odemwingie Was Ready To Part With Own Money To Escape West Brom Hell (439 Views)

West Brom Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 23rd August 2015 / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odemwingie Was Ready To Part With Own Money To Escape West Brom Hell by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:19am On May 12, 2013
“I don’t know what the future is. We agreed not to talk about January 31st again but my question is: why don’t you want to talk about the 31st,” the Nigerian asked.

“I’m a person of principle so let’s talk about it. I don’t do anything hidden, I’m very transparent.

"There was a £3 million bid from QPR then on January 31 Albion offered me a solution.

"They said if QPR were prepared to go to £3.5 million and I topped that up with £700,000 out of my wages as part of the deal to make it up to £4.2 million, then it can go ahead."

He also revealed that he took a drastic pay cut to make his dream of playing in the Premiership a reality.

"I want to address this greed issue now. I was on big money in Russia before I came to Albion. I wanted to achieve a dream playing in the Russian league - what I dreamt as a kid.

"But my main aim was to play in the Premier League and when I moved to Albion I took a pay cut of more than three times what I could have earned.

"I had an offer to sign for Panathinaikos in Greece for a huge amount of money but I have already made enough money for myself. I came from Moscow earning tax-free money."

And he spoke about fans chanting and singing on his perceived greed. “I'm already sick of it. First of all, I don't need to be greedy.

"I'm from countries where the maximum for us is the minimum for English people. Where I am coming from, we don't have these opportunities.

"As hard as it is for me to think there is a happy ending, there is still a chance but it is going to be very, very difficult.

"I spoke to manager Steve Clarke recently and he agreed it is going to be really, really difficult.

"We on the inside know the main issues surrounding the conflict.

"We know the mess that we have caused, so we are the same people who can clear it up. He agreed with me but I'm 90 per cent sure that it's best for me to leave,” Odemwingie concluded.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I still wonder why a lot of hate is being shot at Osaze. To me he seems a good chap who speaks out when he sees wrong.

I wonder why Coach Clarke hasn't helped him and I hope Osaze gets a route out of his misery at West Brom FC. The West Brom body have really been ungrateful to Osaze's effort to help their club rise.

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE :swap Deal Will See French Midfielder Join Arsenal On Monday / Bale Joins Real Madrid From Spurs / 5 Things We Learned From This Saturday's EPL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.