Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Omonile Issue!!!! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omonile Issue!!!! (1050 Views)

How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun / Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / Lagos Real Estate/ Omonile Land Scams Exposed! Learn how not to be Conned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Omonile Issue!!!! by jam04(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2013
This is no joke at all. I think Government has lost it when it comes to dealing with this miscreants among the omoniles.
I had thought their only concern is with land owners that purchased their land from them but now this touts have now shift focus to suppliers especially granite stone suppliers who bring in products.although we do face hurdle with touts/omoniles at locations but with small change, they will allow us to go but it seems they are now advanced in their illegal money making schemes

Our company faced hell with omoniles/touts on our way to deliver granite to a client( he is also on NL and possibly he might see this thread). We are to deliver 200 tonnes in lekki and as soon as our trucks enter the estate, all hell was let loose!! It was as if they have a walkie talkie with which they communicate it. I was asked to pay 4k on each 30tons truck which are 6 in nos and 2k on the 10tons truck. I couldn't believe my ears but for peace to reign and for us to leave site( cos of the movement restriction in abeokuta on 30tons trucks), I had to part away with cash.

I can't but pity potential home builders who will have to contend with them during land acquisition,building and eventually live with them.
Can govt help in this regard at all?

Penthouse nig ltd
Re: Omonile Issue!!!! by Chekitaut: 5:53pm On May 12, 2013
Bros, Eti-Osa is like hell...when it comes to suppliers association and omonile, my company is filling a case on the issue, you can't imagine i pay lots to FIRS and Lagos IRS am still disturb by the lazy stupid boys. If my client can't take care of them he or she should forget my service.
Re: Omonile Issue!!!! by jam04(m): 6:20pm On May 12, 2013
Even if the client should attend to them, it still doesn't make sense!!! It is still an unwarranted expenses on their budget.
These urchins aren't legal and the way they brand dere machete and dangerous weapons freely on streets is worrisome.

In Eti-osa association officials are sometimes there to harass you especially when they know you are from abeokuta. the only time we did not have issue with them was when our trucks were used for one of lagos state project and we were given identification boards to place infront of our trucks

Its so bad though

(1) (Reply)

Carport In Port Harcourt / Uncompleted Property On A Plot Of Land At Ibeju-lekki on offer / Virgin 1plots Of Land Via Ago Palace, Okota (PIXXX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.