Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) (2757 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 8:23am On May 12, 2013
Gurus in da house,
Attached are the pictures of my satellite dishes (from different angles).

My INSTALLATION AGENT has gone AWOL for a while now.
I have therefore fully adopted the DIY attitude (do it yourself).

I have four dishes and a strong 4922 HD decoder.
Three dishes are in front (pix below) while the fourth one (DSTV) is at the back.

I get three (3) satellites -
68.5E INTELSAT 7,10/K
28.2E ASTRA IN/2A/2B
7.0E EUTELSAT 7A

1. Someone should help me decipher which Dish is responsible for each channel (from left to right).

2. How do I get more satellites from each dish. I mean which satellites are close enough to each dish.

3. I've seen pictures of 2 or 3 LNB's on one dish in this forum. How advisable is that?

I know little or nothing about FTA's but I sure know that I'M TIRED OF THE MONTHLY OFFERINGS TO DSTV.

So Gurus, help me out, please!!!

@OLENYI, I know you are ever present on this forum. Please don't ignore my post.

Thank you all in anticipation.

Yours,

A Total Novice.

Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 8:42am On May 12, 2013
more...

Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by isomadtech(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2013
Taking it from left, astra 2f 28.2e (multitv), w3c /amos 5 (ait) 17e,and mytv 68.5e. U can as well take a ladder and disconnect each of the dish and observe the channels that will not work.
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by olenyi: 12:45pm On May 12, 2013
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by olenyi: 12:47pm On May 12, 2013
@Daxbiz.

My compliments. Just saw ur post. Do bear with me as am very busy now. But i'll endeavour to get back to u later today when i would have been through with what am doing here. That is if other guy's in here have not already given u a good answer by then.

My warm regards.
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2013
@isomadtech, thanks for the clarification. How about the other questions? Ideas?...

@olenyi, thanks. I wait patiently.
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 2:47pm On May 12, 2013
@isomadtech, do you mean w3c and amos 5 are in the same direction?

I don't have any of them.
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by twinskenny(m): 7:25pm On May 12, 2013
it look like dstv, multitv and mytv dats all
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2013
twinskenny: it look like dstv, multitv and mytv dats all

But which is which?

Any answers to the other questions?

Thanks
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 11:28pm On May 12, 2013
Imagine 4LNB's on each of the dishes.....WOW.

That could mean 12 separate satellites!!!!

Now that's a FTA dreamland.....

That should cover every live match....

What do you think?
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by jonesin(f): 12:53am On May 14, 2013
did any one hav idear of kktv? and on wich sat,and d frequency,are dey stil on air on any satlite
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Timedey: 7:56am On May 14, 2013
I can see Dstv,multitv,mytv.
Add another lnb to multitv so that you can have Dstv channel.
Then you used the other dish to track sirius or Nss 7.
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 8:47am On May 14, 2013
Timedey: I can see Dstv,multitv,mytv.
Add another lnb to multitv so that you can have Dstv channel.
Then you used the other dish to track sirius or Nss 7.

Thanks for that.

What type of channels are on Sirius and Nss 7?

Live matches?
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by olenyi: 8:37am On May 16, 2013
@Daxbiz.

From ur pix, taking it from the left, ur setup is for 36.e (cctv and co), 28.2'e (joy tv and co) and 68'e (mytv and co). U can unplug the cables coming from the dish at the diseqc switch junction to verify which dish shows wich channels.

Now leaving out the dstv dish at the back for now, lets make use of these three. (we'll get back to the dstv at the back later).

Get out ur tv and receiver outside so dat climbing a ladder up to those dishes, u can be able to see ur tv screen. Get a screw driver (star), 10'' spanner and ladder handy.

Select the cctv channel (i am assuming from the pix above and ur verification test dat you are getting this channel). Press menu on ur receiver remote, select installation, enter 4 zero's if pin isss requested for. Scroll down to manual scan and select. The satellite name should be 7.0'e Eutelsat 7 right ?

Now go down to frequency and press any number on the remote. Select edit from the drop down menu and input 11881. Scroll down to polarisation and with the volume buttons, change to ''V'' if its not so. Go down to symbol rate and input 27500.

(Now take a deep breath and relax ). wink

If u've gotten this far, U ARE DOING GREAT. cheesy

Now get ur ladder and climb up to the dish that is for ''cctv'' channel. (once again i'm assuming it's the one at the left except otherwise verified from ur initial test). Loosen up the 4 srews at the side of the dish SLIGHTLY. Just enough to allow the dish swing up and down. Loosen the two nuts holding the dish to the pole arm SLIGHTLY AGAIN.

Now while at the back of the dish, shift the dish a little bit to ur right and swing it slowly up, up,up. (all this while ur eyes and attention should be on the two red signal bar's at the top right hand corner of ur tv screen).

Swing it down again, a little to the right, and up. Keep at this and u should see the signal bar turn green. Once u get a green, den try to get the highest green signal possible. U even get to loosen the lnb at the tip ot the dish arm a bit and try turning either clockwise or anti clockwise to see where it will give u the highest singal posibble.

When dis is done, lock the lnb screw, the four side screws and the two back screws.

Phweew !!!!

Now stretch urself and rest a bit. grin

Come down from the ladder, press exit on ur remote. Go up to blind scan. Select. Press ok on 7'e Eutelsat 7. Click the right volume button and select ok/scan.

Leave it to do its thing. (u can go grab a cold drink while u wait).

Afterwards, exit all and viola, u are there. U should now have among other channels, oromiya, stv 1, rdv, tvm malagasy, all of which show live matches.

When this is done and u've enjoyed this for sometime, we can now tackle the dstv dish. grin

Sorry for the typo's. Will edit later. Too busy.

My warm regards.
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Lunsat(m): 1:35pm On May 16, 2013
Daxbiz: Imagine 4LNB's on each of the dishes.....WOW.

That could mean 12 separate satellites!!!!

Now that's a FTA dreamland.....

That should cover every live match....

What do you think?

You people, you dont need a nest of dishes crammed with LNBs, you just need one LNB, one dish and an HH motor. An HH motor is around USD60. On my set up which is KU only I get 18 satellites from Telstar 11N 37W to Apster 7 at 76.5E

1 Like

Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Stevolat: 1:04am On May 17, 2013
Lunsat:

You people, you dont need a nest of dishes crammed with LNBs, you just need one LNB, one dish and an HH motor. An HH motor is around USD60. On my set up which is KU only I get 18 satellites from Telstar 11N 37W to Apster 7 at 76.5E
CAN U UPLOAD D PICS BRO
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 10:19am On May 17, 2013
olenyi: @Daxbiz.

From ur pix, taking it from the left, ur setup is for 36.e (cctv and co), 28.2'e (joy tv and co) and 68'e (mytv and co). U can unplug the cables coming from the dish at the diseqc switch junction to verify which dish shows wich channels.

Now leaving out the dstv dish at the back for now, lets make use of these three. (we'll get back to the dstv at the back later).

Get out ur tv and receiver outside so dat climbing a ladder up to those dishes, u can be able to see ur tv screen. Get a screw driver (star), 10'' spanner and ladder handy.

Select the cctv channel (i am assuming from the pix above and ur verification test dat you are getting this channel). Press menu on ur receiver remote, select installation, enter 4 zero's if pin isss requested for. Scroll down to manual scan and select. The satellite name should be 7.0'e Eutelsat 7 right ?

Now go down to frequency and press any number on the remote. Select edit from the drop down menu and input 11881. Scroll down to polarisation and with the volume buttons, change to ''V'' if its not so. Go down to symbol rate and input 27500.

(Now take a deep breath and relax ). wink

If u've gotten this far, U ARE DOING GREAT. cheesy

Now get ur ladder and climb up to the dish that is for ''cctv'' channel. (once again i'm assuming it's the one at the left except otherwise verified from ur initial test). Loosen up the 4 srews at the side of the dish SLIGHTLY. Just enough to allow the dish swing up and down. Loosen the two nuts holding the dish to the pole arm SLIGHTLY AGAIN.

Now while at the back of the dish, shift the dish a little bit to ur right and swing it slowly up, up,up. (all this while ur eyes and attention should be on the two red signal bar's at the top right hand corner of ur tv screen).

Swing it down again, a little to the right, and up. Keep at this and u should see the signal bar turn green. Once u get a green, den try to get the highest green signal possible. U even get to loosen the lnb at the tip ot the dish arm a bit and try turning either clockwise or anti clockwise to see where it will give u the highest singal posibble.

When dis is done, lock the lnb screw, the four side screws and the two back screws.

Phweew !!!!

Now stretch urself and rest a bit. grin

Come down from the ladder, press exit on ur remote. Go up to blind scan. Select. Press ok on 7'e Eutelsat 7. Click the right volume button and select ok/scan.

Leave it to do its thing. (u can go grab a cold drink while u wait).

Afterwards, exit all and viola, u are there. U should now have among other channels, oromiya, stv 1, rdv, tvm malagasy, all of which show live matches.

When this is done and u've enjoyed this for sometime, we can now tackle the dstv dish. grin

Sorry for the typo's. Will edit later. Too busy.

My warm regards.

I'm replying you first before even reading your post!!!
Just to show my heartfelt appreciation for taking your time out to reply my post.
Now BACK TO YOUR INFO!!!!

Will digest it slowly........
Thanks
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 10:22am On May 17, 2013
Lunsat:

Bros, that's a great idea!!!
used to think those motors are for the big dishes.

Can you direct me to your dealer?
Can you give me a number to call?
I'm in lagos.

Would really love to get that HH Motor.
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2013
@Olenyi,

I just love the way you gave that info.
Will try it out first thing tomorrow morning being Saturday.
Get back to you soonest.
Re: Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) by Daxbiz(m): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Tried my hands and found that only the dish on the left seems to be working.
Pulled out the middle and right dish to know which satellite is which.
The lefmost gets all dstv channels plus some fta like loveworld, cnn, Aljazeera, mbc2, setanta sports, etc.
The middle and right dishes did not get any channels at all on scanning.
Someone should please help me maximise these dishes or else I'm taking them down.

Gurus in da house, over to you.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen Kwesé TV Free Sports Channel? KFS / Which Fta Channel Is Showing Rccg Holy Ghost Congress? / MYHD IPTV (the Best IPTV In 2019 So Far For Gulf,france,uk,germany,u.s,canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.